What's up with Capt. Olimar?

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why, the sky of course! How could you not know that? :whoa:

Actually, I'm STILL playing through Pikmin 2 to recover my save file, since I've had so much homework I couldn't play over the weekend. But right now, I'm in the final cave of the game, Dream Den, on Sublevel 14. What's special about that area? The final boss, Titan Dweevil resides there. He's a total monster. I currently have 75 pikmin with me, 25 of red and 50 of yellow. Hopefully if that jerk doesn't zap my reds, I should be fine. Then I'll have successfully recovered my game. Except for Challenge Mode, that is...

In other news, I'm currently trying to decide on a costume for AnimeExpo '08. I have no clue who to go as. Friends tried giving me ideas and they weren't too helpful.

Me: What should I go as?
Eric, James and Steven: Zelda!
Me: No. I'm not wearing a dress. I hate dresses.
Tasha: You could go as Peach!
Me: What part of "no dresses" don't you get?
Tasha: Um, well, how about that one chick that looks like a guy but she's really a chick?
James: Samus.
Me: That would be tricky to pull together.
James: Go as Lucas from Mother 3.
Me: That could work.
Eric: I KNOW! Go as that one guy--
Tasha: The one with the plant things following him?
James: Go as Olimar!
Me: That would be harder than hell to put together.
Steven: Just tape a balloon to your nose and put a fishbowl on your head and throw carrots at people. And whistle all the time.
Me: .......I don't think---
Eric: Go as Pit! Just buy one of the angel costumes from the costume store!
James: Go as Link!
Eric: GO AS KIRBY!
Me: .....you're not helping.

My nephew already has his costume. He's going as Ness from Earthbound/Mother 2. My nephew's actual name is Lucas. Do you know how confusing that will be at the convention? XD

Any ideas would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone reccommend another Nintendo series for me to get into? I already play most of them, but I've beaten most of my games. XD

There, I'm done now. ;D

DD

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, it's good to hear the young enjoying things from the EarthBound/Mother series, I got the SNES game when I was young, loved the series ever since! I was absolutely thrilled when I saw Ness in the original Super Smash Brothers, because I actually knew who he was.

Though she's from a different game you could go as a character from Mother 3 to compliment your nephew's Ness, Kumatora. Her outfit isn't too difficult I don't believe.

As for a new series, do you want something strictly from Nintendo? Or just something on their systems? Because I'm quite partial to Capcom's Ace Attorney games for the DS, takes a concept you think wouldn't be very awesome (being a defense attorney) and made four very awesome games.

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kumatora would be almost perfect! I'll try to make a costume of her. That you for reminding me of her. XD

I was thinking about that series. You can never find them here though. Hopefully the game store guy will have some. My friends want to get into that series too, but there's never any truly good games here. We get the overrated, extremely popular (Mario series, lol) or the craptastic ones. We have nothing but Disney games at Wal-Mart.

DD

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, certain Ace Attorney games can be pretty hard to find. I had to actually order Justice For All online because I simply couldn't find it in any store anywhere. I'd still try places like GameStop though, the first game is pretty easy to find used, at least in my experience. I've seen dozens of used copies for the first game. Trials & Tribulations isn't too difficult to find in my experience as well, saw a lot of copies of that.

Worst case scenario, order em off Amazon or something, they're well worth the price. The hardest to get ones will be Justice For All and Apollo Justice, which is surprising since that one is new.

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's some in a neighboring town for sure, so I'll probably pick up a few there. I know they had Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright.

My nephew just gave me the idea of making a paper mache Mr. Saturn. He says he wants one so he can "throw it at people and say 'Boing!'". And he wants a baseball bat and yo-yo too, but can't those be considered weapons? XD JK

He's lucky since he just needs to find a shirt and he's done. He has everything else. I'm going to have to scratch mine.

DD

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Mr. Saturn of any kind would be pretty cool, can't argue how awesome the little guys are. Those will only be considered true weapons when everyone develops psychic powers and we're forced to fight spacemen from the future, hippies, animated fireplugs and their kin. :p

Well, good luck on the costume then, shouldn't be too hard as Kumatora's outfit is pretty simple as far as I remember.

