What's new in Hacker's Memory

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen some sort of confusion on this issue lately, so now that Hacker's Memory is out I tried to make a comprehensive compilation of all the new additions that this game brings to the table compared to Cyber Sleuth:
1- First and foremost, Hacker's Memory is a midquel, that is, a brand-new side story with new characters that takes place at the same time and universe than Cyber Sleuth.
2- 18 new Chapters, including sub-quests (70), key quests (30) and free quests (40). Farm quests are not included this time.
3- Amost 100 new Digimon (including a brand-new one for the game,
Hudiemon
, and some others that had never appeared in a console game, such as Alphamon: Ouryuken, Arkadimon Baby~Super Ultimate, Chaosmon: Valdur Arm, MagnaGarurumon Detached, PileVolcamon, the Sistermon and their Awakened modes, Ryudamon's evo line, etc.).
4- More than 30 new locations, as well as the classical ones expanded, with new Digimon and dungeon gimmicks, so 90 maps in total.
5- 16 new music themes, as well as some remastered tunes from the original.
6- Memory. Memory is a kind of documentation that can be watched to learn more about some character background. There are a total of 36 memory.
7- Domination Battles. There are 2 type domination battle, the score type or the defeat xxx team type.
8- Broken Navit NPC. Broken Navit is another NPC like Victory Uchida that can be found in eden dungeon. This NPC will give item such as consumable, memory, or medal if repaired. To repair it you need to use hacking skill/field skill "Restoration" (you need to bring vaccine Digimon above Champion level).
9- Some other new features: there's a new hacking skill called "Acceleration" that allows you to move faster around the field; a black-market of Digimon; real battles against the Security Walls themselves in many different areas; soft reset feature; when touching now the screen in the Field Guide the Digimon may do some extra animations.
10- Rebalanced Gameplay.
11- Enhanced Graphics and 3D models.
12- 200 new Digimedals, so 700 in total.
13- Online coloseum. A highly improved online PvP with three new modes, including themed tournaments each two weeks. There are 3 match type: ranked battles, event battles, and free battles, where you can creat a room for 8 player and can fought freely.
14- Customization of characters and Digimon with clothes and accesories.
15- New enemies with three new species of Eaters
(Bits, Legion and EDEN)
16- Customization on soundtracks with anime songs (Japanese Limited Edition version only)

If I have skipped/missed something, please let me know. Hope it may help. Have fun guys!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good post. The people thinking it's like Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Ultra Sun is unreal. I think they should've just called it Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory as the name is already long and it seems to be causing confusion

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great post! What's the black market of digimon? I suppose a location where you can buy mons instead of having to scan and hatch them?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great post! What's the black market of digimon? I suppose a location where you can buy mons instead of having to scan and hatch them?
Yeah. So far it' has all the Baby Digimon

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bear in mind that almost all of those changes were also applied to the japanese PS4 version of the original Cyber Sleuth (which makes really sad that they didn't included that on the localized version).
Yeah but they only got the original game as a bonus from getting HM. If they included all the stuff from the next game in the old one... why would anyone get the new one, when you can just DL the patch for the PS4 version that exists for us, when it didnt for them?

They only had the PSV version until December 2017.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's worth stating that you're missing out on A LOT if you play Hackers Memory without playing Cyber Sleuth. It's really like Cyber Sleuth part 2. Or Cyber Sleuth: Keisuke's campaign.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's worth stating that you're missing out on A LOT if you play Hackers Memory without playing Cyber Sleuth. It's really like Cyber Sleuth part 2. Or Cyber Sleuth: Keisuke's campaign.
Yeah, so far it's seems to assume you know who the old characters are. Like when Arata randomly shows up.

Also, in the first quest when the occult club talk to Keisuke. They were clearly doing one of their attempts to summon the ghost girl but you wouldn't know that unless you played the first. I don't think people should play this before the first.

Plus seeing backstory for the first bad guy (Mephisto) was cool. Plus I was already laughing knowing Keisuke was about to get cockblocked by Aiba after he put all the work in to find Mpehisto only for him to get there a few minutes too late and now some random ginger has stolen the spot light

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far only know shoutmon and omnishoutmon are in game any other xross wars/fusion mons in the game

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japanese version only: customization on soundtracks with anime songs

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far only know shoutmon and omnishoutmon are in game any other xross wars/fusion mons in the game
No. Despite using Gumdramon and Arresterdramon in NO, they chose to only reuse Shoutmon

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agunimon Model looks ew on vita :(, and thanks for all info, some was unknow for me.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. Despite using Gumdramon and Arresterdramon in NO, they chose to only reuse Shoutmon
Damn and thought they use cutemon as pink ninja bunny could of been her next stage

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Newbie here. Can I play this without having played Cyber Sleuth? And are they notable differences between the PS4 and Vita versions?

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Newbie here. Can I play this without having played Cyber Sleuth? And are they notable differences between the PS4 and Vita versions?
Not big differences, just upscale for bigger screens on PS4, and about playing first game, not you dont need but if you do you will get extra bonuses if you start a new game with the save data from first game.

So anyone know if bandai finally will bring the ALphamon and Gallantmon DLC for US store?

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Newbie here. Can I play this without having played Cyber Sleuth?
You'll be able to understand the core story fine, but there are some passing overlaps, cameos, and even a couple of significant plot details that might seem odd without the context of the previous game. I'd recommend playing the first game before this, or at least browsing a wiki or YouTube for a plot summary.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't. A lot of the game wont make sense if you skip the first one.

Also, your field guide and medals carry over and you get rare items (most importantly an item to double EXP in all fights) if you have a completed save file of the first one on your system

Hmm, you stated that MagnaGarurumon SV and Tyrant have never been in a game before - but Tyrant was in All Star Rumble. As for SV, like Hudiemon he's actually new as well for this game.

Farm quests ARE included, btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh that's true!! I always forget about All-Star Rumble. MagnaGarurumon Detached (what does SV stand for?) is not exactly new since he has already appeared in the anime.

By the way, wasn't it stated that this time around we won't have any new Farm Quests? Or the ones included are the original ones from Cyber Sleuth?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's new ones. Mirei has 30 different evil hackers to beat up saying there's 60 in total and that someone else has the other half.

There's a few more item finding but not many it seems and they Don't seem to repeat. I had Monodramon, Strikedtamon and Chuumon then none since then

Then there's like 30 dominion ones (they repeat like them item one with from the first game)

So theeres around 65 farm quest. They're probably included in their "free/sub" cuz there's tabs for main, side, sub and farm so they're probably sub+farm

SV means Starlight Velocity. And was it in the anime? It's Magna with Lightsabers and no gun

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SV means Starlight Velocity. And was it in the anime? It's Magna with Lightsabers and no gun
MagnaGarurumon was pretty much out of his armor by the end of almost every episode it appeared in. It was just never counted as a separate form, "Starlight Velocity" just being the name of his one special attack that only works without the armor.

Last edited: