Writing help needed for Digimon Legacy

Nova Ozuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a long time ago, I started a Digimon fanfiction called Digimon Legacy. I haven't actually released any of it yet, and have even wound up rewriting a good portion due to personal reasons. It was inspired by the game Zoids Legacy, so as you can imagine, it's a crossover between different parts of the franchise. Really though, it's mostly about a group of OCs. First off, in a mini arc I've been planning for a long while, the characters visit a village populated by Veemon and other members of Veemon's normal Digivolution line. I'm having trouble naming this village however. That's the first thing I need help with.

The next thing is that there's going to be a bit of a prison break. To be specific, the main character, Shun Fuki, gets himself captured by a group of Bakemon led by a Phantomon. He finds himself locked up in a cell containing missing villagers as well as Nokia from Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Shun's got a Fusion Loader and Sparkmon, a custom Rookie Level Digimon. I need a Fusion combination that can break everyone out, but I'm having trouble figuring one out that doesn't mess with part of the plot. All I know is that I need a Champion Level that's fairly bulky. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does sparkmon look like though? It's hard to come up with a fusion if no one knows what sparkmon looks like.

Nova Ozuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does sparkmon look like though?
I've got an old drawing of him right here.

I should probably mention that those spikes on his head are actually fins.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I had an epiphany about a while ago is knowing which parts of your story to prioritize. If the name of the village isn't terribly important to the overall storyline, I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. People are generally going to enjoy your fic because of the characters and plot for the most part, even if you do manage to come up with a memorable or cool-sounding name.

The prison break sounds like an interesting bit. What kind of bulky are we talking about here?

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nova, I’m not much of a writer but I can assist if you need it.

I compiled a list of possible bulkier Adult/Champion and Armor level Digimon. I’m not sure if you would like to use one of these, or come up with an original character instead.
(I’m using dub names by the way)

Gorillamon
Veedramon
Minotarumon
Frigimon
Wendigomon
Guardromon
Monochromon
Ogremon
Drimogemon
Tuskmon
Tortamon
Rhinomon
Bullmon
Golemon
Gryzmon
Leomon
Tyrannomon
Mekanorimon
Stegomon
Elephamon
Deltamon
Ankylomon
Kenkimon
Cyclomon
Ikkakumon
Coredramon
Growlmon
Boarmon
Gargomon
Shellmon
Mojyamon
Maildramon

I wasn’t sure exactly what you were looking for, so I included many different kinds of Digimon. From a storyline perspective though, some of these may be a little too convenient for a prison break (Ankylomon, Drimogemon, and Kenkimon for example)—but you could always write in your story that a weaker Rookie digivolved into one of them if you wanted to go that route.

Nova Ozuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the name of the village isn't terribly important to the overall storyline, I wouldn't worry too much about it for now.
Even so, I imagine it should be a little more original than "Vee Village". Seriously, I almost had to carry on with writing while just calling it "Village".
I compiled a list of possible bulkier Adult/Champion and Armor level Digimon. I’m not sure if you would like to use one of these, or come up with an original character instead.
I hadn't actually considered using an Armor Level. I think Maildramon suits my needs best out of that list. I can see Shun getting one on loan even if I don't see him getting one of his own soon. I also agree that just having a Drimogemon or Kenkimon would've made things far too easy.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the name of the village isn't terribly important to the overall storyline, I wouldn't worry too much about it for now.
Even so, I imagine it should be a little more original than "Vee Village". Seriously, I almost had to carry on with writing while just calling it "Village".
Honestly, even "Vee Village" is fine as a temporary name as long as you don't end up using that for real. :ROFLMAO:

As a suggestion though, since the letter V seems to stand for victory, perhaps you could center your village name around that word. Maybe Victory Town? Victoryville? There are places in North America with similar variations of this. Or maybe even use a different language to render that concept? Perhaps from Romance such as French or Spanish if the tone of the story is more fantastical like Villavictoriosa? It all depends on what kind of story you're writing.

Either way, don't let the lack of a finalized name hold you back from working on the rest of the story in the meantime. As long as you use a placeholder that's consistent and clearly tells you what it is when you're proof-reading so you can paste whatever your final choice is... it should be okay.

Best of luck!