Winner of ReArise Poll is Veemon! Will be given to all players!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a huge shock...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The ReArise fan poll has ended and the ReArise Facebook has announced that the winner is Veemon!

With Veemon's popularity he was the one most people assumed would be likely to win (the same as he did in the equivalent Japanese poll over a year ago.)

When the game launches everyone will get a Veemon!

The game is currently listed on the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple App Store for iOS users.

Digimon ReArise has no solid date announced for when it may launch, although the Apple App Store lists October 21st as a stand-in date.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, looks like I'll have to get a Patamon the hard way. (No idea how hard it actually is to get one in-game).

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't even count and it was a fake event for social media interaction. They weren't going to have a different character to the Japanese one when veemon already won and is in the story due to that.

Also sneaky of them in their video not to show him becoming Veedramon. Most voters will be expecting ExVeemon (they'll also be expecting to get to Mega but that won't happen either)

Well, looks like I'll have to get a Patamon the hard way. (No idea how hard it actually is to get one in-game).
Youd be better off pulling a Angemon so you can get it to Mega

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is evolution limited based on the base stage? Like, Rookies can only get up to Perfect and you need Champions for Ultimates?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is evolution limited based on the base stage? Like, Rookies can only get up to Perfect and you need Champions for Ultimates?
Outside of rare ones like the free Pumpkinmon egg they're giving, yes

even then your champion pulls aren't guaranteed mega either

either way though the free rookie from this vote has no mega. It didn't in Japan

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, the wonders of gacha games.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw man, I was hoping for something different! I’m always kind of shocked at V-mon’s popularity.

mentalperson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am convinced that the result was predetermined and the was no intention to give us anything but veemon

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So both japanese and english versions have the same winner, Vmon? Eh

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am convinced that the result was predetermined and the was no intention to give us anything but veemon
I mean, the poll was done via public posts on Facebook, you can always go count them.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish I wasn't dissapointed. I like Veemon but having the same winner again is vastly less interesting than any other option

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, the poll was done via public posts on Facebook, you can always go count them.
Tbf he could've won the poll legitimately even if they didn't count them.

Also you'd have to count the ones from Korean and Chinese social media too

I do agree with that guy though

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To the surprise of absolutely no one!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wait, why is the fact that the partner Digimon of the main protagonist of one of the most well known Digimon seasons turned out to be more popular than a bunch of other Digimon (that were either partners of non-main characters, partners from lesser known seasons or not partners at all) suddenly triggering everyone's conspiracy alarms?

mentalperson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wait, why is the fact that the partner Digimon of the main protagonist of one of the most well known Digimon seasons turned out to be more popular than a bunch of other Digimon (that were either partners of non-main characters, partners from lesser known seasons or not partners at all) suddenly triggering everyone's conspiracy alarms?
Lack of transparency (# of votes, how/where votes counts were obtained), how it's easier to use a premade reward, general bamco app scrumminess( changing pre-reg requirements when it was too low/reached too fast). There's probably more reasons.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh. Oh well. I thought he might win. I hope this isn't as gatcha as other gatcha games. Like Mario Kart.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lack of transparency (# of votes, how/where votes counts were obtained), how it's easier to use a premade reward, general bamco app scrumminess( changing pre-reg requirements when it was too low/reached too fast). There's probably more reasons.
We know exactly where the votes are, and people could go count them themselves if they wanted. You can go track them down right now and count them yourself and tell us if the winner wasn't Veemon.

And as for 'premade reward', you know they're all already made right?

The poll went up and literally the reaction from almost everyone was 'Veemon's likely to win'. That he won is the least surprising thing.

Of course, if someone wants to go and count, we'll all be willing to listen if they find the numbers are off.

mentalperson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We know exactly where the votes are, and people could go count them themselves if they wanted. You can go track them down right now and count them yourself and tell us if the winner wasn't Veemon.

And as for 'premade reward', you know they're all already made right?

The poll went up and literally the reaction from almost everyone was 'Veemon's likely to win'. That he won is the least surprising thing.

Of course, if someone wants to go and count, we'll all be willing to listen if they find the numbers are off.
1. No we don't where the vote come from because we don't know what method was used. Did someone individually go through each of the 2.9k comments on the English Facebook,and however many on Chinese Facebook and Naver? Or did a program just search for keywords and tally? In case of machine tally, what happens when there are multiple mentions in a comment. What if I mentioned 3 Digimon, are each counted? What if I mention the same thing 3 times? Is that 3votes? Does each person only get 1 vote? Or if each new comment a new vote.

I randomly counted the first 25 I came across as a quick sample and renamon seems more popular in fact

As for "premade", are you saying there is a line available already for each rookie listed that go up to ultimate as is the case of Veemon? Because if not then they'd have to make it if the Digimon in question won rather than just using the already made aeroveedramon line that was given out in jp.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, lets honestly look at the situation with Veemon:
A) He's the main partner of the main protagonist from the second most popular season in the franchise, and said season was hugely popular when the franchise was at its prime and thus be influential to fans from that period.
B) He's always been a prevalently used Digimon across the franchise's media, appearing multiple times in things like the games and TCG. Additionally, some of them feature him prominently such as Re: Digitize Decode which had Rina use one, who also went on to have appearances in Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, and Next 0rder.
C) He's connected to two very popular lines in the Digimon franchise: the Exveemon line and Veedramon line, along with the three Armored Evolutions with one being Magnamon. For fans of those lines having Veemon would give them access to at least one.

All in all, he has major reasons to believe that he would stand above the rest. He's popular, prominent, well-liked, and connected to other major and popular figures in the franchise. Even as someone who would've preferred other options like Gomamon or Gaomon, it's not unbelievable that a Digimon like that would win again in an international poll, especially one where there are going to be fans who may not have followed the series past its prime.

Last edited: