What would you like to see in Digimon Adventure: (2020)?

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...OK, crazy thought, but... Evil copies. We have evil copies of the kids where they have the reverse of their crests.And have things like Tyrannomon and Kuwagamon lines instead of Agumon and Tentomon. Not going to happen but hey, it's an idea
If Nega-Takeru has a mustache, I'm all in on this idea. (Only mostly kidding)

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...OK, crazy thought, but... Evil copies. We have evil copies of the kids where they have the reverse of their crests.And have things like Tyrannomon and Kuwagamon lines instead of Agumon and Tentomon. Not going to happen but hey, it's an idea
we can actually do that using classic enemies
Dark Tai: BlackAgumon→Tyranomon→MetalTyranomon→Machindramon
Dark Matt: Gazimon→Devidramon→Methistomon→Daemon
Dark Sora: Penguinmon→Airdramon→Parrotmon→Eaglemon
Dark Mimi: Mushroomon→Woodmon→Cherrymon→Puppetmon
Dark Izzy: Kokuwamon→Kuwagamon→Okuwamon→GranKuwagamon
Dark cup o' Joe: Betamon→Seadramon→MegaSeadramon→MetalSeadramon
Dark TK: DemiDevimon→Devimon→Myotismon→VenomMyotismon or MaloMyotismon
Dark Kari: Salamon(without the Holy Ring)→BlackGatomon→LadyDevimon→Lilithmon

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru is pretty special (along with Hikari and their angels), thereofore having him VenomMyotismon and then MaloMyotismon shouldn't really be strange.

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not really sure what I'd want... If it was a new series completely, maybe I'd have better ideas I'd like to see them explore, but bringing back the Adventure cast threw me off my rhythm a bit when I saw the announcements.

Hmm. In my opinion, Digimon Adventure's strong point is in its writing, character development and touching on pretty real issues with the kids lives. I would generally like them to keep that kind of stuff around, even if they change some of the childrens personal issues to keep things fresh.
Though, the original series didn't give much development to the Digimon themselves, which isn't entirely necessary, but I would kind of like to see the new series give their Digimon more of their own personality, issues, goals and motivations, so we can really see the kids and their Digimon bounce off of eachother more and grow together!

...Aside from that uhh... I at least hope for a fresh enough plot that remains exciting with decent stakes.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I'm glad people liked the idea I threw out as a joke. And of course the boys would have goatees. That's how you can tell they're evil.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
we can actually do that using classic enemies
Dark Tai: BlackAgumon→Tyranomon→MetalTyranomon→Machindramon
Dark Matt: Gazimon→Devidramon→Methistomon→Daemon
Dark Sora: Penguinmon→Airdramon→Parrotmon→Eaglemon
Dark Mimi: Mushroomon→Woodmon→Cherrymon→Puppetmon
Dark Izzy: Kokuwamon→Kuwagamon→Okuwamon→GranKuwagamon
Dark cup o' Joe: Betamon→Seadramon→MegaSeadramon→MetalSeadramon
Dark TK: DemiDevimon→Devimon→Myotismon→VenomMyotismon or MaloMyotismon
Dark Kari: Salamon(without the Holy Ring)→BlackGatomon→LadyDevimon→Lilithmon
I think for Dark TK, it is more of Tsukaimon then DemiDevimon. Tsukaimon is the polar opposite of Patamon. DemiDevimon had a beef of all the tamers, and not just TK. The rest of the line can stay the same though.

Also, Matt might have Black Gabumon instead of Gazimon. Same with Tsukaimon, Black Gabumon is the polar opposite of Gabumon. The dark line, goes all the up to Black MetalGarurumon.

With Joe, I think more of Modoki Betamon, which could evolve into Gesomon and then MarineDevimon and Leviamon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see them actually use strategy in battle like Taichi in V-Tamer instead of overwhelming enemies with brute force special attacks or power of friendship. I feel this would be a marked departure from previous entries. Something in me just likes seeing the heroes use their brains to defeat opponents.

Also hoping we get to see some consistency in the lore established, whether it's an entirely different Digital World or the one alluded to in the null canon. Some clarification would be really nice.

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see them actually use strategy in battle like Taichi in V-Tamer instead of overwhelming enemies with brute force special attacks or power of friendship. I feel this would be a marked departure from previous entries. Something in me just likes seeing the heroes use their brains to defeat opponents.
Same here as it is my problem with digital monsters currently

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's completely new journey instead of remake/remaster HD with new enemies to keep us interested to watch so freshly.

But I hope Adventure battles will be the same but just newer fresh! With a bit more danger! Wild Digimon ones are such fun to interact!

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... balanced character development and spotlight for each of the kids - if Omegamon shows up but we don't get Megas for anyone not Agumon/Gabumon then I would be royally peeved. Proper threat and consequences for battling, especially if any battles occur in the Human World. Also don't be afraid to tackle tough subjects like death and whatnot, just because the main characters are children again.

Cameos for the 02 kids would be cool but not necessary.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Vamdemon for once being an ally of the Chosen Children and their partner Digimon.

I mean... Remember the Vamdemon who resides in Grey Lord mansion from the very first Digimon World game for PSOne?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Vamdemon for once being an ally of the Chosen Children and their partner Digimon.

I mean... Remember the Vamdemon who resides in Grey Lord mansion from the very first Digimon World game for PSOne?
Wouldn't it be better to have Vandemon to be Oikawa's partner?

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to see more Odaiba and the kids' family. One of the things I loved about Adventure was to find out that these characters that we got to know in the Digital World, had divorced parents, strict moms, were adopted, etc...
I'm not hoping for the same exact relationships between the kids and their parents, but I wouldn't mind seeing Yamato and Takeru's parents still together and announcing their divorce, or Jou's parents learning about his adventures and forbidding him to take part in them.

In general, more family drama!

Tranqodile

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Explosive full well animated fight scenes! Characters having a full character arc! Emotion! That's what I want.

Last edited:

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see more air time for leomon and wizardmon I hope they don't kill them off to quick.