What exactly were the International Chosen Children good for?

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They might have operated more in the Real World for its threats. Or maybe some of them were stationed to areas like Folder, which is why their Digimon partners were more fully evolved. I wonder what has happened to them now.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Hey... Maybe we have the new series idea... Heh heh ...Well, it might not be a bad idea but still.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda off-topic but what if the World Tour arc in 02 also featured Chosen Children from Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Korea, and Iran respectively?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda off-topic but what if the World Tour arc in 02 also featured Chosen Children from Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Korea, and Iran respectively?
the only digiport in europe was france.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it was neat to have them. However did they too have crests, and if so were they the same crests as the main 8 or are the crests unique to the main 8? I see there's a purpose for other humans to have Digimon partners, but I've always wondered about the crests.
Nothing really indicated that they did. Most of the kids seemed to have Digimon who couldn’t evolve past Adult aside from the odd kid who got a Perfect level Digimon as a partner (I believe Jureimon and Hangyomon were among the international partner Digimon?) .Besides why force the A team to give up their crest power if kids all over the world had them?
I don't believe there was a partner Jyureimon. The one they fought in New York was a wild Digimon. The Hangyomon may or may not have been a partner; it's hard to determine from its brief appearance.
Depending on what level you think Whamon is, we also saw it seemingly partnered with the Australian kids. During the final battle against BelialVamdemon, you'll noticed there're also things like Okuwamon and Parrotmon in the background. This MAY have just been the animators throwing whatever random crap they wanted in there, but I guess it is noteworthy that they specifically avoided showing any random Ultimates in such a scene (at least as I recall), so the inclusion of Perfects might have had some thought put into it. Considering that by this point in the anime, even most of the main characters were failing to reach Ultimate, imagine how pissed people would be if some random nobody in the background managed to score one.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it was neat to have them. However did they too have crests, and if so were they the same crests as the main 8 or are the crests unique to the main 8? I see there's a purpose for other humans to have Digimon partners, but I've always wondered about the crests.
Nothing really indicated that they did. Most of the kids seemed to have Digimon who couldn’t evolve past Adult aside from the odd kid who got a Perfect level Digimon as a partner (I believe Jureimon and Hangyomon were among the international partner Digimon?) .Besides why force the A team to give up their crest power if kids all over the world had them?
I don't believe there was a partner Jyureimon. The one they fought in New York was a wild Digimon. The Hangyomon may or may not have been a partner; it's hard to determine from its brief appearance.
Depending on what level you think Whamon is, we also saw it seemingly partnered with the Australian kids. During the final battle against BelialVamdemon, you'll noticed there're also things like Okuwamon and Parrotmon in the background. This MAY have just been the animators throwing whatever random crap they wanted in there, but I guess it is noteworthy that they specifically avoided showing any random Ultimates in such a scene (at least as I recall), so the inclusion of Perfects might have had some thought put into it. Considering that by this point in the anime, even most of the main characters were failing to reach Ultimate, imagine how pissed people would be if some random nobody in the background managed to score one.
Plus it's not overly surprising that a few of them might have Perfect-level partners. There were at least 200 international Chosen by the time of late 2002 so even a 1-2% ratio would bear that out with the numbers we actually saw.

What I'm curious about is: since it was shown that those international kids weren't able to open gates to the Digital World at will like Daisuke's group could due to the D-3, how did they keep in touch and meet with their Digimon partners over the years?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus it's not overly surprising that a few of them might have Perfect-level partners. There were at least 200 international Chosen by the time of late 2002 so even a 1-2% ratio would bear that out with the numbers we actually saw.

What I'm curious about is: since it was shown that those international kids weren't able to open gates to the Digital World at will like Daisuke's group could due to the D-3, how did they keep in touch and meet with their Digimon partners over the years?
I guess they just didn't.