Your board name origin stories

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I used to be LongLiveTheSovereign (death quote of Caturamon), since my favorite (and partner lol) is Azulongmon. I decided to change it a little bit a while ago, so here we are!

I'm also SeadramonX on the Digimon Wiki, as Seadramon is one of my very favorite Digimon.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My previous username, djdeathspider, derived from DJ Death Spider, the name I had given myself as an underground artist. However, as more and more people started to make fun of that name, calling me 'DJ Dead Spider', and I felt a sense of inadequacy with the name, I fashioned a new name for myself, one that I thought was original but had actually been used before for various purposes, viz. Velocifaptor, deriving from 'velociraptor', 'Philosoraptor' and the semi-NSFW rage face. In accordance with my name change in the musical community, I requested a username change here, and now I am known here too as Velocifaptor. It might be a hackneyed name, but I like it a lot more than 'DJ Death Spider'. Sorry if I've posted here before.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wolfshark was a creature I once made for an old school art project where we had to pull out two animal names from a hat and mash them together. In the end my chimeric result was deemed pretty cool and I adopted it as a sort of personal mascot. Over the years I sometimes stuff in a wolfshark in the background of other projects as a bit of a Easter egg. I still have one as my mascot (named Sharky and I need to make her a proper reference sheet) and the name stuck as my artistic pen name too. Most of my art blogs and such go by 'Wolfshark creature creations' It's a simple nickname to remember so that's an added bonus.

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rosa is my real name <3 as simple as that, i use my real name in any videogame just some eceptions, normally people use their favorite anime character or whatever but i dont need think so much about it, just set my name is all done, my name is very generic, can be a subject or can be a color or can be a flower.

msanimegeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine originated from that odd point of being 13 and figuring out what to call my Youtube channel. Msanimegeek was supposed to do AMVs and reviews... and well, that worked out not at all.

TheCyberSleuth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
gee i wonder where i got my username from

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aqua = for the Kingdom Hearts character, and also because water is my favorite of the classical elements.
Versus = in memory of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

dramaqueen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always used the nickname "dramaqueen" or "thaisdramaqueen" (thais is my first name) because I've always been a little dramatic and also because of the lyrics of "The Best Damn Thing", by Avril Lavigne.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"clanc" was the name I first used when I was signing up for Cuanto Cabron back when I was 10 (which is like 9GAG, but in spanish and worse... WAY WORSE). I got it after a scene from "Mr. Young", which was playing in my TV at the time (Some throwed some fake stick but it didn't sound like one, so someone said "Clank!", I don't remember the scene and to be fair, I don't want to)

Sometimes when it's not enough I add "Huranku" next to it. I first used it on Bunbunmaru Foros in 2013 (A Latin American Touhou forum where I barely post nowdays). I first used "ClancHuranku" when singing up for a Chatango there and used it as my default username when "clanc" is too short, but I made a LOT of mistakes with the psudonym.

As a side note, I started using my dear name in 2012, but before I was using "Morfonfon", which I first used when I was 8 on Club Penguin because it sounded cool. I changed it due to that name being known to my parents and I started going to sites more teenage-oriented (like Cuanto Cabrón above). As you can see, I'm fond of weird names.

I think this post is larger than it should be...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope. That's prefectly fine. And a good reason to change names.

Pizza Splitter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like pizza. And I like Timesplitters. So yeah. Although the Timesplitters bit isn’t particularly noticeable just like with my other username I typically use pizzaperfect. Used it for the first time years ago and it stuck so I kept using them.

Marwan

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I needed a username. I didn't want to use my own name. I got a friend called Marwan, so I just used his name instead of my own name, lol.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been my on-line username since the early 2000's

Last edited:

digivicemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love and collects electronic toys like Tamagotchi but Digivice is for man.
So Digivicemon = Digivice + Mon (Derived from Popular Digivice Toys from Popular Digimon Series)

jaws_is_ra

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I used my initials mixed in the s at the end of my last name with my favor Egyptian God from the YGO TCG. I use this username for almost all sites. Its become kind of a universal username for me so I just used it.

Thireven

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine is a bit silly. It's the name of an old Pikachu OC of mine from my original deviantArt account. The silly part is that I used to say that it was a mash-up of the words thunder, fire, and heaven. Not sure why I did that.

I've used it for several other websites and forums over the years.

NeoDarklight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine is just as silly. 15 years ago, I was a 13 year old with megalomania. So I did what every chuuni 13 year old does, and came up with the most cliche name possible that 13 year old me could- Darklight. And since it was on NeoPets, naturally, that was taken, so I added a number to the end. Then after so long, the email I used for that account became defunct, so I made a new one that didn't last for all that long. Naturally, that ended up being NeoDivinos. Why? Because I was a megalomaniac and made a crappy guild or whatever it was called on NeoPets called Devine (sic) and I had no idea how those things worked because I was a megalomaniac and didn't care. After a while, I decided that wasn't chuuni enough, and settled upon NeoDarklight, and I've been too lazy to change it since. A few years ago, I found out that the name violated all three forbidden names on some guy's Internet Etiquette site, and I loved it so much that my laziness about my name became some sort of "ironic" pride in having a name so associated with Internet idiocy while priding myself on having grown out of that sort of behavior (for the most part) that I now refuse to use any other username (unless it's taken or too long, in which case I use NDLight instead).

And that's about as complete a story as I can make it, because I forgot the rest.

Jon Snow

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Game of Thrones. And no one else in here was named Jon Snow. And it's a funny name, so why not?

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Koreelu" is made up while Stromboli is the name of a character from Walt Disney's Pinocchio. I used that name when I joined the Official Nintendo Magazine UK forums on my 16th birthday back in 2010 and that name has stuck with me ever since.

Hanbei

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I used to go by a sillier name for most of my childhood online, that i came up with by mashing up vaguely anime-sounding names until i got something i was satisfied with, Kainrand. As i grew up, however, i found that i didn't really like it anymore, and started trying to look for new ones, and it just so happened that it was around the same time Pokémon Conquest came out. I was very hyped for it, as i love SRPGs, and in it, i found a character named Hanbei, who was Hideyoshi's strategist. I thought he looked cool, his name sounded cool, and since i played a lot of SRPGs, i fancied myself a strategist as well, so i felt he represented me pretty well.
I've been Hanbei in most of my online presence ever since.