Your Favourite Koji Wada Song?

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
こんにちわみんな!We all know of the living legend that is Koji Wada (if you don't know him then siriusly, what are you doing on this forum?). So, I'd like to ask you guys, which of his songs do you like the most? I've heard only the Digimon songs (not all of them, though), and the re-fly PV (which might or might not be used in tri), and up till now, my favourite song is re-fly. I can't wait for the full version to come out. That being said, I'm pretty sure my opinion is biased, since I haven't heard his non-Digimon songs. So, which of his songs is your favourite?

P.S.: For those of you who can't read basic Japanese, the text above is kana for 'konnichiwa minna (Hi guys!)!'
:cool:;)

Titania

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorites are:
Hirari, Modern Love, Egao and pretty much all his Xros Wars Songs. For the future is also a good one.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'Brave Heart' and 'We Are Xros Heart! Ver. X7'.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My top three are Target, Egao and Pierce.

I wish I could see what everyone finds in the Xros Wars songs...

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I first got into Digimon, the dub 02 was airing reruns, almost time for Tamers to start, and I didn't see andything Sub/raw until later in Tamers, and then frontier. I didn't hear the Adventure/02 songs till many years later.

Tamers is my favorite season, but The Biggest Dreamer? While I do love it, and it fits the series well, very rarely am I like, "Oh, I gotta hear the biggest dreamer!"

Butterfly is amazing of course.

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but... the first time I heard Target, knowing it was the 02 theme, I just, felt that it fit 02 perfectly. Not even knowing the lryics. I don't know how to describe it, but in my mind it just seemed to fit perfectly with the show.

Then there is Frontier. Ironicly, I hate that season, I'm sorry. But, I like Fire, it's very catchy and It fits. But... Innocent. I dunno. The instruments of that song and the melody... I just love it.

So as far as favorite, I'd say between Butterfly, Target and Innocent.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think i must be one of the few people that didn't like the X7 version of it.
It has to be one of the top 3 all-time for me. The lyrics and score when the Ardor-burst Mode appeared, the divine aura emitted from the Gold "Chrome Digizoid" as it emerged was one of the most memorable in my opinion with the four passionate hearts that formed its body, the "Great Xros".

Last edited:

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"The biggest dreamer", probably. It was just the first song I ever heard in Japanese.

Also "X4B The Guardian", "Starting over" and "Say again" :)

I never really liked the japanese Version of Butter-fly. While the German version is still nostalgic, I don't like the lyrics of the japanese version.

Titania

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish I could see what everyone finds in the Xros Wars songs...
You could count them to the best songs of Wada. Not only because of the music but also because of his vocal performance. Comparing Butter-fly with WE ARE Xros Heart, you can definitely hear development in Wada's voice.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure how i managed to forget this one:

Hanabi JACK (Jacking Fireworks) from his Ever CD.

The Xros Music was good, i really did like We are Xros Heart and Evolution & Digixros (Taiki Version), plus Xros 4B the Guardian. Xros may have had many bad points - but the music is more or less faultless in my view.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An Endless Tale, featuring Ai Maeda. It's a good foreshadowing that the franchise wasn't going to end after Frontier.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dig the question!! Butter-Fly (I like the way he sings it live at the 15th anniversary event in Odaiba last summer better than the recorded ones), Hirari and Biggest Dreamer.

I don't really care for any of the Xros Wars songs. Like, I like them enough to sing along, but I don't think I would go out of my way to listen to them as I would the three up there.

Side note: my favourite Digimon song of all time is Stand Up (& all subsequent versions. Including the obscure Xros OST versions), but that is pretty irrelevant in this forum I suppose haha.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We Are Xros Heart X7 version is definitely way up there, and the nostalgia of Butter-fly will only be overthrown when we hear his new cover of it for Tri. But, I gotta say, I love seeing how much he's improved over th years via re-fly's remakes. Specifically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYKSOJti4g The difference between the original Hirari and the new one. Got chills hearing this one.