what's happening cosmicrow

cosmicrow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nothing. Nothing is happening. I just wanted to be a little more active, so, I made a what's happening thread.

I'm at work? I suppose that counts as something. What's happening with you today?

HotMagnus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have work in like 2 hours. What you do for a living? I'm working temp at a register. There is possibly a job waiting for me in the fall. Which would be GREAT.

cosmicrow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I work for a web and software development company. I'm also a hair stylist (I do that out of my home during my down time).

HotMagnus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool, I have a masters in social work, but I have no motivation to help anyone anymore. Retail destroyed my faith in humanity.

cosmicrow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw... that's sad to hear. But it's definitely a demanding field that takes a lot of commitment emotionally (among other things). I don't blame anyone for not being able to spend a prolonged amount of time in the field. Just like nursing.

Dealing with shitty people was the main reason I got out of hair after almost ten years as well. A lot of people can be very selfish and have no regard for anyone offering a service to them. Honestly, in my new job, clients are very much the same, but I get to interact with them in a different way which leaves better room for venting during interactions. When I'm emailing a client for my current job it's easier. Compared to when I was doing hair and had to grin and bear any insults or argument that was tossed my way. Hairstyling was a thankless job and I'm glad that I can do it for family and friends at home now instead of for selfish strangers.

HotMagnus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw... that's sad to hear. But it's definitely a demanding field that takes a lot of commitment emotionally (among other things). I don't blame anyone for not being able to spend a prolonged amount of time in the field. Just like nursing.

Dealing with shitty people was the main reason I got out of hair after almost ten years as well. A lot of people can be very selfish and have no regard for anyone offering a service to them. Honestly, in my new job, clients are very much the same, but I get to interact with them in a different way which leaves better room for venting during interactions. When I'm emailing a client for my current job it's easier. Compared to when I was doing hair and had to grin and bear any insults or argument that was tossed my way. Hairstyling was a thankless job and I'm glad that I can do it for family and friends at home now instead of for selfish strangers.
I was thinking about getting into dog grooming. Rethinking it now as I can imagine the people complaining I cut their dog's hair now wrong lol or how upset fido is he had to stand for 20 minutes while I cut it.