What don't you like in Fusion?

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's this reusing VA's nonsense? Steve Blum voiced half of the cast of the 02 dub to great effect.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess you're right about that, but truth be told I never found Tactimon to be all that interesting of a villain. DarkKnightmon (or AxeKnightmon, I guess) will always be the bad guy of the series, no other villain in Xros Wars could really even come close.
Wasn't Tactimon more of an Arc Villain? Like Devimon or Etemon. Or maybe a Mid-Boss of sorts.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess you're right about that, but truth be told I never found Tactimon to be all that interesting of a villain. DarkKnightmon (or AxeKnightmon, I guess) will always be the bad guy of the series, no other villain in Xros Wars could really even come close.
Wasn't Tactimon more of an Arc Villain? Like Devimon or Etemon. Or maybe a Mid-Boss of sorts.
Well, Tactimon was the main big bad that was defeated in the season 1 finale, having been present in the series since its beginning and having fought the good guys more times than his comrades. In a way, Tactimon was the Big Bad of the first season, while others were more overarching villains for both of the first two seasons.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That'll work. Though I might say first half instead of first season.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each Digimon series with the exception of Xros Wars has consisted of two seasons of Japanese television, about 25 episodes each. Xros Wars had three seasons. The second was The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms, and the third was The Young Hunters Who Leap Through Time.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That may be my problem then. I did not know that. Thank you.

Stardramon Tamer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only thing I dislike so far is the mild adjustment to Taiki's personality.

It isn't bad, but I preferred the more modest nice guy he was originally :<

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like what has become of Akari. While not particularly a gem of a character in the original, at her best she was likable, at her worst she was still tolerable. Now, as Angie, at her best she's tolerable, while at her worst she's hateful. Episode 10 was what did it for me with her practically wishing that Mikey had let Shoutmon die instead of helping him like he did.

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like what has become of Akari. While not particularly a gem of a character in the original, at her best she was likable, at her worst she was still tolerable. Now, as Angie, at her best she's tolerable, while at her worst she's hateful. Episode 10 was what did it for me with her practically wishing that Mikey had let Shoutmon die instead of helping him like he did.
Akari was never really likable, IMO. Her entire character motivation for the first several episodes is "go home and forget about the whole evil empire threatening millions of innocent lives."

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Akari was never really likable, IMO. Her entire character motivation for the first several episodes is "go home and forget about the whole evil empire threatening millions of innocent lives."
How's that any different from past series in which the main human children wanted the same thing? Adventure, Zero Two, and Frontier all had instances where the children knew of the life-threatening danger posed by their enemies and wanted nothing more than to go back home, safe and sound away from the danger.

Akari was putting their survival above all else because that is human nature. We are all far more likely to save our own necks before anyone else's. Or at least, we make sure we are safe first before we help others so as to make sure that we can help them.

To Akari, this whole war is none of their business and they shouldn't stick their noses where they don't belong. But because they got involved, they made it their business much to Akari's chagrin. It is only natural that she'd seek a way out if she could find one since she felt that it was unfair for her to be dragged into a war she wanted no part in.

And, as you said, that's only for the first few episodes. It's not like she remains static and completely unchanged as the episodes continue.

But as for Angie, they upped her selfishness and threw in some additional spite for the dub version, making her far more offensive a character than Akari ever was.

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How's that any different from past series in which the main human children wanted the same thing? Adventure, Zero Two, and Frontier all had instances where the children knew of the life-threatening danger posed by their enemies and wanted nothing more than to go back home, safe and sound away from the danger.

Akari was putting their survival above all else because that is human nature. We are all far more likely to save our own necks before anyone else's. Or at least, we make sure we are safe first before we help others so as to make sure that we can help them.

To Akari, this whole war is none of their business and they shouldn't stick their noses where they don't belong. But because they got involved, they made it their business much to Akari's chagrin. It is only natural that she'd seek a way out if she could find one since she felt that it was unfair for her to be dragged into a war she wanted no part in.

And, as you said, that's only for the first few episodes. It's not like she remains static and completely unchanged as the episodes continue.

