Zubamon's Ultimate: Durandamon and 20th V-Pet Update Soon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We finally get to see Zubamon's ultimate!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This newest early image from the new V-Jump reveals the only form of Zubamon we haven't seen previously.

Durandamon, for sure named after the legendary sword Durandal/Durendal.

His arms are two large and mighty blades.

Durandamon: Duramon's evolution, who has become a holy sword Ultimate level! Its sword calls forth victory!

In addition, they promise the next issue of V-Jump will have news of new developments for the 20th V-Pet, along with silhouetted images of a V-Pet and Apollomon.

We should at least have some more information about Durandamon when we get good quality V-Jump images soon, since there appears to be a short profile for him that's been cut off in the image.

Thanks to rastadog77 for the image.

Note/Update- We originally had spelled the name as Durendamon, as both Durendal and Durandal have been used for the source word. After discussing it further with garm and ukyou I've changed the spelling to Durandamon.

Update- Added a much better image above, original image is here.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Also added a short translated profile above thanks to garm.

Original image was thanks to rastadog77

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neat. I'm not too excited to see this guy since it's more of the Omegamon like Digimon we always get but it's still pretty cool. Zubamon is still my favourite out of all his forms though. And they did a much better job of making each form more unique after Hackmon.

Wasn't there already Digimon with a weapon named after Durendal?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I thought there was something like a Royal Knight who had a weapon named after one or something, like Dukemon. I must have just been remaindering threads about Duramon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After talking to both garm and ukyou I'm going ahead and changing it to Durandamon even though both spellings are technically correct.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed something looking at Durandamon's coat of arms like chestplate. It appears that there is a dragon-like symbol that happens to be similar to the one on MedievalDukemon's chestplate. Granted, the colors are different, but yeah... we might finally be getting the Vortex Warriors revealed 14 years later.

And yeah, Apollomon also being on the Version 20th pleases me GREATLY. :D

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Durandamon looks awesome! ;)

And it's very cool to see Apollomon included in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh? His body design is so much different from the similar bodies of Jupitermon, Jesmon, etc. But it looks extremely awkward and quite skinny. At least the head design is epic. Now I wonder what kind of sword design on its back... Now all swords on him actually got the handles. Nice!

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How much do you wanna bet this guy, Boltboutamon, and/or either Omegamon Alter-S or Alter-B will be the next entries in the Reference Book?

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed something looking at Durandamon's coat of arms like chestplate. It appears that there is a dragon-like symbol that happens to be similar to the one on MedievalDukemon's chestplate. Granted, the colors are different, but yeah... we might finally be getting the Vortex Warriors revealed 14 years later.

And yeah, Apollomon also being on the Version 20th pleases me GREATLY. :D
Now that you mention it, his chestplate does look like medieval dukemon's, however I don't think the symbol is the same. Other than a vortex warrior Durandamon could be another general from witchelny. We know Medieval Dukemon is the whirlwind general who commands digimon that use weapons made by wind magic, so Durandamon could be the general that commands digimon that use weapons made by fire magic (or earth magic, or water magic).

Kiimon: Blast Mode

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Apollomon being in it, does that mean the other Olympos XII will be too? Digimon Linkz (I don't have a PS4 so I don't know about Cyber Sleuth) has Dianamon and Minervamon but none of the other ones so maybe this will only have him, but I would really like to see the rest of them.

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Apollomon being in it, does that mean the other Olympos XII will be too? Digimon Linkz (I don't have a PS4 so I don't know about Cyber Sleuth) has Dianamon and Minervamon but none of the other ones so maybe this will only have him, but I would really like to see the rest of them.

Linkz only has them because it borrows from CS, which had them both. I definitely expect Dianamon, not only is she the counterpart to Apollomon, Aegisdramon (another Digimon introduced in a Story game) is in, so there's no reason to believe she won't be included. Minervamon also wouldn't surprising since she's relevant thanks to the newer games and Xros Wars, in a way, due to the usage of Mervamon. I don't know about the rest, but I hope they are.

Also, aren't the Vortex Warriors called that specifically because they all use wind stuff? If Durandamon is going to be related to Medievildukemon, it'll probably be as a potential new fusion or something, I mean, we've been getting new Omegamon variations, a new Crimson Mode variation wouldn't be too crazy. I'm only saying this because of the whole Legendary Arms thing, but there's no way to know where they're going with this.

Last edited:

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this is interesting. I can't say I'm all too fond of the all-gold Digimon as they no longer feel as special as back in the day of Magnamon and Rapidmon (who weren't actually 100% gold). The rest of the design is what I find intriguing, though, and those arms! He's got the same blades-for-arms thing going, but there's a lot more aesthetic this time. His abdominal region really looks like Omnimon, though, doesn't it? Though… is that a freaking sword on his back? Yikes, he must have to overcome a bunch of digital physics. Rock-hard core, he must have.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He looks decent enough. I wonder now more than ever if he will transform into a held weapon for some other digiman.

Oh, I thought there was something like a Royal Knight who had a weapon named after one or something, like Dukemon. I must have just been remaindering threads about Duramon.

I also recall some discussion about it from a few years ago, but nothing turns up in a site search aside from BeoWolfmon’s Roland 2 missile launcher. Maybe it was discussed on the IRC.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We do have some weapons named after some mythical weapons, most of which I know because of Fire Emblem, as an example:
->Balmung from ChaosDukemon
->Bultgang and Gungnir from Dukemon CM
->Avalon from Craniummon

There aren't really any Digimon's weapon's names that relate to the Durandel that I can recal. I think Wikimon has a page dedicated to this so maybe check it out.

Side-note: I find it cool that Medieval Dukemon has a weapon called Dynas when we already have Dynasmon. Probably stand for different things tho.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We do have some weapons named after some mythical weapons, most of which I know because of Fire Emblem, as an example:
->Balmung from ChaosDukemon
->Bultgang and Gungnir from Dukemon CM
->Avalon from Craniummon

There aren't really any Digimon's weapon's names that relate to the Durandel that I can recal. I think Wikimon has a page dedicated to this so maybe check it out.

Side-note: I find it cool that Medieval Dukemon has a weapon called Dynas when we already have Dynasmon. Probably stand for different things tho.

Claimh Solais which Craniumon wields is also a Legendary Weapon.

It is one of the Four Treasures of Ireland and translates roughly as "Sword of Light" and is believed to be the inspiration for the most famous of European Legendary Weapons Excalibur.

Caledfwch which is wielded as a Spear/Gun by Examon is another name for Excalibur as is Colbrande which is used in Dorbrickmon's "Tyrant Colbrande" attack which has him spit out a giant flaming sword for him to wield.

Gram is the sword of Siegfried/Sigurd wielded by Dukemon, and Aegis is the name of Athena's Shield which has the Gorgon Medusa's head on it, which is why ChaosDukemon's shield is named Gorgon.

Aegis is also the name of the helm that Fafnir used to transform into a Dragon, only to be later slain by Siegfried/Sigurd, and the design of Dukemon/Chaos/Dukemon's Shields bear some resemblance to the symbol associated with it.

Lastly HolyAngemon has the Excalibur Beam Saber and Dominimon and Seraphimon have their own versions of it as well.

That is all I can remember off the top of my head.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a short translated profile along with a much better quality image in the news post.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow it's way bigger than himself. Can't wait to compare which is bigger. Duramon or Durandamon.