What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have seen many people on Twitter commenting on this, many posts, comments and shares!
But I wanted to know what you think about it!
And if you think it's cool, how do you think we can help this idea come true?
-
-

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
no thanks, it just gonna lead to an outcry from poketards.
better put him in playstation all statrs if they ever do a new one.

Viktor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, why not? There are a few Nintendo console games featuring Agumon. And Pokemon fan's opinion doesn't matter, I mean the series doesn't have any real rivarly in Japan from what I know (especially considering how Digimon is aimed at adults now. Different target audience). And while Pokemon is closely tied to Nintendo, it's not *by* them, so they're as much guests as anything else is.
If Bayonetta made it so can Digimon, though by this logic I guess it would be more likely if they included Yokai Watch, since it's more popular and had majority of it's games on Nintendo consoles. At least was, not sure how big YW is now.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Bandai Namco I can see it happening, especially with the popularity of their recent releases(Next 0rder and Cyber Sleuth).

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you guys think that the rivalry can help it?
Just like Sonic to Mario etc

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unlikely, yes.
Is it impossible, no.

But the fact is...
Bandai-Namco has far more prominent game related characters that make more sense to include.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Much as I'd love to see him in new Smash, I don't realistically see it happening.

Maybe it would be more likely if Digimon had a presence on Nintendo systems.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Bandai Namco I can see it happening, especially with the popularity of their recent releases(Next 0rder and Cyber Sleuth).
Those are PlayStation releases though so no little to no bearing on Nintendo.

I dont see it happening whilst it's a PS only series.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just like Final Fantasy?
Or Metal Gear Solid?
And you guys think that the rivalry help it?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just like Final Fantasy?
Or Metal Gear Solid?
Final Fantasy and Metal Gear both started out on Nintendo consoles before Nintendo scared off their third party developers in the N64 era.

Digimon's had a bunch of handheld Nintendo releases, sure. But most of them were only released in Japan and America and we never saw them here in Europe. As far as home consoles go the only Nintendo releases were World 4 and Rumble Arena 2 on the GameCube. And again, World 4's GameCube port wasn't released in Europe.

It would be cool if they could play up the rivalry in a way that patches things up, as they have with Mario and Sonic. But Pokemon has such a large presence in Smash even outside of the playable roster, so I'm not sure if that would exactly help anything.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Comparing something as niche as Digimon to blockbusters like Final Fantasy or MGS isn't really reasonable...

Absolutely not. We're talking about a rivalry that the companies involved have elected to never to never officially acknowledge (for good reason) and now that at least most of the fandom has grown up enough to not harp on about it, the last thing they'd want to do is to make it an actual thing.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know Theigno, things have changed for Nintendo in the last few years!
Just look at Pokken Fighters, its a Pokémon Fighting Game done by Namco Bandai.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it makes Wik, i think this helps alot actualy.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only gsme I can see a Digimon appearing in would be a Bandai Namco x Capcom x Sega game, since they like using obscure stuff. It'd have to be a game protagonist though.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Project X Zone 3 haha

On topic..no, never, not gonna happen, it makes no sense, stop with these topics - -;

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From a friend on reddit:
If it means Cyber Sleuth/Next 0rder ports and future Digimon games on the Nintendo Switch, sure.

I'm actually expecting Digimon to drop on the Switch (to make up for the Vita if nothing else) sooner or later. Bamco has been releasing some games on the platform lately.

If Bamco tags along on a 3rd party partnership, yeah. Even better if it helps Digimon to get on the Switch, boosting sales and helping the franchise into new heights.

The Switch seems like the natural next step for the Digimon franchise. Just imagine the potential playerbase growth, even better if a Digimon were to join the Smash roster.
Btw, Sm4sh was co-developed by Nintendo, HAL and Bamco.

Sakurai and his team worked at Bamco while developing Sm4sh. In a nutshell, technical resources came from Bamco. Bamco's out this time around but the partnership with Nintendo remains strong. Stronger than ever, actually.
Gotta floodmail Habu and Bamco with some #Digimon4Switch friendly reminders.

Raising awareness is easy, just reach out to Bamco. Send them a message via the official website or DM through their social media (Twitter, FB, etc.). Tell 'em about the Switch ports, Digimon in Smash, their partnership with Nintendo, how it would benefit the franchise in the long run, etc.

Best way to do it and that's all I can think of right now.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is literally nothing you posted that we don't know.

It's all speculation and things we've known for years.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The point here, Marc, is to make you think about it too!
Whether or not it is the will of the fans that moves the mountains nowadays.
Understanding that this is a great possibility, and that this would help Digimon in gigantic ways, is extremely important.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be kinda nice to get Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory on the Switch. That would finally give me a reason to buy the console. On topic though, Agumon in Super Smash Bros. is about as likely as Kirby in the next God of War game. Even if they partnered with Bamco for the Smash Bros. games, there's various reasons why it is highly unlikely to happen. Though you can certainly try to sway Bamco's and Nintendo's opinion in this regard. Hell, I'll even support you if it finally benefits the franchise in the long run and we get Digimon games on mainstream Nintendo consoles again.