Who isn't affected by the X-Virus?

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I was rewatching the X-evolution movie and question came up. Who isn't affected by The X-Virus?

Obviously the Digimon who have X-counterparts are affected (WarGreymon X, Garudamon X, etc.).

But what about the Digimon who weren't carrying X-Antibodies (Silphymon, Tyrannomon, etc.)?
If they were affected by the virus shouldn't they have already been deleted?
They are in the New World in that movie, correct?

At first I thought that the ones who didn't have the Antibodies were the 2% that survived The Digital Hazard.
Specifically the ones in the beginning (Andromon, Blossomon, Tokomon)
But then they start getting hunted by The Royal Knights too so I'm a little confused.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are probably part of Yggdrasil's 2%, but were hunted for aiding the X-Antibody Digimon.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the Chronicle storyline, the Digimon population multiplied to the extent that, Yggdrasill, the host computer, was unable to maintain it and a Digital Hazard occurred. Yggdrasill then created the "NEW Digital World", consisting of three layers for the past, present, and future—Urd, Versandi, and Skuld, respectively, and then initiated Project Ark and the X Program to delete all Digimon aside from the Digimon Yggdrasil decided to keep, namely the "Saintly Horsemen", called the Royal Knights.
When Project Ark was executed, 98% of the entire population was exterminated but there were unknown survivors. They went to the NEW Digital World and sought out the X Antibody that illegally modified a Digimon’s Digicore and made them immune to the virus. As such, their abilities were demonstrated at such a high level that normal Digimon couldn’t compare to them, their forms changed as a result.
Desperate, Yggdrasil charged the Royal Knights with the task of eliminating the X Antibody Digimon and the other survivors cooperating with them and to carry out Project Ark.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So...you might want to rephrase your question into something like, "Who are the Digimon who weren't affected by the X-Antibody?"

Because the way I read your topic title, I originally thought you were asking what kind of Digimon couldn't/wouldn't be affected. Which I think is an interesting topic. Though to my meager knowledge I think any Digimon can be affected, they just haven't been designed yet.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And likely won't be.

The X-Antibody thing was mad dumb. Some designs were cool, but others...not so much. Guilmon X looked like something you'd find on DeviantArt.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So...you might want to rephrase your question into something like, "Who are the Digimon who weren't affected by the X-Antibody?"

Because the way I read your topic title, I originally thought you were asking what kind of Digimon couldn't/wouldn't be affected. Which I think is an interesting topic. Though to my meager knowledge I think any Digimon can be affected, they just haven't been designed yet.
As did I. I doubt Digimon like Ultimate Chaosmon could be effected by the X Antibody, just a hypothesis on my part but it is unable to store Digicores within its gigantic body due to the strain of fusing the four enormous powers all at once. The X Antibody effects the Digicore, Chaosmon's manifested state itself is very incomplete, resulting in a very short lifespan. The Digimon that survived Project Ark by traveling to the NEW Digital World as I was trying to explain previously before being rebuffed, was a means to extend their lifespans by obtaining it. I doubt a Digimon like Ultimate Chaosmon could properly be modified by this method. Not that it needs to, it was born from the forced separation of Zeed Millenniumon in the Xros Wars manga, it took Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode to defeat it. Aside from X7 SM, the X-Evolved Royal Knights with the three "inForce" abilities, and a few others such as the Wicked God, it is probably one of the strongest known Digimon.

Last edited:

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chaosmon and UltimateKhaosmon have Digicores. They just aren't fully fused as with other Jogreses, that's what makes them unstable. It's like salad dressing: instead of being a perfect solution like alcohol and water, the oil and vinegar tend to separate.

Presumably, anything with a DigiCore could be affected by the X-Virus, and either survive due to forming the X-Antibody, or survive as one of the 2% that naturally survives. Certainly the Royal Knights themselves both survived the affliction and later formed (well, took) the X-Antibody.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How would it affect Digimon like Fanglomon who have a dozen or so Digi-Cores?

Would it spread to the others or...?

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chaosmon and UltimateKhaosmon have Digicores. They just aren't fully fused as with other Jogreses, that's what makes them unstable. It's like salad dressing: instead of being a perfect solution like alcohol and water, the oil and vinegar tend to separate.

Presumably, anything with a DigiCore could be affected by the X-Virus, and either survive due to forming the X-Antibody, or survive as one of the 2% that naturally survives. Certainly the Royal Knights themselves both survived the affliction and later formed (well, took) the X-Antibody.
I never said it didn't have Digicores, I said they couldn't be stored within its body, that is why they appear manifested on its shoulders. The X Antibody again, is stored within a Digimon's Digicore, illegally modifying it and pulling out unknown power, as a result their appearance changes under the influence and their potential is raised to the upmost. The Digimon seeking it as a way to survive Project Ark where mislead into believing only the X Antibody Digimon were targeted for extermination when the Royal Knights under Yggdrasil carried out Project Ark with overwhelming force after the X Virus failed to delete all of them, the unknown survivors. My point was is that I don't believe a Digimon such as this, with such an incomplete state of existence and brief lifespan would be able to X-Evolve. The Royal Knights I believe were to strong to be killed by the effects of the X Virus and were chosen by Yggdrasil in any case. In Chronicle, Omegamon only X-Evovles to further carry out its duty, unable to overcome DORUghoramon, "The Holy Sword Falls to Earth", it then defeats the Dragon Beast with "All Delete", the special sword skill from the Grey Sword. In the film, Alphamon gives Omegamon its X Antibody. As for Huanglongmon, it has twelve external Digicores and eight eyes, it is only speculative as to how it would be effected but from all that we know of the X Antibody itself, it is an internal modification from the official sources we have, able to be uninstalled with the X Eraser but the unknown power was pulled out from within a Digimon's Digicore where all the information is stored, its Genus, Type, everything. I don't personally think these Digimon mentioned could do it, I could be wrong but none of them have to date.

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Actually, yeah that would make it easier. Since there are just the 2% of them. But I do agree that a conversation about who couldn't/wouldn't be affected is very interesting too but wouldn't that have to be a whole new thread?

And likely won't be.

The X-Antibody thing was mad dumb. Some designs were cool, but others...not so much. Guilmon X looked like something you'd find on DeviantArt.
Ha ha I liked the whole X-Antibody premise but I do agree that some designs sucked.
Monochromon's design in my opinion was not cool at all. That horn is way too big.
Others, like Ulforceveedramon, were cool but didn't make sense to me on it's design. Ulforce is suppose to be super fast so as cool as he looks why make him so bulky?

The Royal Knights I believe were to strong to be killed by the effects of the X Virus and were chosen by Yggdrasil in any case.
Your Ultimatekhaosmon theory I agree with. But I always thought, as a super computer, Yggdrasil would design the virus specifically for hand picked species and the 2% were chosen by him. Since to me he seems that he wants to live forever he would choose all The Royal Knights to be immune to it for his protection. So it wouldn't be because they are too powerful but because they are chosen.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DerMond, you seem to be confused. The 2% that survived the mass deletion are the Digimon seeking out the X-Antibody/those who already obtained it.

The new Digital World is populated with normal Digimon that were created for that world. The ones who survived the previous deletion are the ones who aren't supposed to be there.

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

"When the Digital World became so overpopulated, the super computer that governs the Digital World, Yggdrasill, wasn't able to handle it anymore. His solution was to wipe out the vast majority of the Digimon with the X Virus, and choose a very small percentage to be moved to a new Digital World, and destroy the old one. Those who were not chosen but still survived and moved to the new world had a rare gift known as the X-Antibody"

That above paragraph in quotes was taken from the U.S. Digimon wikia article on the X-Antibody.

From that source it sounds like the 2% were the ones chosen by Yggdrasil to be moved to the new Digital World. Wiki articles can be wrong but other places seem to have about the same summary of it.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's possible I placed info in the wrong section, but that, at least, is what happens in X Evolution: you've got survivors, you've got mutants, and you've got Royal Knights.

If the setting for the null canon depicts a different setup, then I missed that and I apologize. Clone, can you point me to the relevant text and I'll translate it correctly this time (after I get my other translation projects done)?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why are we calling it the "X-Virus" when the thing Yggdrasil sent out to eliminate all digimon was the "X-Program"?

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry, I think I was actually wrong there.

What I'm trying to get at though is that, whether or not any non-Royal Knights were purposefully moved to the new world by Yggdrasil, the Digimon with the X-Antibody are the ones who aren't supposed to be there.

It's a mutation that Yggdrasil didn't foresee.

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Sabrblade I always thought The X-Program was the act of installing The X-Virus.

@CloneWarrior
Honestly, I thought it was like this.

1 Yggdrasil hand picked 2% of the population and moved them to the Digital World. This includes The Royal Knights.
In the X-Evolution movie this would be the Andromon, Blossomon, Tokomon, Tyrannomon, and Monochromon you see.
2 Then as the world is dying some Digimon's cores adapt to the virus and gain The X-Antibody. These guys go to The new Digital World illegally.
In the X-Evolution movie this would be Wargreymon X, Metalgarurumon X, and Garudamon X.

That's how I interpreted. Translations could be wrong. I could have interpreted it wrong. But at the moment that's what I think.