What don't you like in Fusion?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of the voices, some of the more unnecessary/nonsensical changes (like those that make any characters seem dumber/less intelligent than they were originally), any inconsistencies, and certain name changes like "Lord Bagra", "Chibitortomon", etc.

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The music, mostly.

It's good, but it honestly can't compare. Of course, the sheer awesomeness of the Japanese soundtrack is pretty much irreplaceable to begin with, so I supposed it was a given that it'd be disappointing.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The music, mostly.

It's good, but it honestly can't compare. Of course, the sheer awesomeness of the Japanese soundtrack is pretty much irreplaceable to begin with, so I supposed it was a given that it'd be disappointing.
I really have to agree completely with this comment, that is really the only thing if I had to find something not to like but it was completely expected.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The music is very generic, I didn't expect them to keep the original Xros Wars ost obviously but the first four seasons & data squad at least had way better music when it came to the dub.

Some censorship and some edits, I get why they are necessary & why they are there, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The music is very generic, I didn't expect them to keep the original Xros Wars ost obviously but the first four seasons & data squad at least had way better music when it came to the dub.
Indeed, Data Squad had plenty of memorable tunes that I often find myself humming them every now and then. For this show, though, I can't remember anything beyond the theme song.

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed, Data Squad had plenty of memorable tunes that I often find myself humming them every now and then. For this show, though, I can't remember anything beyond the theme song.
I have to disagree here. The music to Data Squad was the most generic rock soundtrack I'd ever heard in my life. Say what you will about the first three seasons' themes, but at least they were memorable.

I'd also like to point out that most of the major songs, such as those in the DigiFuse sequences, are actually rearrangements of the theme song with different instruments.

Last edited:

Phantom

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Data sqaud had great evolution music ! probably the best out of every season dub and id say it was even better than the Savers ones except for BIG TIME CHANGES, which dident play nearly enough.

for fusion, I dislike the voice of Ballistamon it sounds really annoying, I dont like the name jeremy for Zenjouo or his voic for that matter it sounds like he needs to clear his throat constantly , i hate the name "fusion fighters" with a passion because it just sounds silly, I dislike how Mikey says "Digi fuse" in stead of digi fusion or digi xros it sounds like hes mid way through sentence and he just decides not to say the rest. It also annoys me how they keep reusing vocie actors, Nenes is a iconic character her vocie deserves her own VA I dont like reusing for major charachters, the decison to use old voice actors is even wireder because of young hunters. Im noy really a fan of how they made Taki...Mikey! less modest, it fine early on but it will lead to him acting out of character later in the show. My final dislike that I can think of now is the changing of Shoutmons english moves, now i can understand hard rock damashi begin changed but the others ? I loved hearing them get called out in the original and the new names arent bad apart from firey fast ball, but they should just use the originals

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nenes is a iconic character her vocie deserves her own VA I dont like reusing for major charachters, the decison to use old voice actors is even wireder because of young hunters.
The original Xros Wars reused VAs all the time though. Japanese Nene shares an actor with Cutemon, Lilithmon, Taiki's mom, and Ren. There are several other actors who have more than one major role as well.

Really it would have been easier to say you just dont like Fusion in general.

Phantom

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original Xros Wars reused VAs all the time though. Japanese Nene shares an actor with Cutemon, Lilithmon, Taiki's mom, and Ren. There are several other actors who have more than one major role as well.
I meant reusing main charaters from previous seasons, not resuing one VA for multiple roles eveyone does that, however using previous manin charaters VAs takes away from making the new character as unqie and iconic as they should be

Really it would have been easier to say you just dont like Fusion in general.
I do like things about it, see my post in the opposite thread to this one

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I meant reusing main charaters from previous seasons, not resuing one VA for multiple roles eveyone does that, however using previous manin charaters VAs takes away from making the new character as unqie and iconic as they should be
The original Xros Wars did that as well, Dorulumon for instance was played by Tentomon, Damemon by Joe, Sparrowmon by Kristy and so on. The thing is that when you have an extensive cast of characters like this series, you're bound to be using the same voice actors for them. What matters is if those voice actors fit the role they're given, not if they have had a previous credit in the franchise.

