What if IDW Made Digimon Comics?

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they do make a comic I would suggest that they blend the universes together. Just think about them using the Cybersleuth world as the base setting then adding in the Adventure characters and how they would live and meet their digimon in that world. They could then add in the other worlds characters using the same method.

Vittorini

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would pay anything to go back to Cybersleuth universe. Anyhing. šŸ¤Æ

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel an interesting approach would be to take a leaf out of the X-Evolution movie, and do stories focussing exclusively on the Digimon themselves. At least to begin with.

For instance you could do a piece on the Demon Lords, the Olympus Twelve, or any of the other groups.

Perhaps even explore the backstory of the ancient war against Lucemon from Frontier for example.

Maybe even have a shot at "What if" stories.

"What if Picodevimon was the eighth Digimon?"

"What if Ken died instead of Osamu?"

"What if Nene was better written?" :p

Last edited:

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel an interesting approach would be to take a leaf out of the X-Evolution movie, and do stories focussing exclusively on the Digimon themselves. At least to begin with.
I was just thinking this today about how I wish Digimon designs were treated like Amerixan comic book heroes with stories centered around them individually with their own villain line ups and groups and stuff and that we really got to know these Digimon on a deep level. As of now Digimon can come across as vague as to the extent of their powers or come off like they're meant to be individuals with deep backstories yet we don't get to see that side to them. I was thinking this because I was watching the opening movie to Digimon New Century with a Digimon group (but not a group established in the lore like the Royal Knights, just a fun assortment of Digimon) without humans fighting Apocalymon and they all felt like superheroes

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just thinking this today about how I wish Digimon designs were treated like Amerixan comic book heroes with stories centered around them individually with their own villain line ups and groups and stuff and that we really got to know these Digimon on a deep level. As of now Digimon can come across as vague as to the extent of their powers or come off like they're meant to be individuals with deep backstories yet we don't get to see that side to them. I was thinking this because I was watching the opening movie to Digimon New Century with a Digimon group (but not a group established in the lore like the Royal Knights, just a fun assortment of Digimon) without humans fighting Apocalymon and they all felt like superheroes
They had humans partners in that battle.