But as for Angie, they upped her selfishness and threw in some additional spite for the dub version, making her far more offensive a character than Akari ever was.
Well, maybe, but I find it hard to care for some reason.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Truth be told, is there anything in Xros Wars that you DO care about, or does the series itself simply not interest you? If it's the latter, then that's why all the apathy. ;)

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Truth be told, is there anything in Xros Wars that you DO care about, or does the series itself simply not interest you? If it's the latter, then that's why all the apathy. ;)
I care about the ongoing conflict between the heroes and villains, the epic fight scenes, the numerous fusions, and the mystery of DarkKnightmon and his true intentions. In other words, I care about the parts of the show that are actually worth caring about. Let's be perfectly honest here: Taiki, Akari, and Zenjiro are probably the least interesting protagonists in Digmon history.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least they weren't spiteful, though. I'd take bland characters that I'd feel indifferent towards over detestable characters that I'd feel hatred towards any day.

Last edited:

DaRedGuy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some jokes sounded forced and some of the background music sounded outplace and generic. Also the dub would benefit with some quiet moments. Oh and some insert songs.

Last edited:

Quark

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Binging on Digimon on Netflix inspired me to check out Digimon Fusion. I've been completely out of the loop since Season 4 ended, i've missed out on Data Squad, Disney dubbed films, any anything else up until this point. Unfortunately, after reviewing my thoughts I decided this was the appropriate thread to post in. So here's what I don't like...

-Any of the characters. If Ballistamon was given more than one obligatory line an episode, I think i'd like him quite a bit.

-Video Game repetition and lack of consequences. I know shows like these are repetitive by nature, but Fusion feel like it's written as a video game outline. Take portal to new level, clear the area, get your gold star, move onto next level. Rinse and repeat. I don't really feel any sense of danger or consequence in a season centered around a war. Dynasty Warriors: Digimon edition.

-I don't understand the Digi-Fuse mechanics or anything that is going on ever. Maybe i'm over thinking this one, but the whole Digi Fuse thing doesn't make sense to me. Is it something just any two Digimon can do? I thought that was the point of the Fusion Loader, but bad guys do it all the time. So what is the Fusion Loader good for, aside from carting Digimon around from level to level?

-The dub makes bewildering choices. Why is there no attempt to change Fox Fire to Howling Blaster but they remember to give IceDevimon his Christopher Walken voice? Why aren't they called Frigimon? Why Quake-a-lator? Why?

-Everything else.

I'm holding out hope because I really want to enjoy this show. I'm just not very impressed so far.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't understand the Digi-Fuse mechanics or anything that is going on ever. Maybe i'm over thinking this one, but the whole Digi Fuse thing doesn't make sense to me. Is it something just any two Digimon can do? I thought that was the point of the Fusion Loader, but bad guys do it all the time. So what is the Fusion Loader good for, aside from carting Digimon around from level to level?
The villains absorb their minions, killing them in the process. It's not the same thing as DigiFusing.

-The dub makes bewildering choices. Why is there no attempt to change Fox Fire to Howling Blaster but they remember to give IceDevimon his Christopher Walken voice? Why aren't they called Frigimon? Why Quake-a-lator? Why?
Most of the name changes are made by Bandai. The Christoper Walken voice was presumably the director's choice.

transparent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quark: When I watched Xros Wars in Japanese I watched the three stories in reverse order for a lot of the reasons you mention. I don't want to spoil, but I thought the show was better to watch after they changed everything at episode 30, either stick it out or come back then to see if you like that better. I did. Or just watch it subbed on Crunchyroll.

The disconnect is that you're talking about things that are in different people's control. The names of everything are decided at Saban, and they make weird choices. The voices are decided by the dub production, who are under a time crunch but seem to be doing their best.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay I now have to do this.

The music has been a load of pants so far, minus the OP which has grown on me. Certain stupid dub changes and inconsistencies, to me, show poor planning/checking. I can say now, I wasn't a fan of Xros which most people know, but Fusion is starting to leave a bitter taste. I'm only now watching because I've seen all the other dubs. At least the voice talent has been good.