What would you like to see in Digimon Adventure: (2020)?

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something I want to see happen is all Perfect-level Digimon keeping the same family name. What I mean is that it always bothered me Greymon, Garurumon, Kabuterimon, and Angemon got to keep their names in the Perfect-level, and in the Ultimate-level (though Angemon doesn't, there are 2 Ultimate-level Angemons.). It made the others feel less special they didn't have a species named after them.

Basically, what I want to see is Birdramon, Togemon, Ikkakumon, and Tailmon to keep their names in their next levels. This will obviously require new Perfect-levels for them, which I know is unlikely, but I think it'd be cool to separate them from their 1999 counterparts.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The heroes visit a Leomon village with every type of Leomon in there, and then the baddie blows it up and they all die.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The heroes visit a Leomon village with every type of Leomon in there, and then the baddie blows it up and they all die.
You are a menace, all those poor leomons

I feel like royal knights in this are going to appear like legendary pokemon do in pokemon series, for e.g. algomon transforms to mega stage, digidestined have hard time defeating it, a random royal knight appears and saves the day, then disappears.

Leoil01

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You are a menace, all those poor leomons

I feel like royal knights in this are going to appear like legendary pokemon do in pokemon series, for e.g. algomon transforms to mega stage, digidestined have hard time defeating it, a random royal knight appears and saves the day, then disappears.
I also think that what if the royal knight omegamon pulls a wizardmon and the sorrow make tai and mat form their omegamon

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah once born in the network world and ended up being programmed with "Heroic Lion's Sacrifice" quote or something like that, there is nothing they can do to rid of this, also worse, they are still made fun of Leomon's deaths as funny memes accidentally update Leomon species's "version update patch" just because they typed into the internet to corner them to dead death ends! They were destined to fulfill their purposes and honored it... The internet is "absolute"!

Something I want to see happen is all Perfect-level Digimon keeping the same family name. What I mean is that it always bothered me Greymon, Garurumon, Kabuterimon, and Angemon got to keep their names in the Perfect-level, and in the Ultimate-level (though Angemon doesn't, there are 2 Ultimate-level Angemons.). It made the others feel less special they didn't have a species named after them.

Basically, what I want to see is Birdramon, Togemon, Ikkakumon, and Tailmon to keep their names in their next levels. This will obviously require new Perfect-levels for them, which I know is unlikely, but I think it'd be cool to separate them from their 1999 counterparts.
BanchoLilimon happened. So it's possible. However I don't think they can have new Perfect species of Birdramon, Ikkakumon and Tailmon to keep their names. Bird(dramon)'s name is troublesome because there are so many things can add into Dramon digimons like Airdramon, Seadramon, etc... And Tailmon's evo line is still pretty unique... For evolving into randoms like a cat to a dog. And Ikkakumon, the most of his evo's profiles clearly connect them all to this: Vikemon being the leader of this corp, Zudomon and Ikkakumon in it so I can't imagine there will be new species of Zudomon and Ikkakumon... Angemon case is a bit strange but still it's possible to evolve into them although Seraphimon's origin name is the most famous so I don't know if they will top over him with Next level Ultimate Angemon or new Jogress.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to see Pinochimon retconned from controlling the Wind Guardians army to the Jungle Troopers army. Also, I'd like to see a dark master for each one of the ten fields. Apocallymon could be the one for the Dark Area and Metaletemon the one for the Nature Spirits.

digikeith

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if someone’s already said this, but I’d like to see the 02 gang included, and I’d like to see their digimon all digivolve to megas... Wishful thinking, I know... I’d also love to see more digimon digivolving outside of the digidestined ones, just like random digimon around the Digiworld, that’d be cool...

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something else I would love to see would be evil Chosen Children, sorta like Psycho Rangers. I know it's cliche, but evil versions of the main characters have only been done for Digimon in Savers. Their partners could be the counterparts from the V-pets of all the main partner Digimon: Betamon for Agumon, Elecmon for Gabumon, Mushmon for Palmon, Otamon for Tentomon, Floramon for Piyomon, Shakomon for Gomamon, Kunemon for Patamon, and Evilmon for Tailmon. They could also have inversions of the crests (cowardice for courage, loneliness for friendship, etc...)

