What if the Adventure reboot was darker and edgier?

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You read the title, what if the reboot of Digimon Adventure had a darker tone than the original series? While the franchise is no stranger to this kind of content, a dark Adventure reboot would probably be less like Serial Experiments Lain and more like dark animated films from the 80's like The Secret of NIMH and The Brave Little Toaster.

Of course, it would be nice if it also came with character development, proper arcs, and decent pacing.

Last edited:

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally prefer an Adventure prequel with Daigo & Maki's original group which would have had a darker ending since they only managed to seal away the evil. This could be Digimon's version of Fate/Zero

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depending on who was doing it, then it might have been worse then what people think of it now. Some people don't know how to do this.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally prefer an Adventure prequel with Daigo & Maki's original group which would have had a darker ending since they only managed to seal away the evil. This could be Digimon's version of Fate/Zero
hell, they couldn't even finish off the dark masters despite having the 4 sovereigns and tapirmon's kamikaze attack. the dark masters ran off and licked their wounds and eventually came back and sealed off the sovereigns after the og 5 was long gone.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depending on who was doing it, then it might have been worse then what people think of it now. Some people don't know how to do this.
I agree, but could a darker tone have been pulled off right?

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would actually be a really cool idea to see. Maybe we can finally see the D-1 Digivice get animated?

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would actually be a really cool idea to see. Maybe we can finally see the D-1 Digivice get animated?
You mean Digivice 01? I doubt it TBH.

PCN24454

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You read the title, what if the reboot of Digimon Adventure had a darker tone than the original series? While the franchise is no stranger to this kind of content, a dark Adventure reboot would probably be less like Serial Experiments Lain and more like dark animated films from the 80's like The Secret of NIMH and The Brave Little Toaster.

Of course, it would be nice if it also came with character development, proper arcs, and decent pacing.
If you have proper character development, then you don't need a story to be edgier. That's just fluff to avoid the dreaded G-rating.