Which Digimon series has the best antagonistis?

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me it is Adventure and the video games. Devimon, Digi Keiser, Dark Gennai, Analogman and Eaters for the win!

But you might disagree. Any more opinions?

BeelzebumonBlastMode

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like the antagonists in Savers. Its just cool how the first antagonist, Mercurimon, ends up being kind of a good guy. Then Kurata is pretty cool how obsessed with hating digimon he is. I'm not as much of a fan of the antagonists in the latter arcs but they're still pretty cool.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Leviathan was the best villain in terms of his philosophical motivations, but he was more a thematic force than a personality.
Personality wise, there's some strong competition, but it has to be Etemon.
Best threat; I really liked Murcuremon from Frontier with his labyrinth of illusions. Definitely one of the stronger sections of that Season.
Best human? Kurata's good, but I still prefer Ken and Knight for their more tragic elements.

Best mix... probably Myotismon.
At the end of Season 2, his body is literally comprised of children's despair.
He's a total diva.
Comes closest to conquering all worlds.
And he has a tragic human backstory by association with Owikawa... kinda.

Last edited:

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kurata is the best Digimon villain, bar none.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does Impmon count ?

If so, Beelzebumon by far.
Otherwise, if we're really talking rotten villains to the core, I'd say DarkKnightmon in Xros Wars, despite his pretty anticlimactic ending.
He remains a character with a crazy class.

Special mention to Omegamon in X-Evolution, even if he is not really a villain to speak of either.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though Frontier isn't one of my favorite chapters in Digimon history, I think overall it's villains had allot of character and charm to them.

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though Frontier isn't one of my favorite chapters in Digimon history, I think overall it's villains had allot of character and charm to them.

Always good to see Frontier get some love.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Yeah. Duskmon is cool when you're a kid watching it. And I do like Ranamon. ...Frontier had a few issues with girl characters. But otherwise, Mercurymon the mirror thing was a villain alright.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frontier overall. Cherubimon, Mercuriemon, Duskmon, Arbormon, Lucemon. Even the Royal Knights.

Worst for me would be Savers for reasons I won’t bother to repeat.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
even though I really didn't like the Xros Wars anime, the seven Death Generals are all super memorable and distinct from eachother in design, powers, personality, and what they did. They were handled super well

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
best human villain Kurata,
best fun villain Etemon,
best villain turn good Impmon/Beelzemon,
best big threat and cunning villain Lucemon.

BeelzebumonBlastMode

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
even though I really didn't like the Xros Wars anime, the seven Death Generals are all super memorable and distinct from eachother in design, powers, personality, and what they did. They were handled super well

I think my favourite out of the death generals is Olegmon. I have Gappo Gappo Viva Olegna stuck in my brain.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kurata always seemed 'realistic', as he's a coward at heart. The D-reaper arc is great, as well.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Undecided. I'm just going to respond to some other people's posts.

Does Impmon count ?

If so, Beelzebumon by far.
Otherwise, if we're really talking rotten villains to the core, I'd say DarkKnightmon in Xros Wars, despite his pretty anticlimactic ending.
He remains a character with a crazy class.
I too was really disappointed in his ending. At first, the anime leaves me thinking that he actually got to one-up Baguramon, that other villain whom, when you really think about it, just kinda sat there and did nothing for the whole series leading up to that point. For a brief second, I excitedly thought that Xros Wars's end boss was going to be the always active, constantly escalating villain who actually deserved it....... and then Baguramon just does a complete 180 on DarkKnightmon's winning moment. Oh great, the boring guy who was just sitting on his throne for 50 episodes is the final villain after all. -_-

Special mention to Omegamon in X-Evolution, even if he is not really a villain to speak of either.
I'm not sure if I'd consider him among the best villains, but I definitely consider him to be the best portrayal of Omegamon we've had in the franchise to date. Not some miraculous, deus ex savior, but rather a highly conflicted extremist.

I think my favourite out of the death generals is Olegmon. I have Gappo Gappo Viva Olegna stuck in my brain.
Olegmon was rather interesting because, despite willingly working for Baguramon (and not copping out with being possessed like Apollomon), he does nevertheless have some fairly noble ideals.

best fun villain Etemon
If we're basing villains on that, I'd like to give a shout-out to Jimmy KEN.

I wish I could've found a playthrough that didn't keep cutting off his lines, but if you were to listen all the way through his overly extended "YAHOO!", he starts coughing by the end of it. It's pretty hilarious.