Zero Two Plot Holes

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here are some more plot holes:

How did Ken become the Digimon Kaiser/Emperor virtually unopposed by any other dark forces?

How did Ken obtain the crest of kindness? It seems to just happen to be there. He didn't have to hunt for it like the original 8.

How did the DigiMentals originate? Do the predate the crests, or are they a byproduct of the crests powers being released back into the digital world?

Why do the three newly introduced digimon appear hibernating under three of the DigiMentals in their rookie form? What greater purpose did they serve prior to the events in 02 to make them noble for such a quest?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
None of those are really plot holes, as they are either explained in the show or have very simple explanations if you actually think about it.

How did Ken become the Digimon Kaiser/Emperor virtually unopposed by any other dark forces?
Not really a plot hole, and even if it was you could ask the very same thing about any of the other pre Dark Masters adventure villains.
It's also not like evil forces would have much of an incentive to stop him. They are evil after all, they won't morally object to anything he does and considering he struggled with anything beyond the power of adult Digimon he wouldn't be much of a military force to be reckoned with.
And of course... the world was pretty freshly regenerated and Apocalymon is gone, so there are simply not that many sources of darkness left.

How did Ken obtain the crest of kindness? It seems to just happen to be there. He didn't have to hunt for it like the original 8.
No one ever needed to really hunt for Crests, they were all "just there". If Mimi can find hers growing in a convenient random giant cactus in the desert, why shouldn't Ken be able to get his easily?

How did the DigiMentals originate? Do the predate the crests, or are they a byproduct of the crests powers being released back into the digital world?
Since the Armor Evolution is described as an ancient form of evolution it wouldn't make sense for the Digimentals to be something super recent. I would argue that they could be predating the crests, since even as the specific crests were made for the Chosen, the fundamental forces of the virtues that the crests were based on could have been used for the purpose of evolution before that.
As for the specific Digimentals in the show, if Tag Tamers is anything to go by they broke at some point and their pieces were scattered across random dungeons in the Digital World, where they were found by Ryo and Ken who put them back together (Of course under Vamdemon's influence Ken forgot all of that).

Why do the three newly introduced digimon appear hibernating under three of the DigiMentals in their rookie form? What greater purpose did they serve prior to the events in 02 to make them noble for such a quest?
As explained by Qinglongmon, the Holy Beasts put them there and their main (and only) qualification for being chosen, was being Digimon of certain ancient species that could actually use Armor evolution, which modern Digimon presumably can't, which is why the older Chosen can't use them (Patamon and Tailmon where basically retconned to be ancient species as well, for the sake of convenience.)

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here are some more plot holes:

The only opposing dark force we know of in 02 was Daemon (who was probably biding his time) and Dagomon (who seemed to stay in his domain and might of fed off Ken’s actions seeing as how his ocean gave Ken the dark digivice)

Homeostasis gave it to him.

I think the plot hole here is they’re a method of ancient evolution (the show’s explanation for why new kids were needed and why Takeru and Hikari were redrafted) but they’re based off crest that were specifically created for the 1999 digidestined in 1995

They were created for the new kids and they had the power to armor evolve. Not a plot hole the show explains this.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just because a weak explanation exists in the show doesn't make something not a plot hole. It just makes it a vague excuse that the writers use in hopes that viewers suspend their disbelief enough to not question it.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just because a weak explanation exists in the show doesn't make something not a plot hole. It just makes it a vague excuse that the writers use in hopes that viewers suspend their disbelief enough to not question it.
It does by definition. "A gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot".

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the plot hole here is they’re a method of ancient evolution (the show’s explanation for why new kids were needed and why Takeru and Hikari were redrafted) but they’re based off crest that were specifically created for the 1999 digidestined in 1995
Even if the Crests weren't in existence before 1995, four years in the human world would have been thousands of years in the Digital World, which is plenty of time for Digimentals to become considered ancient.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Also, why is Chocomon reborn on the spot when it's been established that Digimon die permanently in the Human World?
I mean it’s kind of a dick move for claiming something to be a continuity error, when back then that didn’t contradict anything, as the lack of rebirth in the human world was only officially established in tri.
I'd always been under the impression that it was just something they had established long before tri. But fair enough.

Why were the Chosen suddenly able to use each other's Digimentals to evolve when they had not gone through the same process of self-realization that they previously went through early on in the series in order to activate their assigned Digimentals? For instance, when did Daisuke learn the true meaning of Hope so that Veemon could evolve to Sagittarimon?
While the Drama itself has much more extreme reasons for being discounted (Daisuke literally evolves into the Digimon Kaiser for one), I don’t think them using each other’s Digimentals is a problem at all. After all they only needed those virtues to move and store the eggs initially, but after being activated and stored in the D-terminal they could have been completely usable by anyone. Sure, they didn’t do that in the anime, but we also didn’t see anyone try and fail to do it, so there’s no really any evidence to the contrary either.
If memory serves, they were able to discover and collect the Digimentals at first - then presumably storing them inside their D-Terminals - but needed to actually understand what the relevant Crest meant before they could activate its power and Armour Evolve. For instance Daisuke found the Digimental of Friendship, but could not actually use it until he had his moment of clarity later on in the episode.

This seems especially pertinent when you consider that only the person it was meant for could actually collect the Digimental (like in Episode 1). Taichi couldn't pick up the Digimental of Courage, despite having gone through everything he did in Adventure. So the idea of the Digimentals being "meant" for specific Chosen Children feels somewhat cheapened, when in the CD drama any random Chosen could just use any old D-Terminal and evolve with whatever Digimental happened to be in it.

for the kokomon being reborn stuff, as far as i know that only happened in the dub, in the original version he's dead
I don’t know how the dub handled it, but in the original we see a Digimon egg, which people assume to be Chocomon’s and from that they assume that he was reborn.
We don’t see that it is Chocomon, we don’t even see if it’s in the human world at all. And we don’t see it hatch. For all we know it never ended up hatching. Or maybe it hatched into something else. There’s no way to tell. But people wanted it to mean Chocomons 100% successful rebirth so desperately that they claim it to be canon despite there not being proof.
There’s no retcon in clarifying that something people merely wanted to happen didn’t happen.
I mean, the implication of a lone Digi-Egg appearing right there on the spot in front of Wallace immediately after Chocomon's death, as the only Digimon who's shown dying on-screen in their immediate vicinity - combined with that ending visual of Wallace reunited with his 2 Partners - seems pretty clear to me, even if we don't actually see it hatching for ourselves. Sure, it could've just been some random Digi-Egg just floating along waiting to be found... but what significance would it have to the plot by putting that in there?

Like I realize that part of what we might or might not see as a plot hole depends on what source material you consider to be canon in the first place. If I count Movie 3 but not Natsu e no Tobira, then of course everything's fine and dandy. But as someone who takes all the movies and the CD dramas to be part of the canon... yeah there'll be issues with the inconsistencies that popped up. And I get that inconsistencies are generally going to occur in any large media franchise. Doesn't mean they don't exist - I guess it's just part of the fandom to be bringing these up.

Whether it's canon or not is sort of subjective I feel... I mean, it's not like any of the creators have ever come out and said it wasn't, plus the fact that they referred to one of the characters again (Wallace) in a CD drama later feels that it wasn't meant to be just a one-time bizarro world happening.
The creators don’t need to come out and say its non-canon.
It's always been my understanding that movies, CD dramas, OVA's and other forms of media outside of the regular anime series are generally left open to interpretation by the audience as to how canonical they are. As in, the creators aren't going to come out and definitively say one way or the other.

1. Wallace simply doesn’t exist in the tv series. He’s in one audio drama but those tend to be just for fun or not too concerned about continuity. All that means is that audio drama takes place in whatever timeline movie 3 takes place in. There is no mention of Wallace (outside the dub which tries so hard to fit in with the main timeline) even when Daisuke travels to his home state of New York in the Christmas World Tour campaign.

2. Assuming this movie takes place around its release date (between episode 14 and 15) then Daisuke and company should know what the golden digimental is in episode 20. If it takes place between episode 21 and 22 then Daisuke should know what the golden digimental is in the movie (he says “these are ours?” But we are to assume, if movie 3 is canon and between episode 21 and 22 he’s just recently used it). Both times are treated as the first time. At any rate Quinlongmon in his exposition dump episode only bothers to explain the one in the series and never thinks to explain this holy phenomenon.

3. Angemon and Angewomon know they can evolve to Ultimate. And no Cherubimon’s lonely heart warping reality and causing time to go back would not make them stronger. That has always been a terrible fanwank of the highest order.
What gets me is just that there was really no plausible explanation for how they were able to evolve to Seraphimon and Holydramon out of the blue

The explanation of course is that the movie wasn’t beholden to what the tv series did. The movie was its own independent side story roughly based on what was going on in the show at the time (kids on summer vacation, new kids can only armor evolve, Takeru and Hikari had access to their Digimon evolutions outside dark tower area) Angemon and Angewomon could probably evolve to Ultimate in the movie because at the time nothing said they couldn’t, the series was focused on armor evolutions at the time.

Movie 3 has its own plot holes (the writers seem to have no clue how far Colorado is from New York, Wallace keeps calling Terriermon the wrong name, this American kid keeps speaking Japanese to his American mother) but anything it contradicts or the series later contradicts is just a byproduct of the movie being made as an independent standalone story that wasn’t bogged by what the show was doing or would do.
You're right, the movie definitely doesn't follow whatever evolution guidelines have been laid out in the series nor does Daisuke's reaction to the Digimental of Miracles make sense. I could buy that Movie 3 is in its own timeline completely separate from the series. In fact, that way it might even be easier to explain away all the issues people have with it.

The thing is however there are even plot holes within this timeline between a mere 2 pieces of media because the CD drama still manages to contradict the movie. Even if you don't consider the inconsistencies it has with the anime. So, at this point... :eek::mad::(:rolleyes:

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd always been under the impression that it was just something they had established long before tri. But fair enough.

I mean, it was generally understood long before Tri by the fandom that Digimon who die in the real world don’t come back as digimon eggs/go to the dark world. Some fans wanted to be stubborn on the basis that “Wizardmon and Vamdemon aren’t normal Digimon so they don’t count” but all Tri did was held those fans hands and say “Yes, Digimon who die in the real world have nowhere to go”

If you want to give Movie 3 any leeway it debuted before the episode with Wizardmon’s ghost.

But yeah Tri didn’t establish anything new.

Taichi couldn't pick up the Digimental of Courage, despite having gone through everything he did in Adventure. So the idea of the Digimentals being "meant" for specific Chosen Children feels somewhat cheapened, when in the CD drama any random Chosen could just use any old D-Terminal and evolve with whatever Digimental happened to be in it.

I took it to mean the first 5 Digimentals would only be picked up by the kids they were intended for. Taichi has the crest of courage but the digimental of courage wasn’t meant for him.

Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori actually had to display Friendship, Purity, and Sincerity to get those additional digimentals.

The Drama CD seemed to be Toei going “Hey Bandai did design evolutions for each partner Digimon with each Digimental might as well have fun with it”

I mean, the implication of a lone Digi-Egg appearing right there on the spot in front of Wallace immediately after Chocomon's death, as the only Digimon who's shown dying on-screen in their immediate vicinity - combined with that ending visual of Wallace reunited with his 2 Partners - seems pretty clear to me, even if we don't actually see it hatching for ourselves. Sure, it could've just been some random Digi-Egg just floating along waiting to be found... but what significance would it have to the plot by putting that in there?
The Digi-egg was clearly in the river by Wallace (no clue why we’re pretending it might have been in the Digital World) and Lopmon appeared in the end credits. The intent that Chocomon came back was obvious. It’s being stubborn to pretend there was some sort of ambiguity.

It's always been my understanding that movies, CD dramas, OVA's and other forms of media outside of the regular anime series are generally left open to interpretation by the audience as to how canonical they are. As in, the creators aren't going to come out and definitively say one way or the other.
As far as I can understand it’s not something they ever really cared about. It’s just “Hey this is a movie that had a story not tied to the current storyline making it mostly accessible here’s the golden digimentals that Bandai wants advertised”

Heck the Wonderswan games don’t actually make any sense but we know the general gist of the events (Ryo and Ken go to the Digital World to stop Millenniummon and Ken takes a dark seed to the neck) did happen.

But movie 3? Toei seems to go out of their way to make sure nobody thinks it happened. The series does its own version of the golden digimental(s) a few weeks later and no Wallace in New York or any acknowledgement he exist.

Even if you don't consider the inconsistencies it has with the anime. So, at this point... :eek::mad::(:rolleyes:
I can agree that at the very least the cd drama retcons movie 3’s happy ending.

Last edited:

Chisana Minamoto

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Chisana
Yeah, basically. People making up explanations for things they found confusing.
Do you remember the rumor that Zeed created Apoclymon? I think it was on the already canceled Japanese website Digimon V-Residence or whatever it was called. Apparently, Zeed basically manipulated Ken to create Chimairamon. And that Demon also worked for it.

So I think... that thanks to Tri, could be behind the plot hole and mark Yggy. Because what was it doing all along? Tri through Yggdrassill created one huge hole. Because just pulled out of the hat somewhat labile AI, which, for protection, kills everyone. And the same AI will have the world destroyed under its nose.

Agents from Tri and Gennai and his data destruction on government pc is another...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you remember the rumor that Zeed created Apoclymon? I think it was on the already canceled Japanese website Digimon V-Residence or whatever it was called. Apparently, Zeed basically manipulated Ken to create Chimairamon. And that Demon also worked for it.
It's from the profile for Apocalymon in D-1 Tamers, which says that Millenniumon's power (not Zeed's) "brought it forth." Probably that means that it released Apocalymon from its imprisonment (either intentionally or unintentionally) rather than actually creating it. Apocalymon's creation is described in Adventure and elsewhere. The thing about Ken being manipulated into creating Chimairamon is fan speculation*, and I don't think there's any evidence that Demon worked for Millenniumon.

* It does seem likely to me that Ken's creation of Chimairamon was inspired by the Dark Seed in him. My own fan theory on Millenniumon's birth is that Chimairamon's and Mugendramon's data combined in the Dark World sometime after the former was destroyed by Magnamon. Millenniumon came into existence that way (which is why some sources state that it originated in the Dark World), then went back to 1999 to start causing trouble.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^I always favored the idea that Milleniummon willed itself into existence by planting the dark seed in Ken to create the Chimeramon that would fuse with Machinedramon to become Milleniummon

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me the biggest plot hole if you can call it that is the whole Ken-dark-spore etc. It needes more than a 5-second flashback to his adventures with Wormmon and Milleniummon. Also, personally I wanted more Dagomon-Dark Ocean focus/explain-o...

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me the biggest plot hole if you can call it that is the whole Ken-dark-spore etc. It needes more than a 5-second flashback to his adventures with Wormmon and Milleniummon. Also, personally I wanted more Dagomon-Dark Ocean focus/explain-o...
Neither of those are plot holes.

The dark spores were fairly well explained (and even if they weren’t that wouldn’t make it a plot hole) and Dagomon and the dark ocean being left vague doesn’t make it a plot hole either.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's from the profile for Apocalymon in D-1 Tamers, which says that Millenniumon's power (not Zeed's) "brought it forth." Probably that means that it released Apocalymon from its imprisonment (either intentionally or unintentionally) rather than actually creating it. Apocalymon's creation is described in Adventure and elsewhere. The thing about Ken being manipulated into creating Chimairamon is fan speculation*, and I don't think there's any evidence that Demon worked for Millenniumon.

* It does seem likely to me that Ken's creation of Chimairamon was inspired by the Dark Seed in him. My own fan theory on Millenniumon's birth is that Chimairamon's and Mugendramon's data combined in the Dark World sometime after the former was destroyed by Magnamon. Millenniumon came into existence that way (which is why some sources state that it originated in the Dark World), then went back to 1999 to start causing trouble.
Do you remember which sources these were? I've never heard this before.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe the only thing we had confirmed was changed in season 2’s preplanning was originally Oikawa was suppose to act independently as the series big bad before it was forced in to have Vamdemon pulling the strings. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
That's odd. I was re-watching Adventure 02 the other day, and I noted that in Oikawa's introduction scene, he's drinking a red liquid. I've never thought much of it before, but this time I made the connection that it could be blood. Since VamDemon is possessing him, I assume he needs blood to stay strong, just like in season 1. Anyways, I said to myself "That's a nice piece of foreshadowing! For once it seems like Adventure 02 has a plan and knows where it's going!"
But if the red liquid was just a coincidence, I'll have to retract my praise.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I'm curious about is how Takeru knew of Dagomon's existence and even his name when he mentions it in one of the last episodes of 02? IIRC it was never mentioned to him prior to that episode... or am I simply misremembering?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dagomon was mentioned twice before. Demon and Oikawa both referred to “Dagomon’s ocean” (in episodes 45 and 48, respectively).

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How's this for a plot hole: the 02 kids' Digimon are still in their BabyII forms in the real world during Diablomon Strikes Back. Even if one wanted to argue that the events of this movie somehow took place around the time of its premiere (during 02 but not after the battle with BelialVamdemon), it still seems to ignore the fact that everyone became capable of defaulting to their Child stage as soon as V-mon and Wormmon were capable of evolving to Imperialdramon.

Also, not a plot hole, but I still just wanna groan at how poorly done the Demon Corps were. Arbitrary villains that just pop up completely the fuck out of nowhere and only serve to get in the way of the villainous plot we already had going with Oikawa. Maybe someone on the writing team just didn't like the focus on a human villain and wanted to throw some Digimon opponents in for the hell of it (which is also supposedly the same reason they revealed Oikawa was manipulated by BelialVamdemon at the last second..... I'm just thankful that Kurata eventually came along to give us a true human villain that delivered in spades). But there's also other bullshit, like the utterly forced moral dilemma of killing Digimon over FORTY EPISODES in, and doing a complete retread of Angewomon and LadyDevimon's catfight before having the former switch to Silphymon, even though Angewomon was capable of killing LadyDevimon years prior, because apparently shiny new Jogress Digimon superior. Also, not quite as much of a complaint, but I'm really curious about the story behind Demon's cloak. Just seems really bizarre that they'd give this V-Tamer villain an anime debut, only to give it a new design that barely resembles what was already established and pretty much make him "Demon" in name only (also, LOL, the English dub calls him "Daemon", the most mainstream piece of stateside Digimon media effectively ruining Bandai of America's attempt at the religion-dodging "Creepymon", not that they'd still continue trying to push it anyway.... that, and all English media seems to keep in "SkullSatamon", bizarrely enough).

^I always favored the idea that Milleniummon willed itself into existence by planting the dark seed in Ken to create the Chimeramon that would fuse with Machinedramon to become Milleniummon
I remember one suggestion that Millenniumon itself is a paradox, so it's only natural that it'd be born from one.

i feel like tri at least supports the idea that movie 3 could be canon because of its use of holydramon as tailmons ultimate over ophanimon, not much of a case mind you, but they could have chosen to completely ignore it and decided not to.
Eh until 2009 Holydramon was counted as Tailmon’s official canon Ultimate. Pretty sure the Wonderswan games also associated her with Holydramon. And the pendulum series that seemed the general basis for the Adventures kids Digimon also had Holydramon as Angewomon’s evolution.

I know Ophanimon as an Ultimate for the Tailmon line existed since 2002 but the PSP game was the first time Hikari’s Tailmon was given Ophanimon as an Ultimate.

I don’t think Tri giving Angewomon’s “official main series” Ultimate as Holydramon is some sort of acknowledgement that movie 3 happened in the main timeline. Just hey this form had been more associated with this Digimon.

I’m more surprised Toei decided to “canonize” Vikemon as Gomamon’s Ultimate. Most of the supplementary stuff gave him Plesiomon and pre-PSP Vikemon was associated as Shakkoumon’s Ultimate.
Yeah, we can't forget that Holydramon was Tailmon's Ultimate as far back as Pendulum 1.5 (or to be more accurate, one of Tailmon's Perfects during its debut in Ver.S).

'Course, Tailmon itself is one big oddity. Aside from being the only one of the main Digimon to have its form default to Adult (though one could probably attribute "sixth Ranger" syndrome to this, basically she came in too late and had to have an edge to keep up), Plotmon and Nyaromon were created just for the anime to serve as her lower forms (YukimiBotamon was later created when said forms made their V-pet debut in Pendulum Zero). In spite of this, the anime almost never utilizes Plotmon at all, basically only appearing whenever Tailmon powers down and being treated as useless as all the other power-down forms, despite being at the same level as everyone else's default form. And like Patamon, it got to be retconned to an ancient species and continue its significance into the next series (whether this was being planned with the 8th child all along, or if Tailmon just happened to befall good fortune by being paired with one of the only two Chosen Children who was the same age as the next batch of kids, I'm not sure).

