Xros Wars Reference Book Refresh Finished- Levels & Attributes Added

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Data types like peace and calm.

In the beginning of the franchise vaccine was good and virus was evil, but to introduce better balance in the games and such around the time of tamers it was Re-interpreted that vaccine equals order and hierarchies, Virus means anarchy/chaos/power, and Data means peace.
Ooohhh😮 I get it

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm annoyed some of the Death Star Generals are Mega/Ultimate while others are Ultimate/Perfect.

And the inconsistency with the Super Evolutions. OmegaShoutmon is Perfect, ZekeGreymon is Ultimate, JagerDorulu and AtlurBallista are also Perfect, but then JetSparrowmon is Champion. Making it just a one step evolution makes sense(Adult>Perfect, Perfect>Ultimate), but it's inconsistent because both Shoutmon and Sparrowmon are Child but Shoumon's Super Evolution is Perfect while Sparrow's is Adult.
Zeekgreymon being ultimate makes sense when you think about it. He evolves from Metalgreymon after all

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon also gets his evolution energy from Omegamon while Sparrowmon just got hers from Nene’s little sister.

Peppermon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damemon as champion makes sense for the first and second part of the anime, since Damemon was more like a disguise. But after that, he had to shinka to Tuwarmon, so both at the same level makes no-sense. I was taking Damemon as rookie until now.

Also, is not Ballistamon too weak to be a champion?

And Tactimon confirmed as mega allows me to maintain him as Kotemon mega. Kotemon -> Musyamon -> ?? -> Tactimon

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damemon as champion makes sense for the first and second part of the anime, since Damemon was more like a disguise. But after that, he had to shinka to Tuwarmon, so both at the same level makes no-sense. I was taking Damemon as rookie until now.
Without Tyutyumon he’s less powerful and basically a Child Digimon like how Tailmon is a Child class without her Holy Ring.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also don't consider Hunters handling of Damemon valid and prefer Damemon as Tuwarmon's disguise / Mode Change.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Damemon I'd be okay with it (and Eyesmon) if in games their attack animation is becoming their evolution like how damemon becomes tuwarmon in his pen 20 attack animation.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or Eyesmon attacks by sending out Scatter Modes, plus there's always the CS/Links method of Mode Change where you can switch the form at any time without any requirements I believe.

Strontium

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, this way each faction has a Child Digimon troop: Starmon for Xross Heart, Gaossmon for Blue Flare, Monitamon for Twilight, Chikurimon for Bagramon.
I'd never heard of Chikurimon! It's kinda cute, actually...

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that it kills itself in battle and then Troopmon is made from the souls of dead Digimon means that the lore may have implied the relationship all along,

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's weird that it lists them as like "Child (Xros Wars)" and "Adult (Xros Wars)" in the Reference Book, but other Digimon like Quartzmon and Shademon just get levels without the (Xros Wars) distinction.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda disappointed that Baalmon's the only Free. Considering how recent media has been combining non-attributes, Variables, and Unknowns into the Free type, this might've been as good a time as any to just convert some of these previously attribute-less Digimon into the Free type, giving it some much-needed expansion.

Shoutmon being a Data-type's a pleasant surprise. It's always nice to see them dodge the painfully typical Vaccine protagonist, and even though X7 Superior Mode isn't in the Reference Book yet, I'm hoping it retains the Data typing (it's almost definitely a Super Ultimate, and more Data Super Ultimates are most welcome). Also kinda interesting to see that all of the Shoutmon+equipped weapon forms are all considered Child-levels (including Shoutmon+Dorulu Cannon, despite Dorulumon being an Adult). Given this, as well as X4B, it seems that some DigiXroses do decrease the levels of one of the components.

Though, looked at another way, maybe they could retcon it so that component Digimon are just lending a portion of their power to the main body. Sorta like how Omegamon shared its power with Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, rather than explicitly evolving into it, and the same with OmegaShoutmon (which is now a confirmed Perfect). And with Xros Wars Digimon now having official levels, I wouldn't be surprised if some media lets certain Digimon simply evolve into the Xrosed forms normally (kinda like how some media lets Paildramon just evolve from XV-mon without needing a Jogress).

Without Tyutyumon he’s less powerful and basically a Child Digimon like how Tailmon is a Child class without her Holy Ring.
Speaking of Tyutyumon, I'm a little surprised that it was made to be just a Child. Given its profile, it does come off as a Digimon that's more powerful than it lets on (and Xros Wars even portrayed this with its ability to grow gigantic). But I guess in the end, they decided to make it even more of a Tyumon expy.

Zameilmon and Splashmon are a level lower than the rest. They should've at least had Splashmon's "darkness mode" as a Mega, since that was a more powerful form (the water tiger thing), but they share a profile as one species. oh well.
I am hoping that they separate Splashmon Darkness Mode into its own profile at some point. For that matter, there's still plenty of other Xros Wars Digimon that are in need of a profile (including some that have standard artwork). Since this major change just proved that Bamco isn't quite ready to completely abandon Xros Wars, maybe they can all have a renewed shot at getting into the Reference Book eventually (except for you, Dorbickmon+Huanglongmon..... you go sit in the corner and stay there).

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's weird that it lists them as like "Child (Xros Wars)" and "Adult (Xros Wars)" in the Reference Book, but other Digimon like Quartzmon and Shademon just get levels without the (Xros Wars) distinction.
Probably because Quartzmon and Shademon were added to the DRB with proper levels from the start like Spadamon was rather than being added as Xros Wars, only the latter gets the (Xros Wars) treatment which leads me to believe that they intend to remove Xros Wars itself as a level at some point.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Over all i'm mostly happy with these levels but a few make me shake my head.

DarkKnight as a Perfect? Normally I'd be fine with this but didn't the X2 give his X the Ultimate level? Seems a lil odd that the X would be a higher level than the basic form. Also I feel weird thinking of Sparrow as a child but again I can see it since it didn't seem all that strong or anything.

Peppermon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the intention is to generate more content for Xros Wars or for fixing general past issues.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DarkKnight as a Perfect? Normally I'd be fine with this but didn't the X2 give his X the Ultimate level? Seems a lil odd that the X would be a higher level than the basic form.
In his case, his profile does state that the X Antibody caused his level to increase.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DarkKnight as a Perfect? Normally I'd be fine with this but didn't the X2 give his X the Ultimate level? Seems a lil odd that the X would be a higher level than the basic form.
In his case, his profile does state that the X Antibody caused his level to increase.
Which indicates that perhaps this has been in the works for a few months?

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which indicates that perhaps this has been in the works for a few months?
well, yes.

This kind of stuff doesn't properly pop-ups from nowhere at the whims of a random intern.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty annoyed that Beelzebumon XW isn’t a Vaccine and Cyberdramon XW isn’t a Virus both to account for their differing personalities and to differentiate them more. At least Blue Flare Greymon is Virus.