"What to buy" thread

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any reason not to get the X2 and to wait for the X3 other than more areas and digimon to train?

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Buy all of the things.
It's unlikely. As much as I love Digimon, getting one of these in my country is quite expensive. I'll support them as much as I can but I think that it's enough with just having one device equivalent to 90 dollars. I would feel guilty to keep buying them at those prices, specially since the differences and bonus of connecting two aren't very significant. If they were at retail price, I'd gladly try to get every entry.

Last edited:

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Buy all of the things.
It's unlikely. As much as I love Digimon, getting one of these in my country is quite expensive. I'll support them as much as I can but I think that it's enough with just device equivalent to 90 dollars. I would feel guilty to keep buying them at those prices, specially since the differences and bonus of connecting two aren't very significant. If they were at retail price, I'd gladly try to get every entry.
Yeah it's tough. I wanted the anniversary Digivices, but I am not spending $100 to $200 for what amounts to an over-glorified Tamagotchi. The damn thing better make phone calls and download music with that asking price.

DigitalCowboy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you're worried about price, I would recommend the 20th anniversary english re-release of the original from 1997. I believe it came out early this year or late last year. There are plenty of them on Amazon for $20, brand new, original box etc.... I would start there, plus I had mine the next day because of Amazons crazy fast shipping. ---Reply to Roy: Very cool!

Last edited:

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you're worried about price, I would recommend the 20th anniversary english re-release of the original from 1997. I believe it came out early this year or late last year. There are plenty of them on Amazon for $20, brand new, original box etc.... I would start there, plus I had mine the next day because of Amazons crazy fast shipping.
Thanks for the good recommendation, however I already have it. It was a great buy, hence why I'm seeking for one of these X devices now. It's not that much about the price, I just think that it's not worth buying more than one X version.

VampJoe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you're worried about price, I would recommend the 20th anniversary english re-release of the original from 1997. I believe it came out early this year or late last year. There are plenty of them on Amazon for $20, brand new, original box etc.... I would start there, plus I had mine the next day because of Amazons crazy fast shipping.
Thanks for the good recommendation, however I already have it. It was a great buy, hence why I'm seeking for one of these X devices now. It's not that much about the price, I just think that it's not worth buying more than one X version.

If you're only planning to get one of the X lines then I would just go by the Digimon you want the most. Doesn't matter if there's a little bit more to do on one if you don't like the available Mons.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you're only planning to get one of the X lines then I would just go by the Digimon you want the most. Doesn't matter if there's a little bit more to do on one if you don't like the available Mons.

Thanks for the advice. I love both RK and Demon Lords but I prefer the RK a bit more. However, I ended up choosing the X2 a couple days before your comment because the sprite work and X designs have been superb for the most part. I also prefer the X2 roster as a whole over the X3. My red one arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier: Faster cleaning and celebrating animations, close ups, beautiful sprites, items, leveling up and the red transparent color looks quite beautiful. If anyone is on the fence, I really recommend it.