What don't you like in Fusion?

Minun

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The spelling errors for certain Digimon, name changes. They never made up their mind of what to this attack (even worse than previous seasons), and this thing, etc. The unneeded editing and jokes. And how long they've took to actually finish Fusion. All of these is just depressing. If they wanted to make the franchise popular again, they've certainly killed the chances of that happening

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the show is produced under whatever schedule Saban wants, they don't necessarily get to decide when it airs.

And it's worth mentioning that despite the delay in-between season 1 ending and season 2 starting, the beginning point for season 1 and the end point for season 2 is a bit under 2 years, which isn't an unusually long schedule.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's been a lot worse schedules right? Like a lot of Adult Swim shows that aren't canceled. Or Nick cartoons?

deltabot_digidestined

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My one complaint is in episode 9 when Mikey says "Time to fight fire with fox fire!" and uses the Garurumon digicard. He is a wolf, correct?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Foxfire is a blue-green luminescence produced by fungi. Garurumon's attack does not mean that he's supposed to be a fox.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Garurumon's attack was always called "Foxfire" in the Japanese version.

The name was even used for BlackGarurumon's attack in the English version of Rumble Arena 2.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the digi crone arc and the death general arc was just a repat of the same stuff over and over.

something that annoys me in fusion (and frontier) the chars get thrown into the digital world and are not really scared of the situation nor the digimon, which goes on my nerves since that destroys my suspension of desbelief. Adventure did it more realistic.

Taiki and Shoutmon are extreme Mary Sue´s and the whole first season focuses on them, we nearly know nothing about the other characters, for example the Starmons appear in every episode and we know zero about them.

Kihiro, i´m tired of the lone wolf charcters, and this one stays annoying for almost the whole season.

the power level, we all know Huanglongmon and Lucemon deserve better.
aside from that they do not even play after their own rules, SkullMeramon first they needed X3 to beat him then X2 and in the end Shoutmon alone was enough to kill him :\

Tagiru worst character ever, and he is supposed the carry the whole fate of the world on his shoulders along with using the power of the great heroes? -.-

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shakkoumon's voice is a joke.
After the first Sky Zone episode, yes. It sounded just fine and close to the Japanese voice the first time we heard it, but then one episode later, for no real reason, the voice was changed into an exaggerated female Dudley Do-Right voice.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can most of us agree the manga did alot of things better?

dgarock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Anime is good overall, for story's sake, but Fusion/Xros Wars completely destroys the concept of some Digimon and some basic things as Level and Types, I mean, what is Shoutmon's level? Child/Rookie? I mean, there is no logic, it would be fine in other Anime, but again, it breaks some concepts of Digimon.
Also, it's bizarre how Neptunemon is a lower Bagra minion while Apollomon is the strongest of the Seven Generals, and both are Olimpo XII, (and in theory, or at least it should be, Poseidon is stronger than Apollo). Other example is Huanlongmon, who is a Digimon close to God, and is supposed to be neutral, but in Xros Wars he's Dorbickmon's pet...
But anyway, overall the story is good, but it's not compatible with other Digimon media.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Anime is good overall, for story's sake, but Fusion/Xros Wars completely destroys the concept of some Digimon and some basic things as Level and Types, I mean, what is Shoutmon's level? Child/Rookie? I mean, there is no logic, it would be fine in other Anime, but again, it breaks some concepts of Digimon.
Also, it's bizarre how Neptunemon is a lower Bagra minion while Apollomon is the strongest of the Seven Generals, and both are Olimpo XII, (and in theory, or at least it should be, Poseidon is stronger than Apollo). Other example is Huanlongmon, who is a Digimon close to God, and is supposed to be neutral, but in Xros Wars he's Dorbickmon's pet...
But anyway, overall the story is good, but it's not compatible with other Digimon media.
FWIW, Frontier didn't utilize the level system either.

Though, this thread is mainly for things not liked that are specific to the English dub version of the show rather than things from the original Japanese version that were still carried over into the dub (this is the thread for the original).

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't really find anything wrong that the dub did. Most don't have problems actually. It's the original Japanese that I take issue with. But yeah, this was a fine dub. Nothing to complain about from me.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Everything, this was as bad a dub as the dub for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal or Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V. The music was flat out boring compared to the original, the voices don't match any of the characters, and I got annoyed having to see someone's name when they appeared on the screen every single time, there were some instances were the dialogue matched the original, other times it was cheesy or poorly rewritten into something else, or toned down for 7 year olds. I'm returning my DVD copies of season 1 and 2 to the store. I don't think it matters if me or anyone else dislikes Fusion anyway, because the dub is mainly for kids and kids don't care if the original Japanese is better, all Saban cares about is having kids watch it in a language they can understand, so Saban or whoever can sell its toys.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Everything, this was as bad a dub as the dub for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal or Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V. The music was flat out boring compared to the original, the voices don't match any of the characters, and I got annoyed having to see someone's name when they appeared on the screen every single time, there were some instances were the dialogue matched the original, other times it was cheesy or poorly rewritten into something else, or toned down for 7 year olds. I'm returning my DVD copies of season 1 and 2 to the store. I don't think it matters if me or anyone else dislikes Fusion anyway, because the dub is mainly for kids and kids don't care if the original Japanese is better, all Saban cares about is having kids watch it in a language they can understand, so Saban or whoever can sell its toys.
But the Japanese was made for kids too. Plus the names appearing over & over happened quite a bit in the Japanese as well.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But the Japanese was made for kids too. Plus the names appearing over & over happened quite a bit in the Japanese as well.
Yes I know the Japanese version was made for kids, but Japan's standards as to what's acceptable for kids vs American kids are very different. The Japanese version talks about death, while the dub tries to mask those subjects by saying things like they went away or they'll be deleted. I don't have a problem with it being Americanized for American audiences, since I'm not there target demographic anyway, but from my point of view and personal opinion I did not like the dub at all. The Japanese version showed their names when the characters made a first appearance, I wasn't reminded of who Taiki Kudo or Shoutmon was every single time they appeared on the screen.