Why hasn't Chronomon made any appearances i recently

guardmaster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It feels odd that Chronomon hasn't been recognized officially in recent years. Debuting in Digimon Story, Chronomon even got its own evolution line in Lost Evolution, before fading into complete obscurity since then, not even being listed in the reference book. Why is that?

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
to add to the oddity it's in the Hacker's Memory Digimon 20th Anniversary Art Book so Bandai can legally use Chronomon still and are aware it exists.

At least it's not Bemmon. Dude had a a starring role in Digimon World 3 and has never been given any Bandai official art or even a reference to it existing outside that game to my understanding. Bemmon would be a Digimon I believe there's a legal issue with

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's a case of not knowing what to do with him or saving him for an important role. He was created as a powerful Digimon (one of the few intended as a Super Ultimate from start) and was deeply connected with the first two DS Story games' plot. He even managed to warrant a full line! It's sad he hasn't appeared recently, but I hope when he shows up next, it's in a memorable maner.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like it if he would be used.

But at the same time, like Notus mentioned, I feel it has to be a pretty memorable moment when he does. (Even though one could argue that at least appearing is better than never appearing and being forgotten. Depending on what your stance in the matter is.)

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’d be fine with Habu just quietly adding Hyokomon and Bemmon to the next CyberSleuth.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah maybe 2020 cards will have them? Backgrounds just like that ToyAgumon's card.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they'll definitively appear on the card game. At the very least Chicchimon, as the number of Babies are very limited and they're already reapeating. But this makes me wonder if they'll acknowledge Chronomon's status as SU with a Lvl.7 card when his official line goes Perfect -> him. That always bugged me since that line got introduced. Of course, the card game could make a mechanic to allow Butenmon to evolve to Holy Mode, or use Destroyer Mode as the Lvl.6.

EDIT: Corrected the Lvl numbers.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would probably just be Lv.6, since Super Ultimate isn’t technically a seventh evolutionary level.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean they made Millieniummon a lv7 card, no reason they can't do the same with the Chronomons.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll pop up again one day but then again he isn't even one of the ones in the 700 medals of Hackers Memory.

Being in the HM art book at least means the game staff are aware of him.

Grimmon is who I'd like to see again, in an actual playable role.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chronomon Holy Mode will be a Digitama card that can only evolve into Agumon.
It's the only thing that makes sense

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Millenniumon was Level 7 so that it could evolve from Mugendramon. Chronomon’s previous form was the Perfect-level Butenmon, so I doubt they’d make it anything besides Level 6.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Millenniumon was Level 7 so that it could evolve from Mugendramon. Chronomon’s previous form was the Perfect-level Butenmon, so I doubt they’d make it anything besides Level 6.
Can just have DM as a lv6 and HM as a lv7

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they'll definitively appear on the card game. At the very least Chicchimon, as the number of Babies are very limited and they're already reapeating. But this makes me wonder if they'll acknowledge Chronomon's status as SU with a Lvl.7 card when his official line goes Perfect -> him. That always bugged me since that line got introduced. Of course, the card game could make a mechanic to allow Butenmon to evolve to Holy Mode, or use Destroyer Mode as the Lvl.6.

He actually made appearances outside of the ds story games, in other ds digimon games and in those he was just a mega, not ultra.

Also milleiumon in rearise is ultra so him being lv7 does make sense, it seems the devs do see him as a more powerful than ultimates.

Also I see both DM and HM similar to rasenmon FM and the normal.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

He actually made appearances outside of the ds story games, in other ds digimon games and in those he was just a mega, not ultra.

Also milleiumon in rearise is ultra so him being lv7 does make sense, it seems the devs do see him as a more powerful than ultimates.

Those games didnt use Ultra. They *did* use "Mega 2" though, and they listed Chronmon as a Mega 2 without a Mega 1, so technically Butenmon warp digivolved to him as they skipped Mega 1 and went right into Mega 2.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Those games didnt use Ultra. They *did* use "Mega 2" though, and they listed Chronmon as a Mega 2 without a Mega 1, so technically Butenmon warp digivolved to him as they skipped Mega 1 and went right into Mega 2.
Honestly with digimon chronicle x3 and how mega digimon were listed in those and then see games like rearise still list them as a mega, confuses, I am sure chronomon is just a normal mega.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The games that have included a Super Ultimate classification lately have been pretty consistent in having them evolve from regular Ultimate level Digimon, so unless they did it so that Holy Mode evolves from Destroy Mode or vice-versa, Chronomon would probably just be Ultimate. Maybe like how Rasenmon does it, with one "good" version and one "evil" that both evolve from the Perfect level.

Also Habu please put Chronomon in another game, he's one of my favorite Digimon and I miss him :c

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The games that have included a Super Ultimate classification lately have been pretty consistent in having them evolve from regular Ultimate level Digimon, so unless they did it so that Holy Mode evolves from Destroy Mode or vice-versa, Chronomon would probably just be Ultimate. Maybe like how Rasenmon does it, with one "good" version and one "evil" that both evolve from the Perfect level.

Also Habu please put Chronomon in another game, he's one of my favorite Digimon and I miss him :c
the cyber sleuth games had Lucemon SM as SU and had him evolve from a perfect, so it´s not out of the question for some of the guys who skip a level like Chronomon.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon is unique piece of digimon though, most unique one out there.

Also you have cases like these...mugendramon to chaosmugendramon, still mega, not sure about the x version, will it be SU?

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Completely forgot about that one :Þ But like Ragnalord said, Lucemon's a special case. I mean, if he can go from Child to Perfect, why wouldn't he also go from Perfect to Super Ultimate?