What would you like to see in Digimon Adventure: (2020)?

Vande

I am Justice
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As the title says this is a thread for What would you like to see in Digimon Adventure: (2020).

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
brand new enemies;
if possible explore some undealt areas from original Adventure and 02 like Dark Ocean
new evolution lines

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Royal knights and seven great demon lords.

I want to say olympus xii but this entry is for making new fans and so on.

4 holy beasts would be great to, let's bring in huanglongmon.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Brand new enemies (Dark Masters are ok because they had to split the last fourth, Etemon Vamdemon Devimon are a bit played out), a focus on Ultimates (which hardly existed for Adventure), possibly drop in cameos from Meiko and/or international Chosen, Homeostasis and/or Gennai to have a backstory if they appear, Ryo, at least a couple dozen new Digimon. Now that we know everyone’s adult forms are old I hope at least they get new Perfects and Ultimates, but I doubt it. Seems like new evolutions were a mistranslation.

What I’d really want is a three Taichis episode to test the waters for a vtamer anime

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to take a guess and predict first trailer will come out a bit after Kizuna hits theaters. April though is right around the corner so they've been working on this for a while. Which is great. I'm really excited.

Adventure was great but it definitely can go through some modern changes. I also hope that if this is successful which it will be it's Adventure we stick with these 8 growing up. No bringing in 02 or anything. If this is a reboot lets get rid of all the baggage.

I wonder if Taiora can rise now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
I would like to be surprised, pleasantly if I may add, of all things. I don't want the series to be stuck in a rut, and I don't want it to be more slice-of-life or monster-of-the-week than it needs to. I want it to be perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I realize this is too much to expect from a reboot, but I don't want it to be 'just another reboot'. I want it to do something mildly, if not radically, different. Above all, I want it to be entertaining, and not be a bore for both new fans and old.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As usual, Digimon's "Magical Girl Transformation" is a must.

I think I'm fine with this path whatever this new series throw at, as long as something surprise me for sure and entertaining to bring out my inner child self to taste the joy again.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well already they're changing things. Hikari is on the poster which means she's with the group from the beginning. Her and Takeru seem to be missing their Digimon Partners as well.

Does anyone know how long this is? Is it gonna be continous ala Dragonball Supers. I still remember when Tri was supposed to be an anime but got changed to 6 movies cause Toei put all their time and effort on Dragonball Supers.

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they're reusing the Adventure characters, I'd like to see something new from both them and the journey they undertake. I almost fear that what we'll get is a practically-beat-for-beat remake of Adventure set in modern times instead, or that they'll try some ham-fisted thing to tie it into the original continuity, but I really hope that's not the case.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm mostly just excited that they're modernizing it. Digimon is a great time capsule for 90's technology paranoia, but it will be fascinating to see how it adapts the story to things like smartphones and apps.

But I'd like to see it poke into some of the underexplored corners of the Adventure universe. One of my favorite parts about completing the Devimon arc is how it opens up the world for traveling, and getting to Server felt like a mythical journey, but after that the Digital World ends up feeling a lot like an afterthought. So more exploration in general.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know how long this is? Is it gonna be continous ala Dragonball Supers.
We don't know yet, but for this particular entry I don't think they would have to gain much from changing their classic 50 episode year long series approach.
I still remember when Tri was supposed to be an anime but got changed to 6 movies cause Toei put all their time and effort on Dragonball Supers.
None of that happened.
Digimon is a great time capsule for 90's technology paranoia, but it will be fascinating to see how it adapts the story to things like smartphones and apps.
That is what they already did with appmon, so I do think that they'll zero in on that topic so closely this time around, but view it in more general sense.

But I'd like to see it poke into some of the underexplored corners of the Adventure universe. One of my favorite parts about completing the Devimon arc is how it opens up the world for traveling, and getting to Server felt like a mythical journey, but after that the Digital World ends up feeling a lot like an afterthought. So more exploration in general.
I agree that more (and most importantly more consistent) lore would be nice but it seems weird to have that expectation of it somehow adding to the previous adventure world since... it's clearly set in a new Universe and anything they "poke" won't really apply to the original. Who knows if File Island would even exist in that incarnation, for example..

Last edited:

xrick

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They have a huge pool of resources to pull stuff from for this new iteration.
The existing Core Lore, which could be interesting to explore in anime format.
The Digital World, with File Island, Folder & WWW Continents, Gods' Forest, etc.
Grand entities like Yggdrasill, Great Demon Lords, Holy Beasts, Royal Knights, etc.
They also have the full evo-lines of the Partner Digimons, they can play with it.
The logo's icon resembles Omegamon's head. It could appear on the final battle.

I agree that more (and most importantly more consistent) lore would be nice but it seems weird to have that expectation of it somehow adding to the previous adventure world since... it's clearly set in a new Universe and anything they "poke" won't really apply to the original. Who knows if File Island would even exist in that incarnation, for example..
One can always hope, right? Even if such hopes usually end up dashed hard...

Last edited:

Claymore

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would most like to see some kind of surprise mechanic. Maybe a timer on evolution, to really amp the strategy, tactics, and to allow everyone a chance to shine (which could increase over the course of the series as the bond deepens between the partners). Or, the way Tai is standing in the poster, maybe some kind of Digi-Soul concept, where the kids can temporarily give their energy to the Digimon, allowing for side-evolutions or temporary power-ups.

Just something to surprise me.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they will give Takeru a new hat. And also they won't forget killing Leomon or two.

Having Ryou, Osamu and Wallace would open them a lot of new and interesting gates. Same as introducing brat versions of the Zero Two children.

There is finally an opportunity (though most likely it won't be used, unfortunately) to bring the Original DigiDestined to action (or at least show the remaining ones beside Himekawa and Shota Sensei).

More Cthulhumon and Dark Area would be nice too...

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Royal knights and seven great demon lords.

I want to say olympus xii but this entry is for making new fans and so on.

4 holy beasts would be great to, let's bring in huanglongmon.
Personally, I'm not interested in them focusing on specific groups of Digimon. The Demon Lords have already appeared enough throughout the franchise and the Royal Knights have been done to death. People beg for the Olympus XII now but I can almost guarentee they'd get sick of them too.

The director says in the interview about this being "like a festival", which to me implies they might use this as an opportunity to showcase lots of different Digimon. And there have been plenty of new Digimon introduced over the last five years alone; the Zubamon and Ludomon lines. Ragnalordmon. GraceNovamon. BlitzGreymon, CresGarurumon, and Omegamon Alter-S. Both Meicoomon lines. Herissmon's line. An entire new subset of creatures in the Appmon. And a whole bunch of other cool designs that haven't seen much screentime. Even the Olympus XII, despite my earlier gripe, could be be fun to see in some capacity. And if they are planning to use any of these characters, then what better way is there to showcase them than in a high profile TV anime?

I won't pin my hopes on any specific Digimon appearing, but since he was introduced in the Ver. 20th v-pet, BlitzGreymon has quickly become one of my most favourites. In a way, I prefer him over WarGreymon as a final form for the Agumon/Greymon line. It could be an alternate form for Taichi's Agumon, or even an enemy Digimon that shows up later down the line. Either way I'd like to see him show up in some capacity, but I won't be mad if he doesn't.

I don't have any particular story hopes as I'm just looking forward to seeing what they do with this, but my only wish is for is no more distant finale epilogues. As for character stuff, even if this does end up focusing heavily on Taichi and Yamato (because of course it will), I hope everyone else gets plenty of time in the spotlight too.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to see more of the Digital World itself. There's something kind of home-y about the original arc where they went around helping various Digimon villages / types that I always enjoyed. Of course I want to see more of the Chosen's personal issues / home life, but it would be nice to tie it into the Digimon moreso. Speaking of, I really really wanna see the partner Digimon have their own issues to overcome (similar to Patamon worrying about his evolution originally).

