Wizarmon in Digimon Adventure Tri

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After tri was announced they released a new CD drama and if I'm remembering right one part of it had Wizardmon and Tailmon before the Digidestined defeat Devimon. I'm pretty sure Wizardmon told her that he was from another world and when she asked what he meant he said, "You'll find out soon enough." Before we were 5 movies into tri I had assumed that would turn out to be important somehow but I've lost faith in that idea. I'm interested to see whether or not that'll even be touched on in Part 6
The thing is that the CD Drama was done by the members of the old staff. So Tri's staff were not involved in any aspect of this story (we do not even know if they have heard this CD Drama).

Sometimes writers leave stories open so that other writers can treat or complete these stories, but this does not mean that other writers going to do this (something similar seems to have happened with Dagomon and his creatures in 02).

We will have to wait to see if they treat these topic.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure that same drama CD has the track where the kids seal a Digital Gate with the powers of the Four Holy Beasts and Palmon evolves to Rosemon under all the stress to help guide the ritual. So unless you think that part's canon too, it seems unlikely the Wizardmon backstory track will have much impact on Tri.

(That being said, it'd be totally awesome if it ended up working out that both were canon.)

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His hat has been in the poster for a while. Pretty sure people spotted it within a day of part 5 dropping.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His hat has been in the poster for a while. Pretty sure people spotted it within a day of part 5 dropping.
Well, I'm sorry if my post offends you in any way, I just haven't seen it posted here, and that's why I think some people that read this topic, maybe, didn't see it.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you guys think it's a bad sign we only see wizardmons hat. The hat obviously indicates him being in the movie so I wonder why we aren't getting a full image of him makes me think he'll sacrifice himself again homeostasis did say a sacrifice needs to occur.

Elyon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if it's a bad sign, but it worries me, too... deja vu feelings from ep.37 when the first image of his sacrifice scene is his hat in the air

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The likely reason we only see the hat and nothing more is that it's just supposed to hint at his presence in the film. The focus of the poster is supposed to be everyone trying to save/reach Meiko. Actually having Wizarmon on the poster wouldn't really fit. He would stand out too much. But subtly putting in his hat works. He still may sacrifice himself of course, but I highly doubt the poster is in anyway referencing what his potential actions in Part 6 will be.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's going to play a role in bringing Tailmon back to the light, at least I believe that much we can assume. How he will do it I'm not sure. Him dying again as a sacrifice would be stupid, but Leomon already died stupidly in Tri... So who knows, I hope they end Tri with a great last movie.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been underwhelmed so far so would be surprised.

But agree hope they end it on a positive note.

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's going to play a role in bringing Tailmon back to the light, at least I believe that much we can assume. How he will do it I'm not sure. Him dying again as a sacrifice would be stupid, but Leomon already died stupidly in Tri... So who knows, I hope they end Tri with a great last movie.
Any potential situation with Wizarmon will be very different from Leomon's. Leomon came in early in the story as a messenger, and a necessary sacrifice. The writers needed someway to show that Meicoomon was both powerful and very dangerous. The mere fact that Wizarmon will come in at the end of the story (or near the end I should say) means the role will be very different. Even if he came in as another messenger, similar to Leomon, the type of message would likely be very different. And from a writing standpoint, a sacrifice may not be needed to progress the story, since we're at the conclusion (though never say never of course).

But we don't even know how Wizarmon will appear (if he even does, the hat may be something of a mislead). We still don't know the full effects of the reboot, so it really is impossible to know what his role will be.

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I have just said if it is the same Wizardmon we know then he will be there to bring Tailmon back, nobody else could do that. The problem lies whether Wizardmon appears it would really mess up the timeline since it's supposed he did not get back his data as of now.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I have just said if it is the same Wizardmon we know then he will be there to bring Tailmon back, nobody else could do that. The problem lies whether Wizardmon appears it would really mess up the timeline since it's supposed he did not get back his data as of now.
What do you mean?

If you mean Xros Wars manga, there is no reason why Tri has to take that story into account.

There are many versions of Adventure (anime, novel, videogame, between others), each one has different events. Then, the Wizardmon in Xros Wars manga can be from another version of Adventure, not necessarily the Wizardmon in Adventure anime.

PS: Or do you mean something else?

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hat may appear in a memory, that image of Wizarmon's hat flying when he got killed is something that triggered Tailmon's evolution. Maybe we'll see just his hat but not him...
I do hope he shows up, I just want to see Wizarmon on screen again, and somehow I don't think that it will happen in any new Digimon show, so Tri is my last hope for that.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given the unreliability of any information being canon outside the TV series, I doubt Tri would have to adhere to anything put into the novel. That being said, if there is an appearance from Wizarmon, I think it would be strange not to have it be the one we all know, since he's already an established an unique character.
Although Adventure novels is a different version of Adventure anime, Tri seems to use some complementary information of Adventure novels.

