Which era you want to be?

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frontier era. The Ancient War specifically.

Definitely an untapped time period in that series.

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Savers. Digisoul would let me evolve Digimon without being a Chosen or even using a Digivice.

OmegaPatamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was going to say the Adventure/02 era, but if Kizuna is considered then maybe I'd rather go with Savers. I'd love being able to carry my digimon in my Digivice iC.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any continuity that'd let me collect and raise up multiple Digimon. I guess I've got a few options there....

-Cyber Sleuth is pretty easy to picture, as it's probably the closest thing to real life. However, just like real life, this would also mean that my interaction with Digimon are strictly limited to what essentially amounts to playing a video game (albeit a fully-immersed VR game), lest someone happens to conduct a scheme which causes a widespread Digital Shift in my area. Converting, evolving, and storing my Digimon also seems like it'd be a pain unless I was lucky enough to wander into Mirei's dimension and received her good graces (though if I joined up with a hacker team, they supposedly have similar, albeit inferior, facilities). Also, one wrong move around an Eater is REALLY gonna ruin my day. But supposing that Digimon evolution chains are limited to whatever's portrayed within a continuity, then I do like the idea of literally every Digimon being interconnected in some way through evolution and de-evolution.

-Digimon World 2 would let me drive around in a pretty sweet tank. However, I'd also be reliant on a Guard Team for evolving my Digimon (and they only make it convenient for raising one particular attribute), as well as my Digi-Beetle's upkeep.

-I haven't played the DS Story games, but from what I know, their settings seem decent enough. To my understanding, I can convert data scanned from encounters, much like Cyber Sleuth, but I get to manage my own farm which comes standard to all Tamers, rather than being reliant on Mirei. I can also evolve my own Digimon at will.

-Digimon World 3, at a glance, seems similar to Cyber Sleuth in that I'm effectively playing a VR game. However, Digimon CAN manifest in the real world here, apparently. I didn't play to completion, so I don't know the full details. What I do know, though, is that adding more Digimon to your party, while possible, is very impractical and pretty much requires me to have the luck of coming across a DRI Agent. I just hope I could evolve my Digimon into whatever the NPC Tamers are using and isn't strictly limited to what's available to the protagonist in that game.

-Xros Wars lets me store a seemingly infinite number of Digimon on my Digivice proxy alone. Downside is that evolution is a very difficult process, leaving me more reliant on DigiXros, and either of those are only a temporary battle power-up. Seems convenient for collecting a wide variety of Digimon as they are, but not so good for raising and evolving your own monsters (I guess unless Super Xros Wars is brought into the mix, but again, haven't played those games). Like, good luck coming across something like a Burst Mode in the wild.

I guess overall, I'm undecided between DS Story, World 2, and Cyber Sleuth. I love me dat Digi-Beetle, but the Guard Teams seem a bit restrictive than what the Story games offer. Rather than relying on a team, I'd love it if I could go solo, though I wonder how far that could get me in any of these continuities (Xros Wars might be the easiest in that regard, though if I'm a skilled enough hacker, I could probably make my own Digi-Farm in Cyber Sleuth, especially if Erika's room is anything to go by).

Last edited:

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xros Wars because having an army is rad

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Chronicles continuity i.e. X evolution movie & X Chronicles. Can't miss out on the chances of partnering Royal Knights (or even Demon lords) and fight alongside with them