My main hope for this AU is not a repeat of the Adventure plot and no heavy shipping.

Kakashi_Hatake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mega evolutions for all the kids Digimon.
Ryo and Ken.
Less of Omegamon.
Cover the plot holes with Dagomon's/the Dark Ocean thing! That was such a cool thing in 02 and I was so disappointed it kind of didn't develop into much.

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad you made this topic Vande. Makes it easier for me to put my thoiughts in one spot.

So, at first I wasn't sure I was going to like this series. It seemed like it was going to be a mediocre series inbetween Adventure and 02. But learning that it's a new story that takes place in 2020, and a lot of things have been changed. It seems it leaves the door open for many things.

-I'd llike to see Hikari have a more prominent role at the start of the series. I'd rather not wait 15 years for her to have great character moments. She's shown in the poster with the other 7, this may actually occur! Tailmon and Patamon are also missing from the poster. Will these two partners have a mid series 6th ranger appearance?

-Since the series takes place in the real world and Digital world ala 02, there is hope we can see the other kids, like Meiko and Daisuke's group. I'd like to see them, even if they don't have their partners. Just seeing them happy is good enough for me.

-I'd also like to see Daigo, Maki, Menoa in this series. Since Maki and Daigo have Digimon partners, the holy beasts no less, there is a chance to see them. It'd be even more interesting if they were Taichi's age or slightly older. Since the og timeline had them be supposedly college age in 1999.

- The summary made it sound like the first episode may only show Taichi meeting his partner, and not in a group like the OG timeline. I'd like to see eachkid meet their partner this time around. That's something we never got to see. Just the aftermath iirc.

-The ultimates. Yeah, i know we already had tri. show everyone getting their ultimate level partners. But after waiting 15 years and not really seeing them in action is a little lackluster. It'd be really awesome to see them reach ultimate in this series.

-A way to show off all the things that could happen is making this series longer. There's nothing stopping Toei for making this more than a one year series. Dragon ball Super and Kitaro both had long running series' just recently. With Digimon also getting a reboot it may very well be Digimon could be more than a year long. Letting their be ample time to expand on characterizations, Digimon evolution, world building, character cameos and so much more.

We see a trailer on the 24th and the site opens on the 21st. With so many options, I can say now I'm curious to see what the future holds!

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as they get the characters right, and retain focus on their interaction and growth, I'm basically cool with whatever.

Ideally, no Royal Knights or Yggdrasil. I could live with Demon Lords, but other under-used Groups, Mons or entirely new threats would be preferable. Don't know how long it's meant to be, but I hope they don't rush the Digivolutions. They don't have to do one per episode like last time, but they have to match the pacing of the character development.

The description makes it sound very Appmon-ish, with Digital Creatures interfering with technology. Which is basically the Our War Game formula. I'm cool with this. I do like the stranded in a parallel world and exploration/survival element of the original Adventure, but as this is a retelling, AND we're gonna get that in the next game anyway, more Appmon style conflict is good with me. I would still like visits to the Digital World though.

Hopefully they keep the original cast on too. Maybe Reisz and Miller back on-board fingers-crossed.

Depending on how long it is, branching into elements of 02 could be cool. As long as they maintain the story cohesion. I liked 02, but it was hella messy.

I don't really WANT this, but how wild would it be if Kizuna ends with a reboot of the real world, causing the alternate timeline.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really WANT this, but how wild would it be if Kizuna ends with a reboot of the real world, causing the alternate timeline.
Funnily enough, the threat of a real world reboot did come up in tri. Part 6. Maybe this is an alternate timeline spawning from where they failed to defeat Ordinemon! :p

(In retrospect I think that was more, "all technology resetting" than an actual real world reboot)