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, since it's just basic colors. I'll have to sew it probably.

New Age Retro Hippie always scared me a bit. XD Looks a tad creepy.

Well, my nephew just wants a yo-yo and a Mr. Saturn now. He's given up on the bat already. My mom told him no. So now he's thinking up more ideas.

EDIT: Lol, today's update is......

I have beaten the Titan Dweevil in Pikmin 2. None of my pikmin died. It's a good thing too.

I also keep going to Wal-Mart to buy PMD: Explorers of Time. Do they have it? Nope. It should be out already.

I have started work on my nephew's Mr. Saturn. He'll probably be done soon since it's so small.

I am replaying a lot of my old GBA games out of boredom. Included in them is Mother 3, since talking about Kumatora made me want to play it again. No, I can't read Japanese. XD Right now I'm at Chapter 1, right after Duster joins your party. That's it. My eyes are going to burn if I play any more games for the night. XD

And..... that's about it. Today really sucked. Nothing much happened at all.

Oh, and happy belated Earth Day to everyone. [size=1pt](Or to Pikmin fans, Distant Planet Day)[/size]
We barely celebrated it in Science Class today. Hope everyone planted trees. :p XD

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I have not updated in a long time. Uh oh.

Well, since the last update, nothing much happened. I have been continuing to play various GBA and DS games. My poor GCN and Wii are going to collect dust. XD

Mr. Saturn is being tortured by my nephew since he won't stop playing with it. I keep trying to finish him, but some part of him breaks from my nephew pestering it. He does not understand "Don't touch" or something.

Um.... Well, in school, I've actually brought up my dumb B+ in Honors Survey to an A, and everything else has stayed as an A+. Yeah, I know, someone's going to be thinking "Holy crap, turbo geek! You must study the dictionary and the calculator or something!", but I never study for tests. I'm always on here or playing my games, yet my friends who study for long hours only have C's. I don't get it.....

Let's see what else.... we had to do yardwork yesterday and we were cleaning out the gutter and my sister found a mudpuppy (salamander) that was about 6" long. My nephew got really excited and was very eager to keep it and put it with his other pets, his goldfish and frog, but my grandma got mad and said, "That thing is the devil! It's evil! Get rid of it! Kill it, kill it!" My nephew got sad, and he didn't want to kill it, so I told him I could give it to the science teacher at my school. He's still sad about it, but he's glad it didn't get killed.

Speaking of his fish, he got that at his primary carnival at his school on Saturday. You know the "Fishpond" booth that most carnies have? He won it from there. Well, this carnival had another "live prize" booth, where you had to throw seeds into a flowerpot and you'd get a plant. We went over there, and I immediately spotted out a plant that I was dying to have. It was a Bacopa cabana plant (Google it and you'll see why), and it was the only one of its kind on the table. They're harder than hell to find here in the town. I started to shell out the tickets to my nephew and said, "Lucas, go get that plant for me! I've been dying to have one of those! I'll give you money for it, ok?!" He walked over there, and gave the lady there the tickets.

.....let's just say that he does not throw well. He threw for one round, then had to let another kid have a turn. That kid won that dang plant and ran over to his mom and said, "Lookie what I won for you, mommie!!!" I didn't want to be rude and ask to buy it from them, so I let it be. I really wanted it though. XD I'm not too lucky at all.

Anyone else been havin' crummy luck lately? ;D

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well my group members for my sociology paper are being idiots and not doing their work, so I'm stressing out about the paper - that's just my luck. I miss those carnivals. The church down the street used to have one every year around this time, but too many 'non religious' people were going or something so they stopped. :'(

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Carnivals are a blast. My nephew's wasn't fun because none of the older kids could do anything. XD We just had to sit there eating cotton candy and hot dogs.

That same thing happens to me when I'm in a group. I get stuck with the slackers, have to do all of the work, and they get the credit. That is so unfair. XD

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol, another update.

