"What to buy" thread

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thinking of getting one of the 20th anniversary originals or a 20th anniversary pendulum but I can't decide on one.
The roster in the blue pendulum appeals to me most, but the Omegamon colored original has a much better exterior design and the Digimon barely resemble their artworks anyway, being a pixelated monochrome mess.
I've also taken quite a liking to the Vorvomon line from the black pendulum, but not much else from the black one

I also don't like how in both of them, the evolution time has been greatly shortened, I had a ver3 back in the day (had the ugliest roster of all of them but was the only one available where I live) and I remember how satisfying it would be to spend so much time in each stage and then finally evolve to the next stage, I feel like that enjoyment would be mitigated with the shorter evolution times.
The Pendulums have longer evolution times for baby2-child and adult-perfect, but the originals slow down when put to sleep which I'll probably use for several hours a day as I'm training and studying. Which would be better if I want the slowest evolution possible?

Also, what should I know about the pendulum feature? Anything else should I be aware of?

Buying one because I'm interested in raising a digital pet

Last edited:

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not entirely sure of the other things since I'd need to do some research BUT if you are going for one of the V-pets do take note that I've heard people not like how their are painted and prone to chipping. Sorta like the Zubamon one where some people who got it say that the gold paint can and likely will chip off with time and use. The only one that does not suffer from this is the Omegamon one since it is not painted it's all just colored pearly plastic.

However if you want the best bang for your buck your best option might be to buy the new upcoming pendulums (the wave 2 pendulums) since you will be able to get those at non scalper prices. And if I'm right the Dukemon color one is probably gonna be the silver blue just with add ons and a nicer color (If you prefer pearly white with red and yellow)

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've found a deal on the Omegamon one thats just within my price range. I can get a Zubamon one 1000¥ cheaper, probably because as you said, the paint chips (And it's the worst of the 2nd wave color schemes IMO).
The Dukemon one comes out in December doesn't it? I'd like one sooner, so maybe I should get the Omegamon 20th and I when find myself bored of the roster in a few months I could consider the Dukemon one.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome aboard.

If you take issue with the Digimon's shortened lifespan, you can artificially prolong it by having them sleep for extended periods of time. I assume the same applies for the 20th Pendulums (which have replaced the V20th's 3 hour nap with sticking them in a fridge instead), but in these newer v-pets the Digimon will only age as long as they're awake.

Child/Rookie Digimon will evolve after 24 hours awake but I've managed to make it last around 4 days at that stage.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read from the prerelease info that the Pendulums don't pause the life cycle while asleep.
Ordered the Omegamon 20th for 6000¥. It should arrive in a week or 2

Megadramon01010

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Omegamon Color Ver. 20th is the only 20th VPet I own, and I like it a lot. I hope you enjoy the device as much as I have.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
20th vs 20th Pendulum

Hey guys, so I was planning on ordering the 20th Pendulum, but I found a cheaper original version 20th online. Assuming that the answer would’nt just be to “get both,” what are some of the benefits that one device has over the other?

Tyromy94

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Need help on what to buy

So I've been out of the digimon scene for a few years. I noticed that the vpets snd pendulums have 20th anniversary releases... I want to buy my wife and I a pair but I'm not sure which version to get? My favorite digimon is omegamon, so I'm leaning towards the original vpets. Thoughts?

Do you raise 2 digimon together in a single vpet and pendulum?

Are the agumon and gabumon lines in the vpet or pendelum?

If anybody can help me that would be great. Thanks!

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes. You can raise 2 digimons in one device for both the original vpet abd pendulum. And yes you can have agumon, gabumon, and omegamon in every version of vpet and pendulum 20th except the gray/brown vpet 20th.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the 20th V-Pets, the anime Agumon line is only in the brown, and the anime Gabumon line is only in the grey. In both cases you have to connect to 5 different names to unlock these. Resetting works, but if you only buy the 2, you can only unlock on 1 of them, so no Omegamon.

On Black/White/Gold you can get WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon from the Coredramon lines, and jogress to Omegamon, with only one device.

On all the 20th V-Pets, you can raise V1 Agumon->Greymon->MetalGreymon(Vi)->BlitzGreymon, and V2 Gabumon->Garurumon->MetalMamemon->CresGarurumon. These jogress to Omegamon Alter-S, a Virus Omegamon with a colour change.

On the Silver Blue Pendulum 20th, you can raise the Pendulum Zero egg, which has both anime lines and they can jogress to Omegamon.
http://lcd.withthewill.net/PenEvoChartZero

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can also get omegamon in silver black from metal empire egg group, right?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the Silver Black Pendulum 20th has the 5.x Metal Empire egg with Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon and Omegamon. (Omegamon wasn't in the original 5.x Pendulums.)
Silver Black also has the 3.x Nightmare Soldiers egg with Garurumon and WereGarurumon, but it doesn't evolve into MetalGarurumon. And there's no Agumon or Gabumon.

Netz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Need some help to get back

Hu guys, im new in the forum. Im a 30 years old journalist from Argentina whos want to get back into de Digimon stuff, after years and years of another franchise. The point is that i want to get into raising and competitive v-pet scene (if there is something like that) and i read a lot of stuff about, but i still have doubts about it. Since our money is devaluated, every device is very expensive so i need to study what to buy.
The cheaper option is to go for a 20th aniversary, but i don't know if that work for a competitive scene, mostly online.
What do you recomend me to buy?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome!

Firstly, I would definitely recommend a modern device. This includes the Digital Monster Ver.20th, the Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th and the Digital Monster X/X2. They've improved a lot of elements of raising Digimon on these devices, and which one you should get really depends on your taste. If you want to raise a large variety of Digimon, the Pen20 is the best choice. If you want a device that you have to keep a closer eye on, thus ultimately using it more, the DM20 is the best choice. If you prefer a device where evolution outcomes are more varied, with more raising mechanics, then the DMX is the best choice. My personal favorite place to order from is Japanyouwant, but there are other options out there.

As far as the competitive scene goes, you would have to live in Malaysia to get really into that haha. Outside of Malaysia though, there is a great system called Digimon 0NL1NE, which you can read more about here: https://withthewill.net/threads/21243-Digimon-0NL1NE-The-Digital-Monster-Communication-Project

Making the device yourself is pretty straightforward and doesn't require experience with small electronics. I've used mine to battle plenty of people from all over, it's pretty fun!

Netz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually im gettin the Digital Monster Ver.20th, was the chepeast one i found. Also, too bad the competitive scene is center in Malasya. I guess this stuff is still a niche. Imagine an actual big tournament of vpets with national, regionals and Worlds!

wychking

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've ordered two 20th Anniversary editions myself and I'm thinking about pre-ordering the new Digital Monster Ver. 3s. A bit of a silly question perhaps, but would it be better for me to track down the other two X's first? Otherwise, great advice :)

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I can't really recommend the DMX1 at this point as the X2 and X3 are just absolutely superior in every way. However, having an X1 will allow something to be unlocked on the X2, but we don't know what that is yet. No mention was made on the X3 needing to connect to older devices to unlock anything, but the possibility remains there as well. Between the X2 and X3, you should just go with whichever one has the roster you most like, as the X3 only has 5 more Digimon per device than the X2 (compared to the X2 having 15 more than the X1)

wychking

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I can't really recommend the DMX1 at this point as the X2 and X3 are just absolutely superior in every way. However, having an X1 will allow something to be unlocked on the X2, but we don't know what that is yet. No mention was made on the X3 needing to connect to older devices to unlock anything, but the possibility remains there as well. Between the X2 and X3, you should just go with whichever one has the roster you most like, as the X3 only has 5 more Digimon per device than the X2 (compared to the X2 having 15 more than the X1)
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate the advice :) My concern was that I'd be missing out on some content without getting an X1, but I can always start with an X2 or X3!

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've ordered the two X2's and will likley also order the two X3's. I kinds wish they were way more spaced out.