Who We Are - TripleRach

TripleRach

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm Rachel, otherwise known as TripleRach. I'm a fairly quiet and relatively friendly person, at least when I'm not ranting about bad adaptations or people that don't check their facts.

I've been a fan of nerdy stuff pretty much all my life. Literally. My parents tell stories about me jumping up and down in my crib when Thundercats came on. I also used to watch Voltron and Ninja Turtles. In the 90's, I was really into Batman: TAS and Gargoyles, followed years later by Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon. I also looooove classic animation from the 30's and 40's.

I'm fairly into a few live-action series, too, like Star Trek (especially TNG), Buffy and Angel, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and Super Sentai. I've kind of been getting into Stargate recently, too.

I like to import Japanese manga when I can, but I never really got into American comics, partly because they kind of overwhelm me with their decades of stories, multiple writers and artists, and comparatively lower availability. I have been collecting the new Gargoyles and Buffy comics, though, both of which are continuations of their respective TV series with heavy involvement from their creators.

Other interests include history, linguistics, web design (and potentially programming), playing around with audio and video, networking, general computer hardware junk, video games, and just learning in general.

You may have noticed I didn't mention Digimon in there. Honestly, I've never actually been a fan of it, but I never gave it a chance, either. Ten years ago, I hated it just because I thought it was a Pokemon rip-off, but now I'm mature enough to just not have an opinion of it due to lack of knowledge.

So how did I end up working for a Digimon site? Well, I knew godofchaos, and a few other staff members, through the Dragon Ball fandom, and my interest in playing with video somehow led to me encoding videos for GOC very recently... Thus, here I am.

So far, I've mostly just lurked every now and then, but I do want to try being more active around here, even if it's just on the "other" sections. But who knows, maybe I'll end up as a Digimon fan, too. That cactus thing with the boxing gloves intrigues me...

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahar, another fan of Hercules. I have that whole thing on DVD these days, best investment I ever made. So good, especially Bruce Campbell's appearances.

As for Stargate, I wish you well on becoming a fan. To be perfectly honest, my interest in the show wavered until I saw one episode: Meridian, season 5, episode 21. That secured my dedication to the show for the long haul. Shit, that was a sad episode; I really need to re-watch season 5.

Which reminds me, I wonder if I am the only one who liked Jonas Quinn. lol.

As for your maybe about being a Digimon fan, I wouldn't press the issue. You don't have to be a fan to enjoy the community here; hell, look at me and Socar. I am so out of the loop I make casual fans look dedicated, and Socar isn't a fan at all, but there's something that keeps him here, god knows what, but something.

The "Dragon Ball fandom" strikes again.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dude, who doesn't love Hercules?

i accept you, welcome.

Deviate

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hercules was great until they started moving from mythology to early Christian stuff. Like Hercules fighting the archangel Micheal and Herc's friend getting taken over by some Satan-like demon.