Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be easier to discuss anything good about Fusion and Xros Wars. The only thing I really like is the animation and concept of a war taking place.
There is a thread for that as well: http://withthewill.net/threads/13600-What-do-you-like-in-Fusion (Xros one is prolly a lot further down the forum..somewhere)
Right here - http://withthewill.net/threads/10425-Things-That-You-DO-Like-in-Xros-Wars

And here's the "don't like" one for Xros Wars (since this thread pertains more to the English dub of Fusion rather than the show itself) - http://withthewill.net/threads/10405-Things-That-You-don-t-Like-in-Xros-Wars

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a good reason Fusion is in my "Unwatchable Garbage" tier.

Censorship up the wazoo (including FOOD censorship), horrendous voices that make Johnny Test sound angelic, disregard to the Japanese version, ear-bleeding musical abominations, and every flaw of the original Japanese show (some accentuated).

It feels like both Saban and Bandai did not care one bit about the show, and they likely do not truly care about Digimon. This trash is close to being on level with such luminaries as Madballs: Gross Jokes, Breadwinners, Paddy the Pelican, Mega Babies, Ratatoing, and Tentacolino.

Saban's anime division is dead to me.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey. Using Johnny Test as an example is a low blow. But yeah, Saban may not care as much for the series.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they seem to care more about it than they do about Power Rangers. A few episodes are surprisingly spot on faithful to the Japanese version, script wise. Almost on par with an average Data Squad dub episode. Episode 19, for instance, was arguably the best dubbed Fusion episode thus far, with only minimal changes and a script that was fairly competently put together.

That isn't to say that there aren't still a few stinkers here and there. Episode 16, for example, is fine example of an episode that had an overabundance of some horrendous dialogue changes, especially with lines spoken by Shakkoumon. Nearly everything he spoke in that episode was just awful.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saber's a bit right with that. But at least Power Rangers has a lot of merch to put out.

DaRedGuy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there's a good reason fusion is in my "unwatchable garbage" tier.

Censorship up the wazoo, horrendous voices that make johnny test sound angelic, disregard to the japanese version, ear-bleeding musical abominations, and every flaw of the original japanese show.

It feels like both saban and bandai did not care one bit about the show, and they likely do not truly care about digimon. This trash is close to being on level with such luminaries as madballs: Gross jokes, breadwinners, paddy the pelican, mega babies, ratatoing, and tentacolino.

Saban's anime division is dead to me.
HATE! Let me tell you how much i've come to hate you since you posted this post. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate i feel for you miru at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

I am Tempted to ask you about saban's acquirement of the Pretty Cure franchise... or should I say the Glitter Force franchise.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they seem to care more about it than they do about Power Rangers. A few episodes are surprisingly spot on faithful to the Japanese version, script wise.
Power Rangers is an adaptation. NOT a translation. Being live action it wouldn't be appropriate to be faithful.
I for one don't even care about changes. If the product is good and coherent within its universe, then that is all that matters.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they seem to care more about it than they do about Power Rangers. A few episodes are surprisingly spot on faithful to the Japanese version, script wise.
Power Rangers is an adaptation. NOT a translation. Being live action it wouldn't be appropriate to be faithful.
I for one don't even care about changes. If the product is good and coherent within its universe, then that is all that matters.
My point *

You *

Power Rangers has been suffering in quality ever since Saban got it back. Digimon Fusion has had episodes that are either hit or miss in terms of overall quality and competence, whereas Power Rangers Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce, and Super Megaforce have all thus far had FAR more misses than hits with their episodes (and even with the awful RPM/Samurai team-up movie). At least I can watch SOME of Digimon Fusion and not feel insulted by how much dumber Saban has made it, unlike the modern Saban-PR series which felt/feel so insultingly dumb almost all the time (keyword being "almost" since there are still some good/great parts to them which have thankfully become more frequent in Super Megaforce, but it's still pretty subpar overall and has a ways to go to get better, but hopefully Judd Lynn taking over Dino Charge can make things good again).

Yes, Digimon Fusion has had plenty of dumb things in it as well, but not nearly to the same frequent extent as those in the modern Saban PR series. Meaning, there is more goodness in Digimon Fusion's dub compared to the goodness in all the post-Disney PR series.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HATE! Let me tell you how much i've come to hate you since you posted this post. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate i feel for you miru at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

I am Tempted to ask you about saban's acquirement of the Pretty Cure franchise... or should I say the Glitter Force franchise.
This is a reference to something. What is it please?

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seemed as if you were being of the show for not being faithful. Syntax. But there's no need for PR to be such. I agree post disney PR is terrible. It's mainly in the writing and acting.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seemed as if you were being of the show for not being faithful. Syntax. But there's no need for PR to be such. I agree post disney PR is terrible. It's mainly in the writing and acting.
That's what I'm trying to say. The writing and acting for the Fusion dub is of a higher caliber than those of post-Disney PR series. Meaning that it feels like Saban cares a bit more about Digimon Fusion in that regard, even if there are some dumb bits in the Fusion dub as well.

TokenDuelist

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I just think the censorship is very unnecessary considering most kid shows have worse in terms of cleavage. I don't think Lilithmon needed that level of censorship, neither did Bastemon.

but more specifically - Lilymon. What is literally their deal with Lilymon?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who knows really. It's aired on Nicktoon/Vortex. And Vortex edits Justice League. But what Nicktoons' problem? No idea.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who knows really. It's aired on Nicktoon/Vortex. And Vortex edits Justice League. But what Nicktoons' problem? No idea.
Nicktoons was just using the same footage given to them by Saban. Saban dubbed it according to the CW's BSnP and didn't make a separate, less censored version for cable like FUNimation did for DBZ Kai.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I just think the censorship is very unnecessary considering most kid shows have worse in terms of cleavage. I don't think Lilithmon needed that level of censorship, neither did Bastemon.

but more specifically - Lilymon. What is literally their deal with Lilymon?
For Bastemon, I think her new clothes feel a bit more realistic for combat. A breastplate and a shirt of mail are much more protective than just a bra.

Dianne Renard

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but she is not a fighter, she's just a princess with a fancy castle in Xros Wars, and she's a lazy one even. Besides, digimon has always been more about looks than about having practical armor.

As for criticism, I just found that Fusion (and Power Rangers Megaforce) were funny enough airing in Cartoon Network rather than airing in Nickelodeon here in Latin America. To my horror, they used Fusion rather than Xros Wars as the base (We got the first four seasons mostly unedited other than dub names and missing the second opening/ending when aplicable). I think criticism towards that dub also counts towards the dubs you guys got and I have the same criticism about the HORRIBLE and POINTLESS censorship, and the changed dialogue. It went as far as Island Zone the last time I watched it, and I dunno if I can stomach seeing more of it.

DaRedGuy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lilymon. What is literally their deal with Lilymon?
I Dunno, I blame the Freaking FCC.

As for criticism, I just found that Fusion (and Power Rangers Megaforce) were funny enough airing in Cartoon Network rather than airing in Nickelodeon here in Latin America. To my horror, they used Fusion rather than Xros Wars as the base.
Saban owns the dubbing rights to the show outside of asia. So if any who wants to dub the show then they have to base it on the Digimon Fusion. Italy is the exception as The Italian channel RAI (free TV) acquired the TV rights to it before Saban made it's deal.

I think criticism towards that dub also counts towards the dubs you guys got and I have the same criticism about the HORRIBLE and POINTLESS censorship, and the changed dialogue. It went as far as Island Zone the last time I watched it, and I dunno if I can stomach seeing more of it.
All the HORRIBLE and POINTLESS censorship were done so it could air on saturday mornings on the Saban owned Vortexx block. Yeah I don't like em myself but like most morning kid blocks in they have stricter rules and whatnot. Try to watch the dub with the midset that it's a Gag Dub.

IN OTHER NEWS! DA RED GUY WILL BE POSTING WHAT HE DOES NOT LIKE ABOUT DIGIMON FUSION!
The music! We need better music! I want a insert and Digivolution songs! When Shoutmon Digivolved the music made it such a non-event! And it kinda takes you out of the action a bit. Hopefully it will get better by the next season.

Last edited: