Zero-Two Blu-ray Box Packaging & Extras, Jogress Edition Images, Info & Discussion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Zero-Two Blu-ray Box Packaging & Extras, Jogress Edition Images, Info & Discussion

Now that we are getting closer to release of the Digimon Adventure Zero-Two Blu-ray box, we're starting to see more information about the contents which have been mentioned previously.

This time we have more than just the outer box, with actual images of what comes inside.

Image Thumbnail

A very nice looking package.

Like the Adventure box, the package will come with a clear sleeve that slides over the box, and 2 inner boxes to hold the disks.

It appears artwise, much like the cover, the insides mirror the theme the Adventure box had. The first inner box is the kids and their Digimon hanging around, while the second box shows the Digimon's higher forms about to battle.

The disks themselves match the eye theme from the Adventure set, with the kids and their Digimon on it also. To fill out the other 2 disks we get the Kaiser alone with Kimeramon's eye and Oikawa and Pipimon.

The booklet is a reprint/combination of the two booklets from the Digimon Adventure Zero-Two DVD box: Memories of Our Digimon Adventure 02 and Our Walk Through The Digital World. The text used in listings suggests these are 'new' editions, so slight updates are likely.

Clean versions of both OPs and both EDs will be included on the disks.

That's it for the normal edition, a virtual mirror of what Adventure got, but for 02. Next up is more information about the Jogress Edition, a special edition version that will only get one printing.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

A few different images of the contents there.

First up, the Jogress Edition includes everything the normal version has.

Then we have the case for the Jogress edition. It has new artwork of Taichi and Daisuke on it in a gold monochrome with a digital block motif behind them. Both the Adventure BD-Box and the 02 BD-Box fit in this case together.

Then we have 2 series settings booklets filled with art and other information, one for Adventure, one for 02. These will be 152 pages (it doesn't say, but it's likely each book is half that.)

Then it will come with 2 cloth B2 size (a bit less than 28 inches by 20 inches) posters. One of the boxart from the Adventure set, one from the 02 set.

Last up is the information about the Amazon Exclusive version of the Jogress Edition.

Image Thumbnail

As previously known, the first extra from the Amazon version is a steel CD case that can hold 2 disks.

Image Thumbnail

We knew the second extra would be a B1 size cloth poster (a little under 40 inches by 28 inches) but the image is a bit of a surprise. Instead of new art, it's the key visual from 02, which I believe was the first 02 image made publically available before the show began to air.

Digimon Adventure Zero-Two will come out on Blu-ray in Japan on March 2nd.

We are currently taking donations
so we can get a copy of the set for the site to do scans and such like we've done for various other releases in the past. A small sample of releases we've done in the past year thanks to donations from users:
Digimon the Movies Blu-ray Box
Digimon Adventure Blu-ray Box
Butter-Fly tri. Version Single
I Wish tri. Version Single
Brave Heart tri. Version Single
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray

Time to pre-order the Zero-Two box is getting short, so if you want it here are some links. (The first 2 are CDJapan affiliate links, the Amazon JP link is not an affiliate link.)

Digimon Adventure Zero-Two 15th Anniversary Blu-ray Box
Digimon Adventure Zero-Two 15th Anniversary Blu-ray Box (Jogress Edition)
Digimon Adventure Zero-Two 15th Anniversary Blu-ray Box (Jogress Edition, Amazon Exclusive Version)

The previous Zero-Two BD-Box thread is here.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's the likelihood that these first press editions will sell out before the release date?

It's hard to say to be honest. We don't have a clear number for how many of the Jogress Editions are being made.

We do know CDJapan lists that they only have 4 more copies of it for pre-order (at the time of me posting this), so that may give you an idea.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn. I was really hoping on waiting out so I could use that option to pay in U.S. dollars on Amazon Japan. Unfortunately they don't offer that option on pre-orders.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn. I was really hoping on waiting out so I could use that option to pay in U.S. dollars on Amazon Japan. Unfortunately they don't offer that option on pre-orders.

I'd pre-order in Japanese yen.

Your card/bank will convert it for a relatively small fee (normally between 1 and 3%.) While not nothing, if you want the Jogress Edition and are worried, that's a maximum of about $15 dollars.

So $15 for peace of mind for your pre-order.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'd pre-order in Japanese yen.

Your card/bank will convert it for a relatively small fee (normally between 1 and 3%.) While not nothing, if you want the Jogress Edition and are worried, that's a maximum of about $15 dollars.

So $15 for peace of mind for your pre-order.

Good point. I'll probably pre-order it later today.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So basically it's priced at what my laptop's worth atm. My folks would rather buy me a new dog than this. Not that I'm complaining. I love dogs. But I'm never gonna be able to get my hands on this. Probably will ask my great aunt to snag a copy of the DVD boxset from Hard-Off though. *sobs in a corner*

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so glad I saved up for this set. I've been waiting to own 02 for fifteen years and all these extras and new art are far more than I ever bargained for. Heck, I'm actually pretty pleased about the Amazon poster being the old key art, I've always loved it a lot and wanted it as a poster. This is the best waste of my money ever.

deltabot_digidestined

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am really looking forward to it, but cannot afford it. :( I am hoping this means next year we're getting a Tamers BD box set, so I guess I'll just save up for that.(does anyone know if they are going to do one?)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am really looking forward to it, but cannot afford it. :( I am hoping this means next year we're getting a Tamers BD box set, so I guess I'll just save up for that.(does anyone know if they are going to do one?)

They don't announce them this far in advance. We can guess, but guessing would be all we'd be doing at this point.

Realistically, it'll be announced August 1st for a release in spring of 2017.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still feeling pretty confident about my decision to order the Jogress Edition. The poster and CD case from the Amazon Edition aren't worth the extra money to me (especially if the case doesn't come with an actual CD), but I'm really excited about the Jogress Edition's extra artbooks, the two posters, and the (awesome-looking) collector's case that I can put both of my Adventure/Adventure 02 blu-ray boxes inside. This is a legit upgrade from the normal edition and I'm glad I took a chance on it. The whole thing looks great.

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this up, though. I've been setting aside money for Japanese Digimon on blu-ray since 2008 or so, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to buy the movie box, the Adventure box, Tri, and now the Adventure 02 box. But... holy crap, man. The cost for these things adds up fast. I'm really hoping I'll be able to afford the (possible/probable) Tamers and Frontier blu-ray boxes so that I can finish off the "golden years" of the franchise, but if this blu-ray project of theirs extends to Savers and Xros Wars... I just dunno.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this up, though. I've been setting aside money for Japanese Digimon on blu-ray since 2008 or so, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to buy the movie box, the Adventure box, Tri, and now the Adventure 02 box. But... holy crap, man. The cost for these things adds up fast. I'm really hoping I'll be able to afford the (possible/probable) Tamers and Frontier blu-ray boxes so that I can finish off the "golden years" of the franchise, but if this blu-ray project of theirs extends to Savers and Xros Wars... I just dunno.

This is why WtW needs donations so we can keep up on properly archiving these things properly. Especially with a new scanner and the ability to do it better than ever before.

It just isn't possible for me to make any attempt to keep up on my own, like when it was just a few CDs once in awhile.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The artwork on these box sets are beautiful and I love how they featured Oikowa, who looks so happy. I wonder if there will be a Tamers box set next year?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When all the contents of the Jogress edition were showcased in the Adventure live stream a while ago, I was initially under the impression that it could have been a special box containing ALL of the first 2 series (although I couldn't even imagine the price for something like that) but fortunately(?) it's just another bonus... The overall Design is nice although, even though it's fitting, Chimairamon's reptilian eye doesn't really play nice with the center of the disc the way the other round pupils do...
Then the price... pretty much what we could have expected but damn right now that's way above what I would pay for this Box (or 02 in general) but it's not like it's going to get cheaper over time considered it's all limited. And since both 15th anniversary boxes are limited themselves (pretty sure at least) we're talking limited editions of limited editions here... it's just so annoying especially since half of the other merchandise also seems to be limited/premium/crane prices and stuff like that.
At least for em those little art booklets would be the biggest selling point. Split up or not 152 pages of official character art is A LOT and even if some of it is stuff we've already seen in stuff like the V-jump guidebooks, it's not like we ever got great scans of those...

The CD also seems a bit weird, almost as if they planned to produce some CDs but cancelled that plan when they had already printed the cases... I'm not sure how well this works just as a novelty "Hey if you ever bought some Digimon CDs and lost the Original case, why not just by this super expensive limited BD set to get a replacement Case?" I also wonder how many people will end up wanting a refund or writing bad reviews when they find the case empty and think their order screwed up...

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is there 3 different versions off this set on Amazon?

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was gonna say the Drama CD from part one but that already has a case... Maybe it's to hold a later bonus disc from something else (perhaps only included prior with a sleeve?) Its an odd choice.

mateolee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got confused. The Jogress Edition cames with Adventure BD Box + Adventure 02 BD Box, right? So shoudn't it have 18 CDs?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got confused. The Jogress Edition cames with Adventure BD Box + Adventure 02 BD Box, right? So shoudn't it have 18 CDs?

The Jogress edition of the 02 box only contains a special case for both boxes but still only includes the 02 box.