Who knows, maybe the Adventure: universe is where evil Gennai has been hiding, and this is what he was doing during Last Evolution.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah once born in the network world and ended up being programmed with "Heroic Lion's Sacrifice" quote or something like that, there is nothing they can do to rid of this, also worse, they are still made fun of Leomon's deaths as funny memes accidentally update Leomon species's "version update patch" just because they typed into the internet to corner them to dead death ends! They were destined to fulfill their purposes and honored it... The internet is "absolute"!

BanchoLilimon happened. So it's possible. However I don't think they can have new Perfect species of Birdramon, Ikkakumon and Tailmon to keep their names. Bird(dramon)'s name is troublesome because there are so many things can add into Dramon digimons like Airdramon, Seadramon, etc... And Tailmon's evo line is still pretty unique... For evolving into randoms like a cat to a dog. And Ikkakumon, the most of his evo's profiles clearly connect them all to this: Vikemon being the leader of this corp, Zudomon and Ikkakumon in it so I can't imagine there will be new species of Zudomon and Ikkakumon... Angemon case is a bit strange but still it's possible to evolve into them although Seraphimon's origin name is the most famous so I don't know if they will top over him with Next level Ultimate Angemon or new Jogress.
They could just add another world to keep them, for example: Neo, Ancient, Metal, etc. (for example: Ancient Birdramon). In terms of designs they could just create variants of these species. That being said, personally this isn't what I'm expecting from the series, I'm just explaining how it could be done. I wouldn't mind if that happens as long as it's done properly, same if they do other side evolutions that don't keep the name (Seadramon, Tyranomon, etc).

I'm happy as long as they develop the digi destined correctly as well as their bonds with their digimon and the other kids. I also want a better story with less plot holes. I wouldn't mind if they introduce a new digi destined with a virus digimon though. Personally while I don't dislike Meiko or Meicoomon I don't need her present in this series. The action has been done properly so far, all I need to see is how they develop the characters and story.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another thing I would like to see is more digimon receiving the algomon treatment. In particular, I'd like to see lucemon and gizmon getting a complete evolution line.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something else I would love to see would be evil Chosen Children, sorta like Psycho Rangers. I know it's cliche, but evil versions of the main characters have only been done for Digimon in Savers. Their partners could be the counterparts from the V-pets of all the main partner Digimon: Betamon for Agumon, Elecmon for Gabumon, Mushmon for Palmon, Otamon for Tentomon, Floramon for Piyomon, Shakomon for Gomamon, Kunemon for Patamon, and Evilmon for Tailmon. They could also have inversions of the crests (cowardice for courage, loneliness for friendship, etc...)

Who knows, maybe the Adventure: universe is where evil Gennai has been hiding, and this is what he was doing during Last Evolution.
They've touched upon the concept of dark counterparts to the protagonists in other media before Savers:
  • 02 had Ken as the Digimon Kaiser and arguably Oikawa too though he wasn't technically a "Chosen" at the time.
  • Frontier had the evil Warriors (the 3 Digimon that Cherubimon picked plus Kouichi).
  • Even V-Tamer had Neo and the Alias III.
  • IIRC evil Tamers have been present throughout the history of the franchise in the games too.
  • Post-Savers but Maki in tri. was a 'fallen' Chosen of sorts.
Nonetheless I agree that it'd be nice to see it explored more. After all, Digimon has always been driven by its human characters, and inevitably there will be conflict between them at some point.

rynldkrt

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of the things I'd like to see are pretty similar to what others have:

1. New megas for the Digidestined would be great and totally freshen everything
2. At least have Ophanimon as Tailmon's mega this time around if we don't get new evolutions
3. More minor Digidestined (kind of like Digimon 02's worldwide tour arc) with their partners having canon and extensive digivolution lines (more than just from Rookie to Champion) occassionally helping the main Digidestined
4. Evil or Rival Digidestined team with their partners having complete evolution lines
5. Less focus on just Taichi and Yamato and more on everyone else
6. Good animation quality, unlike Tri
7. Epic evolution sequences
8: Sequel with 02 Cast + main cast in supporting roles, basically Digimon Adventure 02:
9: Things that could've or should've happened in Tri? (Meicoomon/Meiko cameo with Rasielmon, Ophanimon Falldown Mode vs Digidestined fight instead of jogress-ing into the ugliest female Digimon ever created)