For example, the name of Homeostasis. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Four Holy Beasts being Digimon partners was mentioned in the novels.

So it's possible they use the story of Wizardmon in the novels (although this doesn't necessarilly mean he is the only Wizardmon).

In theory, Wizardmon should reborn and forget his memories because the reboot. However, if Tri uses his story in the novels, it's possible that he hadn't been affected by the reboot and he appears as a ghost.
I subscribe to the same line of thinking as well regarding this topic. They've already delved into that tidbit from the novelization about the Four Holy Beasts, and Wizardmon's too iconic a character for Toei to be bringing him back as anyone but the Adventure Wizardmon. A unique entity, and seeing how his origin in the anime matches that of the null canon I don't see why he wouldn't be the only one in that universe (unless other Wizardmon came over from Witchelny of course).

In terms of being reborn, I tend to think that if he came over to the Digital World and has now become a Digimon who is bound by the rules and laws of his new home world, in theory he should fall under the powers of the Digital World host - which should mean that he can be revived as well... fingers crossed.

I could see Wizardmon appearing towards the end as a sort of epilogue. The whole bit about being able to restore Digimon who died in the real world pretty much means we have only a few options as to who's the intended target. Seriously, Darth Gennai wouldn't have mentioned that bit if it weren't part of the plan. So, let's see who all died while in the real world:

• Parrotmon (Movie 1 - no evidence of being returned to the Digital World)
• "Red"Greymon (Movie 1 - no evidence of being returned to the Digital World)
• Mammothmon (recreation of the Highton View Terrace incident)
• Gesomon, Raremon, SkullMeramon, DarkTyrannomon, MegaSeadramon, Phantomon, Gizamon, Tuskmon, Snimon (henchmen deaths, unlikely intended targets)
• Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon (killed by Myotismon)
• Wizardmon (killed by Myotismon in protecting Kari and Gatomon)
• Myotismon (this is the mon who never dies, he just goes on and on my friends…)
• DemiDevimon (also a henchman death, but he was the closest to a developed character among them)
• Diaboromon (?) (I guess the Internet doesn't count as the real world as he came back, so…)
• SkullSatamon, LadyDevimon, MarineDevimon (the Daemon Corps, henchmen deaths, unlikely intended targets)
• BlackWarGreymon (to seal the gate to the Digital World)
• Arukenimon and Mummymon (not the real world, but the Dream World, unlikely intended targets)
• Leomon (Mei-Killed during tri., can't be intended target)

Really, the only significant Digimon to have a real world death from the above are Wizardmon, Myotismon, Diaboromon (well, Armageddemon), and BlackWarGreymon. I ignore Leomon as the whole Meicoomon plot began before his death, so he really can't be whoever the Sith wanted to revive. Of the above, three were brought back in some form already: Wizardmon, Myotismon, and Diaboromon. Myotismon sort of has a connection to Apocalymon if I recall the literature, and he's managed to die three times in two worlds other than the Digital World. Wizardmon seems like a perfect candidate for a "we actually fixed things" moment.
Plot twist: Wallace somehow engineered the Reboot in conjunction with Maki so his dead partner Lopmon could be revived. :p

Last edited:

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbh that would be a good explanation if we see lopmon again i wondrr if blackwargreymon would get the same love.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. If Wallace actually did something like that, I'd be surprised. But I doubt it's happen. Good idea though.

HotMagnus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if he would reappear as some kind of evil incarnate. But, since the whole digital world was reset, he might be alive again. It might bring Gatomon her memories back.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if he would reappear as some kind of evil incarnate. But, since the whole digital world was reset, he might be alive again. It might bring Gatomon her memories back.
He was never evil to start with. Just a loner who ended up following Tailmon, rather than Vamdemon. If that happens, I riot.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And what do you think will happen after that? I mean the reason for the dark evolutions is the negative emotions of a digidestined or tamer or so on, and in tri. Ophanimon FDM appeared because of Hikari's emotions. Nyaromon obviously didn't want such an evolution just like crying meicoomon and all other digimon resulted from dark digivolution. So nothing should change if Wizarmon help her get her memories back. She already is suffering from Hikari's emotions but can do nothing about the evolution. Based previous series and the dominant trend, it's up to Hikari to cancel the fusion not Gatomon. I personally wish to see a more heroic role for Wizarmon. He is to good to be this much overshadowed by gatomon and do nothing other than bringing back her memories.