Someone on the writing team must've been thankful that Tailmon just happened to have a ring accessory that could be given some significance, because there's no telling how they could've handled having her utilize her full Adult strength at the beginning of 02 (incidentally, the Ver.S and Pendulum profiles make no mention of the Holy Ring at all, and her debut in Adventure showed that it had the ability to awaken Devidramon IIRC). Though just while we're on the subject of the ring, here's something I really don't get: why was it lost (semi-)permanently? I mean, most Digimon tend to evolve with their accessories and weapons and such already on them. Now, I could probably buy the excuse that anything a Digimon loses AFTER evolution can't be easily restored, and I could even buy the idea of temporary evolution restoring a Digimon to its exact pre-evolution state once it's done (which is why the Holy Ring never came back after the numerous times Tailmon evolved to Nefertimon or Angewomon), but why was she unable to evolve with her ring back after those times she reverted to Plotmon? I mean, you'd think that evolving up from a lower form again would be a return from square one, right?

Also, Gennai apparently had her Holy Ring all along, and somehow applied it to Jogress Evolution. I call bullshit on that, since we clearly saw at the very beginning of 02 that Tailmon lost her Holy Ring to a Unimon by pure happenstance. I find it very unlikely that Gennai would just so happen to find it lying around, in an area infested with the Digimon Kaiser's control slaves, and then just kinda forget to give it to her when he shows up again AFTER everyone had already become capable of Jogressing (and incidentally, a point in the series where Tailmon's original Adult powers would be far outclassed anyway).

I believe the only thing we had confirmed was changed in season 2’s preplanning was originally Oikawa was suppose to act independently as the series big bad before it was forced in to have Vamdemon pulling the strings. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m also not convinced jogress was planned in the beginning. The fact that we don’t find out the original Digimon can’t evolve to perfect anymore (including Tailmon who acted like she could multiple times before episode 26) until the same story arc that introduces jogress evolution is suspect. Makes me think the jogress evolution was a mandate Bandai forced on Toei.
Well, you are right that it might've been a mandate from Bandai, but I highly doubt it wasn't planned from the start. Remember, the D-3 toys were released pretty early on in the 02 anime's airing, and said toys featured Jogress as part of the main Digimon's natural line. Paildramon appeared even earlier in a card game starter set that was released around the same time that the airing began.

I’m also not convinced jogress was planned in the beginning. The fact that we don’t find out the original Digimon can’t evolve to perfect anymore (including Tailmon who acted like she could multiple times before episode 26) until the same story arc that introduces jogress evolution is suspect. Makes me think the jogress evolution was a mandate Bandai forced on Toei.
I recall a fascinating theory that the intent was for Armour Digivolution to continue to be the big thing. That, rather that Digivolving into ExVeemon being Veemon's next stage, it would be Armour Digivolving with the Digi-Eggs of Courage and Friendship together, and ditto with Hawkmon and Armadillomon with combining their Armour forms. This is why Sagittarimon looks like Flamedramon and Raidramon combined - the design was completed before the change, and so re-purposed as Veemon + Hope. Presumably Hawkmon and Armadillomon's combined Armour forms were never finished. I also don't recall what the theory stated would happen to Patamon, Gatomon, or Wormmon. I think theywere always going to use natural Digivolution? After all, Wormmon is the only one of the Zero Two-introduced partners to have a canon Ultimate Level form from the card games and such - JewelBeemon. So maybe the whole 'giving up the Crests' thing was a rewrite, TK and Kari were going to use them to regain usage of MagnaAngemon and Angewomon, and Ken was to use his to get Wormmon to JewelBeemon?
Eh, no. JewelBeemon never even came into existence until much later, like around the time of Frontier's debut. To really get technical, I don't think there's anything to officially suggest that it's even Stingmon's "canon" Perfect form aside from a similar appearance and some card game evolution requirements (which are typically loose anyway), not that I doubt it'd be extremely fitting.

Last edited: