Your board name origin stories

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Back in the old days of WtW, in the era of Jita and Omnitor, there was a user named Anubimon. There was a huge group of us that used to hang out in AIM chats back in the day, with activity at pretty much all hours of the day. Anubi and I became really great friends through that chat, but then he disappeared one day without a trace in 2005. One day we were chatting about bullshit same as any other, the next he was gone. None of us have ever seen or heard from him since then. So after the whole Greg WtW deletion fiasco, I was tired of my old username and decided to adopt this name in his honor. I always figured I'd relinquish the name if he ever returned, but obviously that never happened.

If you're out there, Anubi, I miss you.
You can't fool us. You're the genuine Anubimon, just pretending to be a person pretending to be you.

... I swear this is an existing movie or book plot.

RawEffect

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raw is the first three letter of my last name. and Effect has something to do with my first. Effect is a long shoot at that as well. But yeah that's the story behind mine.

Not very thrilling. I am a rather dull person.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
djdeathspider is a throwback to my old name as an underground DJ/artiste, DJ Death Spider. I changed my artiste name because so many people got it wrong -_-

silverleomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just really like Leomon. He's one of my favorite Digimon.

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I just misspelled Valiant. Stuck with it now. Ah 12 year old me.

frankenfran

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really into scifi and horror, and whenever I draw myself I depict myself as a Frankenstein's monster-esque version of myself so I have a really big attachment to Frankestein's monster-esque characters. I was really into the Franken Fran manga because it was a perfect blend of stuff I'm into so I ended up trying to use the name frankenfran on any site I had the chance to. I ended up getting the URL on tumblr so it quickly became my default handle. Unfortunately the username is usually taken on most sites but I've been pretty lucky so far.

Osuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My real name is Oskari and my friends gave me the nickname Osuka because I like anime.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My handle on this forum is just some Latin words strung together. I was inspired by the 3 moons of Digimon Frontier's setting, and then I just thought that "Tetra Seleno" sounded better than "Tri Seleno". I thought it sounded really cool at 15, I'm embarrassed at how pretentious and incorrect it is at 26.

The other handle I go by is Max Velocity IV. Max is my given name IRL; the rest of the handle is a nod to the very first random AIM account that was generated for me in 200...2?

Lord Starfish

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have gone by the name Lord Starfish for a long time, on many different forums... The origin of the name? Well I'm a huge fan of Clannad... In fact it used to be my favorite anime of all time back when I came up with the nick... My favorite character was Fuko... who has a bizarre obsession with starfish...

Or in short: I am Lord Starfish because Fuko is mai waifu.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My name derives from the Mask of Flight in Bionicle.

KobaBeach

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Leomon Afterlife, with all my dead husbands (r
Third stage (Desert Planet, La Dune) boss in Fantasy Zone.
Here's some footage of it in action (Sega Saturn version, pretty much an arcade-perfect port).

The official romanization - according to the 3DS port - is Cobabeach.
However, I went with a romanization I found on StrategyWiki, lol

It's pretty cute, it's basically a giant sunfish coin spaceship~
Opa-Opa (the player ship, tiny easter egg spaceship thingy) is pretty cute too.

gouguruheddo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been writing Digimon shipping fanfiction pretty hardcore for the past two years, and this is Daisuke's Skype username in my stories. Katakana for "Goggle Head". Haha.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The newest incarnation of my pen-name, several iterations along from its origins as my highschool nickname.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An artifact name from an older variation of a digimon fanfic, I joined the forums a couple years back. I want to change my username to something more relevant to myself actually...

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ZeedMillenniummon is one of my favorite Mega-level alongside Mastemon and EmperorGreymon. The 89 has no meaning, it's just a random number I picked out of a hat. (I'm bad at choosing numbers for my usernames)

Mild At Heart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I took "Wild at Heart" from Digital Surviver, and turned it into something that fit me, cause I'm anything but wild. That, and I thought it was kinda funny. ( I've mentioned this before, but why not? '-'; )

In other words, I set it to "M" for "Mini", rather than "W" for "Wumbo".

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess what my favorite Digimon Field is? I always thought that aquatic Digimon had some great designs, and Joe's Gomamon is one of my favorite Partner Digimon in the franchise, sealing the deal.