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They've touched upon the concept of dark counterparts to the protagonists in other media before Savers:
  • 02 had Ken as the Digimon Kaiser and arguably Oikawa too though he wasn't technically a "Chosen" at the time.
  • Frontier had the evil Warriors (the 3 Digimon that Cherubimon picked plus Kouichi).
  • Even V-Tamer had Neo and the Alias III.
  • IIRC evil Tamers have been present throughout the history of the franchise in the games too.
  • Post-Savers but Maki in tri. was a 'fallen' Chosen of sorts.
Nonetheless I agree that it'd be nice to see it explored more. After all, Digimon has always been driven by its human characters, and inevitably there will be conflict between them at some point.
adding a bit onto the game part, xeed:millenniummon created evil clones of tai, davis & takato and gave each of them 3 VR digimon. (VR digimon being clones with the only difference being them & the real thing being the VR mons having red eyes)
dark tai got omegamon, apocalymon & wargreymon
dark davis got imperialdramon pm, venommyotismon, blackwaygreymon
dark takato got dukemon, sakuyamon & megagargomon with dukemon becoming dukemon cm once those 3 are defeated.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, let's see:
  • Some mention of Homeostasis. I like the idea of it and how the Chosen Children would react to the being that chose them. No Yggdrasil, though. Don't need two godlike beings in the same show.
  • A single continuous storyline, rather than 4 separate ones with don't connect except for the protagonists like in the original. This one already seems like it'll be the case, given all the attention to backstory and the big ominous dark egg that spits evil babies.
  • If there's evolution sequences (as seems to be the case), for later evolutions to Perfect/Ultimate to obviate having to go to Adult/Perfect first. Savers did it, Appli Monsters did it, no idea why Tri didn't do it.
  • For the digimon to be their own characters and not just accessories of each child. I don't expect this one, given the size of the cast, but Greymon and Garurumon's short interaction in ep 2 gives me hope there'll be at least some characterization for them.
  • Some good demon-type digimon and some evil angel-type digimon. Preferably not in the form of Lucemon, though.
  • A short, blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to the V-Tamer crossover.
  • For the new Pendulum Z digimon to be included in some capacity, even if only as cameos.
  • Last, and most importantly, for Taichi to use his goggles at some point.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, let's see:
  • Some mention of Homeostasis. I like the idea of it and how the Chosen Children would react to the being that chose them. No Yggdrasil, though. Don't need two godlike beings in the same show.
It hardly matters, none of these "godlike beings" created the Digital World to begin with and people where summoning digimon with magic long before they where digimon, let alone Yggdrasil or Homeostasis
ABC was the first Host Computer and Admin of the Digital World, but it didn't create the Digital World; just reshaped it. ENIAC later took over as the Admin with ABC acting as a backup & support system for it. ENIAC further reshaped it & also laid down the foundations for all of the Digital Worlds across the multiverse. The multiverse which has been more or less been confirmed to connected to Adventure 2020 already via the fact that theres going to be a crossover with V-Tamer which has already crossovered with the Adventure 1999 & Frontier

They could be doing it like it was done in the Xros Wars manga with Yggdrasil going out of control and attempting to destroy humanity and Homeostasis supplanting and replacing Ygg as Bandai loves to make Yggdrasil go genocidal. they could also mix it up with what was done in Next with Homeostasis taking control of & merging with Yggdrasil's body like Barbamon did.

Either way, both should just function as Administrative Systems & Host Computers of the Digital World, but do so differently. Yggdrasil has always been more of a Security System while Homeostasis is more a Management System

Last edited by a moderator:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be interesting to see how Yggdrasil is portrayed in a show where he didn't try to kill all humans or something. Or is that guy doomed to always go insane? Adventure 2020 might be a good chance to explore that, if they go that route.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be interesting to see how Yggdrasil is portrayed in a show where he didn't try to kill all humans or something. Or is that guy doomed to always go insane? Adventure 2020 might be a good chance to explore that, if they go that route.
We had Norn in Next. That's the closest to a non-antagonistic and active portrayal of Yggdrasil I've seen. It didn't try to do anything terrible in Chronicle X but that's because it didn't try to do anything at all in Chronicle X.

Personally, if they're going to introduce a godlike entity/host computer/management system/whatever you want to call it, I'd rather Homeostasis, since it's the one with the most history with the Adventure series. Granted, if the Royal Knights do appear, Yggdrasil is basically confirmed.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want to see more of the internet at some point. The scenes in the net during the first episodes was breath taking and I like how much things happening there affects the real world. Cyber Sleuth and Summer Wars as well as older Digimon profiles have given me a deep love for the internet as a setting in fiction