What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd prefer it to stay exclusive to PS4. The Vita is already holding the series back - I wouldn't want the Switch to do the same

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here. I felt Digimon is suited better with Playstation. There was ton of outrages on Monster Hunter games whose moved to Nintendo/3DS/Switch from PSP games. I can understand moving new games/series to the future gaming consoles to ensure this popular series to keep going and give a chance to new comers to experience. But honestly, Nintendo kept inverting new consoles like... 3DS and Switch already? Wii can just upgrade itself to get similar functions with Playstation VR and Oculus Rift....

Digimon being in Super Smash bros is something I dreamt as a child. But now? Nah... Nope.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My god you guys think so little it makes me sad. But ok , thats all your opinion.

Agumon for Smash is something that can and will happen if fans "make more noise"
And its alot more easy to do right now

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here. I felt Digimon is suited better with Playstation. There was ton of outrages on Monster Hunter games whose moved to Nintendo/3DS/Switch from PSP games. I can understand moving new games/series to the future gaming consoles to ensure this popular series to keep going and give a chance to new comers to experience. But honestly, Nintendo kept inverting new consoles like... 3DS and Switch already? Wii can just upgrade itself to get similar functions with Playstation VR and Oculus Rift....
Actually that is demonstrably false as unlike a gaming PC, a consoles' hardware is not capable of being upgraded at all. The hardware you get out of the box is gonna be with you the console's entire life. You can get software updates but even that's only gonna prolong a console's life so long until you have to make a new system.

Case in point Playstation VR is a PlayStation 4 function and thus not compatible with previous consoles such as the PS3. By the way, the 3DS was released alongside the Wii U with the Switch is a Hybrid home/portable system.

What's more, the Wii was considerably inferior in terms of hardware even for its time compared to fellow seventh generation consoles PS3 and Xbox 360 so the idea that it could be upgraded is completely laughable in its absurdity.

And technically the reason for MH's tenure with Nintendo was because SCEA undermined Capcom's efforts to release Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD and liked the features of the 3DS.

Last edited:

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@graizen Pretty sure everyone here is just being realistic. A DLC list has probably already been decided on anyway. Do you really think Sakurai of all people would listen to fans? People have been screaming for Geno for years, and nothing has changed. People have been screaming and begging for a melee port/remaster/rerelease, and nothing has changed.

Viktor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was a fair amount of Digimon Games on Nintendo consoles, though. Digimon Battle Spirit, Digimon Racing, Digimon World DS, Dawn & Dusk, World Championship, Lost Evolution, Super Xros Wars, Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode, Appli Monsters...
So I still say that it's a valid possibility.
And I personally would love to see the Cyber Sleuths on the Switch, I mean, a lot of people were buying both the PS4 and Vita versions to get the switch-like compatibility, this way you could buy just one game.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The idea here is to make the fans think about it, to show that Digimon has the potential for it. I do not think it's OK to give up or be so negative!

Agumon is the mascot, always in the face of Digimon, and I believe he would be perfect for something like that.

Imagine him evolving into WarGreymon in his Final Smash!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually that is demonstrably false as unlike a gaming PC, a consoles' hardware is not capable of being upgraded at all. The hardware you get out of the box is gonna be with you the console's entire life. You can get software updates but even that's only gonna prolong a console's life so long until you have to make a new system.

Case in point Playstation VR is a PlayStation 4 function and thus not compatible with previous consoles such as the PS3. By the way, the 3DS was released alongside the Wii U with the Switch is a Hybrid home/portable system.

What's more, the Wii was considerably inferior in terms of hardware even for its time compared to fellow seventh generation consoles PS3 and Xbox 360 so the idea that it could be upgraded is completely laughable in its absurdity.

And technically the reason for MH's tenure with Nintendo was because SCEA undermined Capcom's efforts to release Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD and liked the features of the 3DS.
Wii's controllers look like it's just perfect for VR console and Oculus Rift... If it's not possible to upgrade, oh well then a new VR version of Wii console might make it interesting to play in my imagination.

I want to play 3rd HD but they just completely skipped over it to get english version of MH World :/

If Agumon make it to Super Smash Bros somehow then I can imagine Alphamon, Culumon and a certain evil villian digimon will make it there as well in such obvious pattern.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, a lot of people were buying both the PS4 and Vita versions to get the switch-like compatibility, this way you could buy just one game.
So Bandai would've lost money in people not double dipping, then?

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, a lot of people were buying both the PS4 and Vita versions to get the switch-like compatibility, this way you could buy just one game.
The Switch sells like water in the desert, so i think they are losing money by not putting their games on the Switch.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The idea here is to make the fans think about it, to show that Digimon has the potential for it. I do not think it's OK to give up or be so negative!
It's not about "giving up" or being negative. It's just that we don't realistically expect Agumon to join the Smash Bros. roster.

Do I want Agumon to appear in Smash? Absolutely, to the point where I've even thought about how Digivolution would work as a gameplay mechanic; Agumon as a faster light/midweight base form, with the ability to evolve into Greymon to make him a slower, heavier fighter. And then evolve further to MetalGreymon for Greymon's Final Smash (ala Giga Bowser), or warp evolve to WarGreymon and Terra Force the stage for Agumon's Final Smash.

But do I think he will appear in Smash? No.

If Agumon make it to Super Smash Bros somehow then I can imagine Alphamon, Culumon and a certain evil villian digimon will make it there as well in such obvious pattern.
Given how third party characters have appeared so far; if any Digimon makes it into Smash Bros, it would likely be Agumon, and only Agumon.

The only way other characters make it in would be either background cameos on Agumon's stage or through other unlockabales like trophies and Mii costumes.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Switch sells like water in the desert, so i think they are losing money by not putting their games on the Switch.
Can't lose money if you didnt have it in the first place

and we may as well put it onto Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Xbox One, PC and Commadore 64

Cuz I'm sure they'd make some money porting them so why not!?

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"It's just that we don't realistically expect Agumon to join the Smash Bros. roster."

And here is the problem!
No one expects anyone to join Smash. But people fight for it!
Go to Smashboards and you will see people supporting alot of characters!
But some Digimon fans think they are so Small, they can't help!

NO! We are not Small , and we can do it!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...most of which don't have a chance for various reasons.

I can't speak for the height of each individual fan but the fandom itself doesn't really have the numbers that many others boast. And drumming up some vocal minority is very different from actually making it worth Nintendo's time.

in other words your strategy is to plug your fingers in your ears trying to block out everything you don't want to hear?

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"in other words your strategy is to plug your fingers in your ears trying to block out everything you don't want to hear?"

Your are changing my words to match something else.

Im here to make you think about it, and see that Digimon have alot more chances that most people think.

Viktor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think that Bandai putting at least ONE Digimon game on the Switch would boost its sales. Let's be real, while Switch is a pretty succesful console, the amount of decent games that have actually come out on it is still minimal. So people are more likely to pick up new titles. PS4, while way more succesfu (so far, since it's old) has already a ton of titles people can choose instead, and it's already at the end of itslifespan.

I think at some point there is a voting campaign for people to choose what character they'd want to see in Smash, no? Or maybe I imagined it.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think at some point there is a voting campaign for people to choose what character they'd want to see in Smash, no? Or maybe I imagined it.
There was a fan ballot for Smash 4 that was won by Bayonetta, of all characters. I know that series is popular but I didn't think it was that popular.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A friend of mine is creating 3D images of Agumon fighting every Smash Bros Character!

1 - Agumon vs Mario

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wii's controllers look like it's just perfect for VR console and Oculus Rift... If it's not possible to upgrade, oh well then a new VR version of Wii console might make it interesting to play in my imagination.
I do think that VR was at least influenced by motion controls.

I want to play 3rd HD but they just completely skipped over it to get english version of MH World :/
Technically 3rd HD was skipped over in favor of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate giving us most of the monsters from it like Zinogre anyway with the last one, Amatsu, having its parts in 4U as trading material and making its premiere in the west proper in Generations making the localization of Portable 3rd unnecessary at this point.

And while I don't doubt there being resentment over the failure of Operation Cherry Blossom, most of the fans I've talked to as well as myself got over it and simply played 3U, 4U, Generations, and Stories during the intervening years before World's release.

Regarding the topic at hand though, I'm gonna have second Viktor, Bandai should have one Digimon game on the Switch at the very least though my feeling is that this should happen before Agumon is even considered for Smash since at least Bayonetta's appearance in Smash is logical in the respect that the franchise owes its continued existence to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"It's just that we don't realistically expect Agumon to join the Smash Bros. roster."

And here is the problem!

You're overestimating the Digimon fan base if you think their support alone would get him in lol

Besides, how many do you think care about Smash Bros and also have a Switch? I have no Swtich and haven't played Smash Bros. I'm a Digimon Fan and it's on PS4, so I don't need no Switch.

Would it be cool if Agumon could make it in? sure but I personally don't care.

Last edited: