What don't you like in Fusion?

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I hated was the series being called Fusion. Why couldn't they have stuck with Xros Wars? Also the fucking names appearing on the screens every damn time like they think the viewers are too retarded to remember the names of the characters, same thing with attacks. I really feel like Saban or Toei decided to undermine the intelligence of those they made the show for.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really feel like Saban or Toei decided to undermine the intelligence of those they made the show for.
The show was made for children. Children are not known to be the most coherent beings.
Well maybe. But I think that maybe after one or two episodes and one introduction to a new character everyone would've already caught on.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well first you can drop the language. I suspect the reason they dropped Xros Wars is due to 'cross wars' sounds like a religious battle series.. Some parents of the US would not take that well.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every single episode of the original Japanese version of Xros Wars had character name captions appearing onscreen. The dub was simply replicating what the original did, but only a little moreso since some characters eventually quit having name captions provided for them over time. However, there were still definitely name captions given for some characters in every. Single. Episode of the original. Not to the same extent as in the dub, but the captions still never ceased in the original.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every single episode of the original Japanese version of Xros Wars had character name captions appearing onscreen. The dub was simply replicating what the original did, but only a little moreso since some characters eventually quit having name captions provided for them over time. However, there were still definitely name captions given for some characters in every. Single. Episode of the original. Not to the same extent as in the dub, but the captions still never ceased in the original.
Well then that's an issue with the original version then. The creators of the show at the time were quick to undermine their viewers intelligence. Therefor they maybe stupid.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well then that's an issue with the original version then. The creators of the show at the time were quick to undermine their viewers intelligence. Therefor they maybe stupid.
Lots of Japanese children's anime do the name captions thing. Even Japanese-dubbed versions of some Western children's cartoons have them. The Japanese dub of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon (called "Transformers: 2010" in Japan), for instance, gave name captions to the characters where the original English version had none. It's simply a common practice that no one bats an eye at in Japan. It's not an "intelligence insult", it's a tradition.

And it's not like Digimon hasn't done it before. The first episode of both Adventure and Zero Two did the name caption thing for all the Chosen Children, and Savers had name captions provided for every wild digimon that appeared in that show before the it eventually decided to start using its own Digimon Analyzer. In fact, that's pretty much what the Analyzer screen in every series was for: To provide onscreen names for the digimon. Xros Wars never got its own Analyzer screen, so it stuck with the more traditional name caption method.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lots of Japanese children's anime do the name captions thing. Even Japanese-dubbed versions of some Western children's cartoons have them. The Japanese dub of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon (called "Transformers: 2010" in Japan), for instance, gave name captions to the characters where the original English version had none. It's simply a common practice that no one bats an eye at in Japan. It's not an "intelligence insult", it's a tradition.

And it's not like Digimon hasn't done it before. The first episode of both Adventure and Zero Two did the name caption thing for all the Chosen Children, and Savers had name captions provided for every wild digimon that appeared in that show before the it eventually decided to start using its own Digimon Analyzer. In fact, that's pretty much what the Analyzer screen in every series was for: To provide onscreen names for the digimon. Xros Wars never got its own Analyzer screen, so it stuck with the more traditional name caption method.
I guess I see your point there. But retort, Digimon Adventure and 02 only did it for one episode. And that was the first episode where we were introduced to them. My point is- Xros Wars/Fusion does it every damn episode. Like it's tedious and bit annoying. Like in some ways they think we can't remember the protags and Digimons name so on every episode they do the same thing of putting their names there.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you've made your point a couple of times. No need to keep going on about it.
Yeah, but I don't think he exactly understood what I meant. But either way I've gotten it across and it's all cleared up now.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dub theme song, my god my ears. Crappy kids commercial electropop is so more grating than crappy kids commercial.... hip hop? (not sure what genre the Digimon theme falls into)

Why couldn't we get something the quality of the Frontier's dub theme every series?

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dub theme song, my god my ears. Crappy kids commercial electropop is so more grating than crappy kids commercial.... hip hop? (not sure what genre the Digimon theme falls into)

Why couldn't we get something the quality of the Frontier's dub theme every series?
That's definitely not hip-hop, not one bit. I think the Digimon dubs themes are there own genre, of electro/techno, I'll call it digi-pop.

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
XW looks like a failed toy series, that was supposed to advertise you to buy Digimon parts and fuse them together, but never got that far and just kind of went on for 3 years... I mean, if they just wanted to sell toys, then you better make the confounded toys! As-is, it's a mess.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japan did get some toys. But I can't remember how far it went.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's amusing, and the characters are a lot of fun with great voice acting, but the hyperactive tone and lack of any strong story/character arcs leaves it wanting. It's the only Season I haven't watched more than once.

Rosefox556

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something about it never click with me. I watch the Japanese dub and like it lot better then English dub. I feel that fusion seem to be bit dumb down.

Kakashi_Hatake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't like the Mecha aspect. The whole fusion thing with each Digimon turning into the same thing all the time was... not that great. (I mean OK, in previous seasons Digimon evolutions all ended up in the same thing, but it was at least 8-10 different Digimon instead of just one. And there was more than one result, ie, normal evolution, armour, and jogress.) But I guess it was to promote the toys.
But yeah, the Digimon on their own, such as the Picmon, are pretty useless aren't they? The small Digimon weren't enough on their own. (Again no DNA or Jogress evolution like 02 etc, just the same mecha robot thing.)

Yeah I don't like mecha.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't like the Mecha aspect. The whole fusion thing with each Digimon turning into the same thing all the time was... not that great. (I mean OK, in previous seasons Digimon evolutions all ended up in the same thing, but it was at least 8-10 different Digimon instead of just one. And there was more than one result, ie, normal evolution, armour, and jogress.) But I guess it was to promote the toys.
TBF, I think from a toy-line perspective it was a cool idea.
I watched one review where the pieces bolted together with a ball joint like Bionicles, meaning to could mash them up however you liked.
As a kid, I would have loved to have creatures that I could not only make monsters from the show, but come up with my own combinations.

Kakashi_Hatake

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TBF, I think from a toy-line perspective it was a cool idea.
I watched one review where the pieces bolted together with a ball joint like Bionicles, meaning to could mash them up however you liked.
As a kid, I would have loved to have creatures that I could not only make monsters from the show, but come up with my own combinations.
That is actually quite cool.
I've never seen the toys so I wasn't quite sure.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love everything about the anime except for the lore inconsistencies, such as digimon sizes, attack animations, rookie taking on 7 megas, ignoring all the lores beforethis anime and just concentrating on it's own lore, lucemon being servant to lilithmon, I dont even think lilithmon was even mentioned being a demon lord, I dont like how 1 digimon is challenging thousands of digimon and some how actually winning, it's super unrealistic lore wise. I know there are cases where a digimon is able to take on many digimon at ones but we know those digimon are powerful but here it's like a rookie taking on 1000s of perfect level, it's like watching someone playing a warriors game.

Still entertaining to watch especially the music.