What would you like to see in Digimon Adventure: (2020)?

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see them actually use strategy in battle like Taichi in V-Tamer instead of overwhelming enemies with brute force special attacks or power of friendship. I feel this would be a marked departure from previous entries. Something in me just likes seeing the heroes use their brains to defeat opponents.
they actually did do a good bit of that earlier on in adventure, though it was mostly just simple stuff like tai opting to use his soccer skills to kick agumon onto frigimon's back to burn off the dark gear & sora & biyomon secretly helping the rest while in self imposed seclusion which severely subverted demidevimon schemes

ChrisPerry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love to see how the story progress with new episodes. Bonding betweeen DigiDestined and their Digimon partner was something that we loved in the first place.
Also, I believe that some easter eggs would be good.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see them actually use strategy in battle like Taichi in V-Tamer instead of overwhelming enemies with brute force special attacks or power of friendship. I feel this would be a marked departure from previous entries. Something in me just likes seeing the heroes use their brains to defeat opponents.
they actually did do a good bit of that earlier on in adventure, though it was mostly just simple stuff like tai opting to use his soccer skills to kick agumon onto frigimon's back to burn off the dark gear & sora & biyomon secretly helping the rest while in self imposed seclusion which severely subverted demidevimon schemes
For sure, there was a bit of that in Adventure though what I'm really looking for is more of the combat tactics we saw in V-Tamer that would be used to beat strong enemies.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello there !

There is a lot of things I want to see in this new cartoon:

-More Digidestined* in the Digital World and not only the eight main characters (the other groups could help to solve problems)
-The ultimate evolutions of that new groups could be the Royal Knights, the Holy Beasts, etc (of course, with changes because Omegamon can't be a RK due to he is with the main group)
-Each group could use different ways to evolution (armors, DNA, matrix, spirit, etc) and teach them to the main group
-More info about past Digidestined and old problems in the Digital World
-Villains Digidestined doing bad things chosen by a dark entity (Yggdrasil for example and the ultimate evolutions of their digimons could be the Demon Lords)
-All characters of the main group and their digimons would be developed and not only Taichi and Yamato
-Obviously, new digimons (good and bad)

*Could be characters from the games, mangas, others Digimon shows, etc

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What i would like 2 see in Digimon Adventure 2020 is kind of a Dark counterpart group to the main one i liked the idea that Savers did including others and would like to see it used again.

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like I had said before, the DigiDestined need to put more skin in the game. Whether it be by Spirit Evolution, Biomerging, using DigiSoul to Digivolve, etc.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not long now we will soon see how much things we wanted made it into the reboot. I'm also wanting it to include guilmon somehow.

Actar

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Throwing in my two cents, I'd like them to give a diagetic reason for this reboot to exist. Like a Digimon causing a split multiverse or something. That's the only way I think I'll be able to reconcile two versions of Taichi running around. (^.^')

DragonXero

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Throwing in my two cents, I'd like them to give a diagetic reason for this reboot to exist. Like a Digimon causing a split multiverse or something. That's the only way I think I'll be able to reconcile two versions of Taichi running around. (^.^')
This is the third Taichi technically there is the one from Adventure and V-tamer

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the third Taichi technically there is the one from Adventure and V-tamer
Anf fourth if we will consider Taichi from the Young Hunters a separate Taichi from others.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- I wanna see My Boy Ryo
- Also Meiko because I love her and seeing her haters get mad is funny
- New evolutions would be cool
- Taichi and Yamato aren't the only ones who end up mattering/Agumon and Gabumon aren't the only ones who end up reaching Ultimate level
- NO Royal Knights I am SICK of them
- I super don't care about the only-exists-in-fans-heads "love triangle" between Taichi, Sora, and Yamato, and I really hope the new show doesn't do anything to fan those flames
- If it gets an English dub, I really hope it doesn't do like the original dub and add a bunch of unnecessary (and usually not even that funny) jokes, especially into otherwise serious scenes. It's already a children's cartoon, it already has comedic moments, and kids aren't so stupid that they can't handle quiet or serious moments. Just, respect kids' intelligence, please. Also no Digi-Rap, I hate that crap.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anf fourth if we will consider Taichi from the Young Hunters a separate Taichi from others.
6th if we add in Digimon Masters & Re: Digitize games, 7th if we also count Re: Digitize Decode as another separate timeline

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
6th if we add in Digimon Masters & Re: Digitize games, 7th if we also count Re: Digitize Decode as another separate timeline
8th if we include Taichi in Adventure novel (which events develop different than the anime).

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure PSP is an alt timeline cuz of Ophanimon.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like a little more spotlight on this vast roster of Digimon we've accumulated. I feel like the marketing focus on the core eight Adventure partners doesn't allow for that. Allomon and Stegomon showing up in the OP were nice.(Snimon and Golemon are little less obscure, but cool seeing them too)

Nobody likes Pokémon comparisons but that franchise has smartly set it up where its mascot, Pikachu, can seamlessly fit in with each new generation's "starter" monsters and any other cute additions. Digimon is a whole different beast, most notably in the sense that Ultimates are typically the focus if new Digimon are introduced. So I guess, officially, I'd love to see any Digimon created after 2006 show up.

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An epilogue that makes fans, the kid audience happy. I was really traumatised as a kid- perhaps I still am. Lmao.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Should we use this thread for theories on what we think might happen or should that be its own topic?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like a little more spotlight on this vast roster of Digimon we've accumulated. I feel like the marketing focus on the core eight Adventure partners doesn't allow for that. Allomon and Stegomon showing up in the OP were nice.(Snimon and Golemon are little less obscure, but cool seeing them too)

Nobody likes Pokémon comparisons but that franchise has smartly set it up where its mascot, Pikachu, can seamlessly fit in with each new generation's "starter" monsters and any other cute additions. Digimon is a whole different beast, most notably in the sense that Ultimates are typically the focus if new Digimon are introduced. So I guess, officially, I'd love to see any Digimon created after 2006 show up.
Well Argomon already covers 2006+ Digimon.

also Snimon is pretty niche tbh. Outside of a background appearence in Tri its last proper appearance was as a mook n Adventure PSP, which is also anime related. Actually when you look at Snimon's usage in the franchise, the anime is basically its most relevant appearences weridly enough. Doesn't have much going for it video game wise.

And this is actually Stegomon's first proper appearance outside of the card game/one vpet. (not counting BioStegomon as that's a alternate form)

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't expect Armor digimons got to appear in this although I have to admit, it's kinda awkward to know their previous evos: 02 Digimon partners with Digieggs. But I want to see some of my favorite armors. Also it's great chance to introduce Armor ones of Miracle and Kindess if possible besides Frontier for fight actions. The other thing, I will miss Digital evolution transformations.

I hope to see some certain ones outside of Armor. I will be sure to keep watch for hidden easter eggs to keep entertained.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't expect Armor digimons got to appear in this although I have to admit, it's kinda awkward to know their previous evos: 02 Digimon partners with Digieggs. But I want to see some of my favorite armors. Also it's great chance to introduce Armor ones of Miracle and Kindess if possible besides Frontier for fight actions. The other thing, I will miss Digital evolution transformations.

I hope to see some certain ones outside of Armor. I will be sure to keep watch for hidden easter eggs to keep entertained.
Armor Digimon running around is an interesting point since that's the "02 thing". I feel like that's a hint that either 02 wont happen, or I guess these armors are Champions now for the purposes of this season.

or they wont show up and exist only in the opening. would be a tad weird. They did that with Alphamon in Savers, tho