Wizarmon in Digimon Adventure Tri

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you guys think Wizarmon will appear in Digimon Adventure Tri in some form?

I think it would be cool to see him either as ghost who is unaffected by Reboot, or maybe see him return because of Reboot - well I really like Wizarmon, so I just want him back, and seeing Leomon and Ogremon return, I kinda wish all of digimon allies from Digimon Adventure can be there!

P.S.
I wouldn't like him to die again.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd rather he not come back. Let's not cheapen the saddest moment in Adventure.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they don't, but they seem pretty committed to riding the nostalgia train given Leomon's small role in Determination, and the presence of the Dark Masters in Loss. Anything is possible at this point.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be down for more Ghost Wizardmon.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Bakumon turned out to be Wizardmon reset to a Child form somehow.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be down for more Ghost Wizardmon.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Bakumon turned out to be Wizardmon reset to a Child form somehow.
Now that would raise questions of 'how'. Since he was last seen in the real world as a ghost...

Although now I have all sorts of theories how going through my mind >>

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mostly because I'm not trusting Toei to correctly reference anything from 02 or the null canon. I mean, Wizardmon shouldn't even be -from- the Digital World according to the cards/reference book.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And according to the Adventure novelization. But he did take on the form of a Digimon when he arrived.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never got how Wizardmon, a Digital monster with an evolutionary line and everything wasn't from the Digital World.

Sometimes the null canon makes no sense.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am kind of torn myself with the prospects of this character to reappear in Tri. A side of me nags that he has already fulfilled his role to guide to both the Chosen Children and their successors, hence, no need for a Tri debut.

Whilst the other side is the opposite, albeit a bit reserved as mentioned, that should he reappear.... "How?"

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, as I said he could reappear as a ghost. If I remember correctly, when Tailmon asked him in 02 if they'll meet again, Wizarmon responded 'Yes'.

If he appears in DA Tri, it might turn out awfull, but still I want to see him again... And so far in my opinnion, plot of DA Tri isn't so great - Leomon and Ogremon had no real impact, and when they decided to kill Leomon once again they made him a joke... So as far as plot is concerned, Wizarmon could appear as well in some form... I just hope that if he does it won't be cheap like that.

About his origin, he's from Wichelny which is also part of Digital world just another dimension in it, and he was banished from there because he comitted some Taboo.

Last edited:

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I like Wizardmon, I don't want to see him in Tri. The most important thing about his was his relationship with Gatomon, which she would no longer remember now. I just think anyway of putting him in would feel quite forced and not work out well.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I like Wizardmon, I don't want to see him in Tri. The most important thing about his was his relationship with Gatomon, which she would no longer remember now. I just think anyway of putting him in would feel quite forced and not work out well.
That is a fair point, and this makes me feel sad that she is very likely not going to remember him even if he did. Makes me wonder if she would remember Vamdemon and if the Digimon will recall 'Mysterious man' when they see who he is...amongst other things.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... well when I was thinking about him appearing, i thought it would be ideal for Wizarmon Ghost (unaffected by Reboot) to make Gatomon/Tailmon remember everything, because him appearing as ghost in DA 02 made him a sort of a guardian/protector of Tailmon. Regardless of this idea, I don't believe that he will play that role even if he does appear in Tri.

P.S.
If Hiroyuki_Kakudō (​director of DA and DA 02) was on the team of Digimon Adventure Tri, I bet Wizarmon would return, because I've read that Wizarmon was his favourite digimon character.

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... well when I was thinking about him appearing, i thought it would be ideal for Wizarmon Ghost (unaffected by Reboot) to make Gatomon/Tailmon remember everything, because him appearing as ghost in DA 02 made him a sort of a guardian/protector of Tailmon. Regardless of this idea, I don't believe that he will play that role even if he does appear in Tri.
While that certainly could be plausible, I think the big problem with that is that Wizardmon reminding Gatomon about everything would severely diminish Hikari's role. I mean, presumably the memories and connection between Digimon and partners will be rebuilt between each pair. So yeah, I certainly agree that if he does appear, he won't be playing that role.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
The null canon and Witchelny are so much more confusing than all of Ryo Akiyama's appearances combined >_< . That being said, it would be cheap of them to just throw in Wizarmon in the movies, for nostalgia purposes, but if executed correctly, it can very well be a way for the core Digimon to get their memories back, since Wizarmon doesn't seem to be affected by the usual laws of the Adventure universe canon (maybe something to do with his Witchelny origin? Ugh! The confusion is palpably prickling!)

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The null canon and Witchelny are so much more confusing than all of Ryo Akiyama's appearances combined >_< . That being said, it would be cheap of them to just throw in Wizarmon in the movies, for nostalgia purposes, but if executed correctly, it can very well be a way for the core Digimon to get their memories back, since Wizarmon doesn't seem to be affected by the usual laws of the Adventure universe canon (maybe something to do with his Witchelny origin? Ugh! The confusion is palpably prickling!)
Maybe he comes back as a Witchmon? Who's to say ALL Digimon need to go back to what they were before they died?

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe he comes back as a Witchmon? Who's to say ALL Digimon need to go back to what they were before they died?

I seriously don't see that happening. I think that Witchmon is Wizarmon's rival,but I don't believe that Witchmon will appear in any form in Digimon Adventure Tri,and certainly not as Wizarmon rebooted.

Anyway, I like Witchmon and wouldn't mind seeing it in a Digimon anime again.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He may not appear but Gennai has at least implied/confirmed he is now back from the dead.

Sorcerimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He may not appear but Gennai has at least implied/confirmed he is now back from the dead.
Yeah, I've just seen that. The digimon he's refering to can be all those guys from 8. Child Arc.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That could mean one of the worst villains could be back. ...Well at least one person will be happy about that.