Well, today we went to Taos, NM for the day. Just did some regular shopping and junk. Didn't find anything too interesting. Just a lot of hand-made jewlery and other little knick-knacks.

But I DID find something I wanted at the Wal-Mart there. A Bacopa Cabana plant. Finally! XD I bought it, and it's sitting in my room by the window. Finally Capt. Olimar has some pikmin flowers! XD They're so cute. I've always loved flowers, especially the small ones. This is the third bacopa plant I've had in the past eight years or so. The other two died, sadly.

In the gaming department, I've finally friggin' beaten PMD: Explorers of Time. Dialga was NOT a good matchup for my team. Grass against Steel/Dragon=PHAIL. XD

Right now, my team is the following:

Chikorita Lv 38
Piplup Lv 39
Drifblim Lv 39 (I recruited him at Mt. Mistral)
Riolu Lv 30

Backup:
Kirlia (male) Lv 37
Shinx (female) Lv 29 (don't ask why I haven't evolved her, I dunno why)

I'm currently training these pokemon from mission recruits/eggs:

Salamence Lv 16
Walrein Lv 17
Eevee Lv 8 (lol)

As far as other news, Lucas's fish died, and he didn't care at all. He flushed it himself and didn't cry. He actually seemed happy for it to die. O o;;

I'm also having my friends over on Friday to celebrate my birthday then, since they always go somewhere during the summer. We'll be Brawling all night, so I've been thinking up some good strategies. Only Steven is hard to beat. Eric and James are, as Falco would say, "Piece o' cake". XD James always ends up getting killed by the stages in one way or another.

Zeo_Zakeruga75

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update again...

Ok, the party kinda sucked on Friday. It was the SUX0RS. Everyone was being lazy and/or destructive and nearly broke Lucas's trampoline. Besides that, it was pretty fun, because we were playing Brawl and Wario Ware for a while and I beat everyone pretty bad. Steven beat me twice, but that was when I was using King Dedede/Peach during two "random matches" we had. He got the Smash Ball twice in those matches. XD

As far as presents go, I got the following:

$30 (combined from the gifts)
$50 JC Penney Gift Card (James' mom bought it. She thinks I'm girly. I don't shop there... But I'll still use it anyway. ^ ^)
Flowers (James' mom again lol)
Strawberry Pocky (Tasha got me it. She knows I hate that kind.....)

Then everyone gave me birthday cards. Most of them are pretty cool.

James: A card with little penguins on the front, and on the inside he drew Olimar, the six pikmin variations, a Drifloon, and Kirby. And Galaxia as well. Pretty good, I'd have to say.
Tania: An "Oli-card". It has Olimar (Pikmin 2 image) on the front and says, "Olimar says hi".
Eric: A card with little sprites of Lucas, Claus and Kumatora because "He felt like it, gosh!"
Tasha: One of those musical cards from the store that plays the Twilight Zone theme. MAJOR in-joke from our group. XD
Steven: Another one of those cards, this time with "Mr. Roboto", and Lucas keeps opening it.....

So the party went pretty well. I'm happy with all of the presents I got. With the money, I'm going to try to buy a computer program at Frank's Game Shop. Lol Flash Animator ftw.

-------

And now on to bad news:

Since AnimeExpo '08 is in LA this time instead of Anaheim, I can't go to the convention because "It's too out of the way". So no convention for me this year. My costume was near completion, and we had just found a hat that Lucas could wear. Now we can't go. Things like this tick me off a lot, y'know? But one of my friends from Washington is going, so perhaps she can tell me how things went.

On to good news again:

Um, lesse... I've beaten the entire storyline of PMD:EoT finally. So now I'm going to be going recruit crazy to get my dream team done:

Drifblim
Lucario
Latias
Roserade

Gotten all but Latias so far. Lol, my Roserade is a guy. I feel bad for him. He's so girly. =P

Also, I probably won't be online too much since I have a crap-load of tests comming up. So I have to study a lot. Yay.... < <