Wizarmon in Digimon Adventure Tri

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
• "Red"Greymon (Movie 1 - no evidence of being returned to the Digital World)
Taichi found him in the Digital World -- that's why they hug during the end credits.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The credit scene is just the second bookend. The movie as presented is "Taichi encounters 'Red'Greymon and has a massive flashback".

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Based on the misunderstanding about the part 6 poster, I came up with a weird assumption about Wizarmon in tri.
According to Beelzebumon's profile, he could stand at the peak of dark army, nightmare soldiers, if he cared to. I wonder if this implies that he could even beat Appocalymon as a memver of nightmare soldiers. And of course, he is one of the seven great demon lords.
Cuz Wizarmon, Baalmon, Beelzebumon is legit, it's safe to assume that Wizarmon was potentially too important of a digimon to be dead for all the eternity. And whoever the main villain is, it may wanted to revive him and to do so, digital world should got rebooted.

But I know. This is not gonna happen and Wizarmon won't evolve and won't have an important role in tri. like other characters. He may even turn out to be Bakumon's adult form in the worst case.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But I know. This is not gonna happen and Wizarmon won't evolve and won't have an important role in tri. like other characters. He may even turn out to be Bakumon's adult form in the worst case.
That would be terrible, simply cause Wizarmon-Megadramon is awful :p

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be terrible, simply cause Wizarmon-Megadramon is awful :p
Hope they don't choose this scenario.
I dunno, I could see some excuse for a wizard-dragon transformation, but then again, a lot of early childhood memories are dominated by Disney's Aladdin.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Wizarmon -> Megadramon more and more, the more I look at their designs (especially the coloration of their Toei versions). Wizarmon's body is orange and yellow and so is Megadramons; Wizarmon has a big purple cape, Megadramon has big purple wings. They both have partially obscured faces, Wizarmon has a skull on his hat, Megadramon has a skull on his chest... It could work. Not super obvious of course but I'd be eager to see more less conventional evolutions in the anime.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Wizarmon -> Megadramon more and more, the more I look at their designs (especially the coloration of their Toei versions). Wizarmon's body is orange and yellow and so is Megadramons; Wizarmon has a big purple cape, Megadramon has big purple wings. They both have partially obscured faces, Wizarmon has a skull on his hat, Megadramon has a skull on his chest... It could work. Not super obvious of course but I'd be eager to see more less conventional evolutions in the anime.
Hmm... Interesting points.

ShinZankuro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This would be a horrible and unnecessary retcon tie between the past of Maki and Bakumon.

It could mean Wizardmon always was a partner of Maki Himekawa, instead of being a character as his own(Like he always was since the first season).

Also, I really prefer to Maki's Bakumon being his own character than retconning another recurrent character to fit Tri's story.

If Wizardmon is going to return, I'm almost sure he is going to be his own character to help the digimons to recovery his memories(And obviously, calming down the Tailmon part of Ordinemon) and, for a Leomon's level of running gag, dying again as a sacrifice against the big bad.

Now the question is: They're going to make Wizardmon to be alive once for all? I would like if that Wizardmon turns to be the one who lives with Tailmon and helps the Xros cast in mangá on a very distant future.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uh... it could be another Wizarmon right? If he is Bakumon's evolution it doesn't have to be the same one.

ShinZankuro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's the problem. Why they would bring another Wizardmon since they have the Adventure one who, with almost 100% of sure, was resurrected because of the massive reboot? And apparently it's going to get a big part of the final movie role?

Also, I don't think Wizardmon will be Maki's Bakumon champion. Although Megadramon and Wizardmon shares some colors or little elements like the skull on Wizardmon hat/Megadramon's chest, if they're going to bring Wizardmon back, it's almost sure it will be the Adventure Classic one(Tailmon's BF and those loveable shi*). It's a Adventure 1 homage after all... Bringing a another Wizardmon who is not the one we knew very well, would be a massive error.

Also, there's a chance of Bakumon not even evolving into a champion, or even into Megadramon again because of the massive Q&A who needs to be addressed in only one movie... Maybe evolving directly, in a Warp Shinka way, into Huanglongmon.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Adventure Wizarmon is unique, there are no other Wizarmon, just that one. In Adventure novel it's explained that he's from another dimension from where he was banished. His whole look is something that he gained when he arrived in dimension where Tailmon/Gatomon was.

So if Wizardmon appears it should be the only Wizarmon that exists in whole Digital World of Adventure.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unless tri. changes that.

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given the unreliability of any information being canon outside the TV series, I doubt Tri would have to adhere to anything put into the novel. That being said, if there is an appearance from Wizarmon, I think it would be strange not to have it be the one we all know, since he's already an established an unique character.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm gonna point out that as far as major characters go, they tend not to double up. We've only seen one Wizarmon, one Devimon, one Myotismon, one Leomon, one Andromon. They aren't going to change that now.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given the unreliability of any information being canon outside the TV series, I doubt Tri would have to adhere to anything put into the novel. That being said, if there is an appearance from Wizarmon, I think it would be strange not to have it be the one we all know, since he's already an established an unique character.
Although Adventure novels is a different version of Adventure anime, Tri seems to use some complementary information of Adventure novels.

For example, the name of Homeostasis. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Four Holy Beasts being Digimon partners was mentioned in the novels.

So it's possible they use the story of Wizardmon in the novels (although this doesn't necessarilly mean he is the only Wizardmon).

In theory, Wizardmon should reborn and forget his memories because the reboot. However, if Tri uses his story in the novels, it's possible that he hadn't been affected by the reboot and he appears as a ghost.

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Although Adventure novels is a different version of Adventure anime, Tri seems to use some complementary information of Adventure novels.
Fair enough, I was just saying that I wouldn't inherently hold the novels as canon. I have no problem if they do use that as his backstory.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wizarmon's roots are never really explored and I don't believe that they will be. In character original design sheet that I've seen somewhere on net it is said that he was banished from his home dimension because of some taboo that he comited.
So his backstory from DA novel and design sheet suggests that he could be unaffected by reboot and he could still be ghost looking after Tailmon. So, he could be a great device for Tailmon's return to the good side.

All that being said, I don't believe that he'll appear in Tri, and if he does... well, it will just be some mention at the end or something like that.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After tri was announced they released a new CD drama and if I'm remembering right one part of it had Wizardmon and Tailmon before the Digidestined defeat Devimon. I'm pretty sure Wizardmon told her that he was from another world and when she asked what he meant he said, "You'll find out soon enough." Before we were 5 movies into tri I had assumed that would turn out to be important somehow but I've lost faith in that idea. I'm interested to see whether or not that'll even be touched on in Part 6