TheWizardCassidy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't like the guy who does jeremys voice, i think
his name is Derek Stephen Prince i've heard his
work a few other places, his voice literally drives
me up a wall and ruins any scene he is in that and the constant
leaking and mixing up of episodes

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't like the guy who does jeremys voice, i think
his name is Derek Stephen Prince i've heard his
work a few other places, his voice literally drives
me up a wall and ruins any scene he is in that and the constant
leaking and mixing up of episodes
Derek Stephen Prince is a Digimon dubbing veteran, having provided the voices for all of the following:

• DemiDevimon (Adventure)
  • Digitamamon (Adventure and Zero Two)
  • Piedmon (Adventure)
  • DemiVeemon / Veemon / ExVeemon / Paildramon (with Paul St. Peter) / Imperialdramon (with Paul St. Peter) (Zero Two)
  • Ken Ichijouji / Digimon Emperor (Zero Two)
  • Impmon / Beelzemon (Tamers)
  • Takehito Uehara (Tamers, Movie 5)
  • Grumblemon / Gigasmon (Frontier)
  • Dynasmon (Frontier)

TheWizardCassidy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool didn't know that but i haven't watched since season 1
and the fact that they can get veteran voice actors back
at all is awesome. i just don't like his particular voice it's
actually the least of fusions problems. Witch i mentioned is
the fact that it's been on 2 networks already and episodes
get leaked constantly.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something I have come to dislike in this dub is its portrayal of Tactimon. My goodness, they flat out RUINED the character! They took a really cool villain who was mostly calm-minded, stoic, honorable, and knew when to and when not to speak, and then turned him into this arrogant, high-pitched loudmouth of a slimeball who never EVER shuts up how he's so amazing and everyone else is so pathetic. Good grief, dubbers, just because he has no visibly-moving mouth doesn't mean every second of his screentime needs to be padded in with so much egotistical jibber-jabber and incessant rambling from him. :mad:

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something I have come to dislike in this dub is its portrayal of Tactimon. My goodness, they flat out RUINED the character! They took a really cool villain who was mostly calm-minded, stoic, honorable, and knew when to and when not to speak, and then turned him into this arrogant, high-pitched loudmouth of a slimeball who never EVER shuts up how he's so amazing and everyone else is so pathetic. Good grief, dubbers, just because he has no visibly-moving mouth doesn't mean every second of his screentime needs to be padded in with so much egotistical jibber-jabber and incessant rambling from him. :mad:
Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with, he's been shown repeatedly even in Japanese to be quite ruthless and arrogant. Just listen to how he speaks of the others when he grows humongous at the end of the first arc. Anyone who refers to his enemies as "insects" is far from honorable.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with,
Towards Bagramon, he was. Now he's all "Even Bagra himself fears my power!" and talks about how Dorulumon could have ruled the world alongside him (Tactimon, that is) when it's Bagramon who would rule. In the original, Tactimon was far more respectful towards his master's power and authority. Here, though, he's Starscream. :rolleyes:

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with,
Towards Bagramon, he was. Now he's all "Even Bagra himself fears my power!" and talks about how Dorulumon could have ruled the world alongside him (Tactimon, that is) when it's Bagramon who would rule. In the original, Tactimon was far more respectful towards his master's power and authority. Here, though, he's Starscream. :rolleyes:
I guess you're right about that, but truth be told I never found Tactimon to be all that interesting of a villain. DarkKnightmon (or AxeKnightmon, I guess) will always be the bad guy of the series, no other villain in Xros Wars could really even come close.

GeneralMikey

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there isn't too much I find myself disliking about the dub. a minor nitpick is how the opening spoils some of the DigiFusions that haven't happened yet, whereas the Japanese openings were more careful about that.

as for the stuff that realy bugs me, as sombody who grew up with the english dub and most of the time uses dub terms, it bothers me when this dub has Digimon or attack names that are inconsistent with past dubs

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can understand not liking them, but naming inconsistencies in the dub are hardly new.