Will Appmon redefine the Digimon franchise as a whole?

Dreamgreymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I couldn't read all of the comments so I'm gonna write my own idea .
i truly believe that the Digimon franchise has surprised us in many ways
for example before I saw Digimon frontier I thought that having no partners will hurt the series and it would be the end of Digimon but after watching it for a few episodes I loved it
Digimon tamers was also shocking for me cause Takato wasn't a true leader at the beginning ( like the applimonsters main character) but learned many things and became worthy of being the leader
Looking at the beginning Digimon adventure 01 , which I think is everyones favorite , had many mysteries in the story but it turned out to be one of the most beautiful anime(s?) ever that's why I think we should wait and get surprised like always because for me Digimon is an anime in which characters improve with the story and the fans get so attracted to them thats how it has been for me . I personally have cried every time one of the seasons ended .
PS : sorry for the bad English I'm not from the UK or US ;)

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I kinda figured they'd attempt something like this with Digimon at some point given the popularity Yokai Watch has in Japan. And honestly Universe is just what Digimon has been doing for the past decade & a half; taking a popular idea & applying a Digimon skin over it. They did a good job in Adventure & 02 of establishing & building their own franchise's concepts & lore. But ever since then they've taken influences from other places like many other franchises do.

Tamers (very light version of NGE)
Frontier (transforming heroes like Pretty Cure & Kamen Rider)
Savers/Data Squad (similar to many Shonen anime/manga popular at the time)
Xros Wars/Fusion (essentially Super Sentai robos given life)

And now we have Appmon. Just another branch of the Digimon Multiverse. Which is great. If every season of Digimon was just Adventure with different designs then I don't believe the series would've lasted as long as it did. I'm really looking forward to what Universe has in store for us.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I kinda figured they'd attempt something like this with Digimon at some point given the popularity Yokai Watch has in Japan. And honestly Universe is just what Digimon has been doing for the past decade & a half; taking a popular idea & applying a Digimon skin over it. They did a good job in Adventure & 02 of establishing & building their own franchise's concepts & lore. But ever since then they've taken influences from other places like many other franchises do.

Tamers (very light version of NGE)
Frontier (transforming heroes like Pretty Cure & Kamen Rider)
Savers/Data Squad (similar to many Shonen anime/manga popular at the time)
Xros Wars/Fusion (essentially Super Sentai robos given life)

And now we have Appmon. Just another branch of the Digimon Multiverse. Which is great. If every season of Digimon was just Adventure with different designs then I don't believe the series would've lasted as long as it did. I'm really looking forward to what Universe has in store for us.
well, I don't think Tamers is the very light version of NGE. It can be probably the vice versa, as the series involving kids having the responsibility and facing situations that only adult can face. At least the casts in NGE are teen and adults.