Which kids' channel do you think Digimon should migrate to in the West?

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Fox Kids dead in the water and Nickelodeon pretty much having abandoned the franchise (as shown by their negligence towards Fusion), where do you think all future Digimon animes should air in from now on in countries like the United States? Like say an English dub of Digimon Adventure Psi​?

Personally, I would go with Cartoon Network. While they've become notorious for shilling out Teen Titans Go! to no end, their head Christina Miller has recently stepped down so hopefully we will get better management in the future. Not to mention Disney Channel already has both Pokemon and Yo-kai Watch.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A broadcast deal is incredibly unlikely at this point. Cartoon Network is rarely in the business for anime outside of Toonami, and others, as you noted, have not worked out for various reasons. It'll get relegated to Crunchyroll like everything else, unless another streaming service thinks it's worth the scratch.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Netflix is probably the best place.

Kakashi_Hatake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For Australia I would say channel 10, on Toasted TV, wait I mean channel 11...(ugh channel 10 was bought out by American CNN and now its terrible.) I also think Go! or Gem, or even ABC Me. ABC Me shows anime occasionally such as Boruto and Sailor Moon Crystal. But put it on at 7:00 or 7:30, not 9am when the kids are at school! Most kids are at school by 8:20/8:40. Or put it on in the afternoon or evening when kids are at home. If you want to reach an audience, you air it at a popular time... though it is costly...

Netflix and other streaming services are also a good idea, but kids only mostly watch things they're familiar with. If they're watching TV they can't control what's on air so they have to watch what's on.

I would also say it could go on Foxtel, with channels such as Boomerang or Cartoon Network. But Foxtel is a paid service so not everybody has it.

PS: I don't know why ANYBODY hasn't invented a channel purely for anime yet. I'd do it, if I was rich.
Heck, South Africa has an anime channel, why can't Australia? Hmm. Then again someone may have already had the idea but couldn't get it approved... there is Animelab but... Animelab is a streaming service app, not a TV channel...

Last edited:

Vande

I am Justice
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There used to be an Anime Channel in the UK it didn't do very well at all and was pulled.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well even though one is in reruns, Disney XD would be cool if only so they would have all 3 Mon series. But I've been saying that since Yokai Watch still existed in the US. Still waiting on that Appmon dub!

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Netflix, of course. No more random acts of censorship.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well even though one is in reruns, Disney XD would be cool if only so they would have all 3 Mon series. But I've been saying that since Yokai Watch still existed in the US. Still waiting on that Appmon dub!
I'm just suggesting a separate channel so that it wouldn't feel like a sort of monopoly.

Vice

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see it going the digital route, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV, Pluto TV. I don’t know if any of you have heard of this free app called Pluto TV, but it has a few channels dedicated to anime. I can see Digimon going that route too, Tri has been airing subbed on one of Pluto’s anime channels already.

As for just television without streaming, only two channels I can see Digimon airing on are Disney XD and Discovery Family, which is owned by Hasbro.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just suggesting a separate channel so that it wouldn't feel like a sort of monopoly.
Can you have a monopoly for this kind of thing? It's not like Adult Swim has the monopoly of anime or shows that are better when high. Or History has a monopoly on aliens and Hitler. Or TLC have a monopoly on garbage. ...You get the joke but hey, you wanted a TV channel, there's not many choices.

Netflix, of course. No more random acts of censorship.
Netflix goes 4Kids style when they do kids anime. Check out Precure/Glitter Force.
Isn't that the fault of "Good Ol' Saban"?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does Disney still have the rights of Digimon? They had the rights years ago, and not sure if they still do or not.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not Disney. I loath the corporate monstrosity that is modern Disney. Early 2000s Disney on the other hand was great.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they want to reach as many people as possible and target a younger audience the only option is Netflix. Cable is dead.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's dieing. It'll be dead in the next decade. Sad as it is.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But wouldn't all major channels on TV be migrating to whatever streaming services?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The companies that own the networks would do that. Like how Disney owns a few of them and most of the stuff is on either their app or the app for the channel it's self.

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say either Netflix or Hulu, whichever one is less censor-happy when it comes to anime.

Imperial

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's go HBO Max streaming service. With them partnering with Crunchy Roll I can see an outside chance of them picking this up.