Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fingers crossed for
VoltoBautomon

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That could mean one of the worst villains could be back. ...Well at least one person will be happy about that.
I've already called that as well. XD It would depend on how it happens, if it indeed happens.
It wouldn't actually be that bad if he returned considering that he's a recurring and almost immortal villain.

Yasushi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would not mind seeing Wizarmon again, wasn't there a drama CD with him and Tailmon released sometime before Tri started?

One thing that would be cool, is if he were to somehow communicate from beyond the grave, like he did in the novelization (to recap: Hikari holds onto his staff, which is not destroyed (come to think of it, what DID happen to his staff?), and it's where they hear the prophecy from, plus it's a lot less ambiguous).

Also, given that Vamdemon had no problem coming back to life despite being destroyed in the Real World (even after that purge that deleted all remaining Digimon in the real world, which being in Oikawa shouldn't have protected him from), why should Wizarmon? The explanation is the writing was getting horribly lazy and inconsistent at that point in 02, but I'm just saying.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would not mind seeing Wizarmon again, wasn't there a drama CD with him and Tailmon released sometime before Tri started?

One thing that would be cool, is if he were to somehow communicate from beyond the grave, like he did in the novelization (to recap: Hikari holds onto his staff, which is not destroyed (come to think of it, what DID happen to his staff?), and it's where they hear the prophecy from, plus it's a lot less ambiguous).

Also, given that Vamdemon had no problem coming back to life despite being destroyed in the Real World (even after that purge that deleted all remaining Digimon in the real world, which being in Oikawa shouldn't have protected him from), why should Wizarmon? The explanation is the writing was getting horribly lazy and inconsistent at that point in 02, but I'm just saying.
I' m looking for more information on Wizarmon, but I guess after first battle with Vamdemon (Wizarmon and Tailmon against Vamdemon), novels are not translated on english.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reappearance of a new form of the undead vampire digimon in the tri. stage play made me upset a bit as it could prove that the possibility of seeing him in the anime is very low, thus a suitable plot for Wizardmon's return could be hard to be made. But now that I think, that specific form of Vamdemon used in stage play might be invented in irder not to contradict his return in the anime. Afterall he was the undead king at firm place and such a mode might be something similar to Wizarmon being a ghost in 02. But after reboot, they can both regain their original forms and get free of those lame states as a ghost and an entity in an ambiguous indeterminate world. Though the problem with the reboot is that it ends their lifelong hostility as they can't remember what happened in their previous lives. After the announcement of the third trailer for Kyosei without mentioning anything about him, he can't be seen during the events of the fifth movie and the final part may not have enough room for a new character. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that the possibilities are this low, but I can't know for sure before the end of the series.

Last edited:

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would you want him to come back, Libra? I'm personally glad Tri isn't relying on old Adventure tropes like Vamdemon constantly being resurrected. If they were going to do that, then a stage play that's most likely not canon is the best place.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would you want him to come back, Libra? I'm personally glad Tri isn't relying on old Adventure tropes like Vamdemon constantly being resurrected. If they were going to do that, then a stage play that's most likely not canon is the best place.
I was hoping for his return mostly because he was one of the important allies in adventure and after reboot, he might've been reborn in the digital world alongside the other ones who died in other worlds. Considering 02, Vamdemon was seemingly defeated in the digital world and I can't understand why Yggdrasil should reboot the whole digital world to bring the ones who died in the human world back to life. Honestly, I can't think of any important digimon in Vamdemon's army whose rebirth can be that much important, and if dark Gennai didn't say something like that, I wouldn't be this much curious and willing to see the army members in tri.

Furthermore, now that we are aware of his return, and know for sure that his sacrificial death is just a simple event in an annihilated spacetime, it's awkward if they don't mention him at all even if it is just a comeo or something like that. They should respect his presence in the new digital world a bit more. Afterall, he used to be a hero sometime.

I agree with you about the non canon media, though the adventure tri stage play was supposed to be happening before the reboot and thus Wizardmon couldn't be there as well. And now after the reboot, he is an ordinary digimon whose whereabouts and destiny is unknown to us. Not to mention that if he was supposed to get killed again like what happened ro Leomon, I wouldn't wish to see him in tri.

Last edited:

DBxDigimon_fan

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking about this. Gennai mentioned about this... Digimon who die in the real world aren't revived because its laws of nature are different. Would the reboot have brought back digimon who died there? The answer matters to the question whether or not Wizarmon comes back for Tri. Unless of course OP means Wizarmon comes back in ghost form like he did Digimon Adventure 02​.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way the Mysterious Man explained it, the whole point of the reboot was so Digimon who died in the human world would be reborn.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that would be a bit odd not to mention any of the digimon who actually died in adventure including Demidevimon, Skullmeramon, Wizardmon, and so on.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that would be a bit odd not to mention any of the digimon who actually died in adventure including Demidevimon, Skullmeramon, Wizardmon, and so on.
It would be odd, but I'm not sure how good they are at making this Tri story. Mentioning those who died in the real world should indicate them returning, but with pointless cameos that we've already seen, I'm not sure writers are capable of coming up with anything cool. So far, Tri was a let down for me.

At this point, I would expect them to bring Leomon back again just for him to make another sacrifice. That's the level people who are making Tri seem to be on.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't we normally just get one Leomon per season? heh heh

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be odd, but I'm not sure how good they are at making this Tri story. Mentioning those who died in the real world should indicate them returning, but with pointless cameos that we've already seen, I'm not sure writers are capable of coming up with anything cool. So far, Tri was a let down for me.

At this point, I would expect them to bring Leomon back again just for him to make another sacrifice. That's the level people who are making Tri seem to be on.
I do agree with you. And I love how you explained the Leomon's case, lol. But we don't know for sure if there would be another direct sequel to the old adventure series and knowing Wizardmon is alive, I prefer to see him again even though he won't have a great role because of poor writing.
One more point, I completely understand why you don't want him to be spoiled in tri, and I don't wish for his return myself.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically: Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars had two Leomons each. In each season, one was an enemy and the other was a heroic sacrifice. And while Kouichi/Lowemon's wasn't really a true "death" I think it counts :p And oddly as I recall, Adventure 02 is the only season without a Leomon whatsoever.

--

While I think it's plausible that Wizarmon could return, I think that might take away from the impact of his death in Adventure. But then again, he might not even remember Tailmon because of the reboot, so that angle could be interesting. But if he ends up dying again we'll just end up with another running gag.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wizarmon is my favourite character, and I would love to see him again in a Digimon show/movie. Even if he would repeat his role... But at this point if he appears in Tri, I have no doubt that they'll make him a joke.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you Wing. I think 02 still counted Leomon as theirs since it is a sequel. Though Mad Leomon may count. But was it already "dead" to start with?

Duskmuse

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically: Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars had two Leomons each. In each season, one was an enemy and the other was a heroic sacrifice. And while Kouichi/Lowemon's wasn't really a true "death" I think it counts :p And oddly as I recall, Adventure 02 is the only season without a Leomon whatsoever.

--

While I think it's plausible that Wizarmon could return, I think that might take away from the impact of his death in Adventure. But then again, he might not even remember Tailmon because of the reboot, so that angle could be interesting. But if he ends up dying again we'll just end up with another running gag.

...Isn't it already sort of too late for it not to be a running gag? I mean Wizardmon is my favorite character. but it feels like every season I've watched has a variason of him dying
S1: Wizardmon
S2: We see Ghost Wizardmon
S4: Sorcerymon
Xros: Baalmon almost dies?

And on the note of Wizardmon coming back I would like to quote Dark Gennai
"But Digimon are forever. Even if they break, they'll be revived as a Digi-Egg. Though, there are a few exceptions sometimes. If Digimons die in the human world, they can't be revived. Aww, how sad. That's where the Reboot comes in. All those guys who died over there come back!"

I know there is much debate on whether that flashback scene is in the human world or the Digital world but my own opinion is that its is the digital world. So why bring up the fact that digimon that die in the Human world can be brought back that way. Only a few digimon died over there, one of which Wizardmon and since the newest movie is going to focus on Hikari and Gatomon I could see Wizardmon playing a role somehow.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could see Wizardmon appearing towards the end as a sort of epilogue. The whole bit about being able to restore Digimon who died in the real world pretty much means we have only a few options as to who's the intended target. Seriously, Darth Gennai wouldn't have mentioned that bit if it weren't part of the plan. So, let's see who all died while in the real world:

• Parrotmon (Movie 1 - no evidence of being returned to the Digital World)
• "Red"Greymon (Movie 1 - no evidence of being returned to the Digital World)
• Mammothmon (recreation of the Highton View Terrace incident)
• Gesomon, Raremon, SkullMeramon, DarkTyrannomon, MegaSeadramon, Phantomon, Gizamon, Tuskmon, Snimon (henchmen deaths, unlikely intended targets)
• Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon (killed by Myotismon)
• Wizardmon (killed by Myotismon in protecting Kari and Gatomon)
• Myotismon (this is the mon who never dies, he just goes on and on my friends…)
• DemiDevimon (also a henchman death, but he was the closest to a developed character among them)
• Diaboromon (?) (I guess the Internet doesn't count as the real world as he came back, so…)
• SkullSatamon, LadyDevimon, MarineDevimon (the Daemon Corps, henchmen deaths, unlikely intended targets)
• BlackWarGreymon (to seal the gate to the Digital World)
• Arukenimon and Mummymon (not the real world, but the Dream World, unlikely intended targets)
• Leomon (Mei-Killed during tri., can't be intended target)

Really, the only significant Digimon to have a real world death from the above are Wizardmon, Myotismon, Diaboromon (well, Armageddemon), and BlackWarGreymon. I ignore Leomon as the whole Meicoomon plot began before his death, so he really can't be whoever the Sith wanted to revive. Of the above, three were brought back in some form already: Wizardmon, Myotismon, and Diaboromon. Myotismon sort of has a connection to Apocalymon if I recall the literature, and he's managed to die three times in two worlds other than the Digital World. Wizardmon seems like a perfect candidate for a "we actually fixed things" moment.