What do you want to see in an actual virtual pet remaster/remake?

Calanthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you want to see in a proper virtual pet remaster/remake?

The 20th anniversary virtual pets still used the same hardware and lcd screens. Idk about you, but to me, every improvement is not yet a remake/remaster, but an expansion. But a good expansion nonetheless.

I think a proper virtual pet remaster/remake requires more intense improvements, like in terms of graphics, gameplay, etc.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Colour LCD screens would be a nice start!

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know a lot of people are really fixated on getting color screens or upping the screen resolution, but I personally couldn't care less about that stuff. It drives the price of the device up, honestly doesn't look as charming to me, and would probably make the device way bulkier too. I think a ton of work went into the ver. 20th devices too, so its awfully harsh to say they use the same hardware when one glance at the circuit board would tell you that is definitely not the case. Even the shell was redone to accommodate smaller batteries. It was reworked from the ground up, and almost everything works differently from the original devices when you compare them.

If I could pick one thing I've seen that does seem like a cool thing to bring to a remake, it would be the RPG-like leveling and questing system used the the Digital Monster X devices. It's a really cool idea from a gameplay perspective.

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't care about the actual improvement per se BUT BANDAI they need to sell the digivice/vpet spare parts to the customer!

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a backlight. Color and big sprites are neato, but a backlight would be nice so I can watch digimon while raising digimon. I can't see my little friend if the lights are off. :c Also also, something like the Pendulum X quest mode with unique paths and items and unique evolution systems. In fact, just color the Pen X, throw all digimon from versions 1.0-3.0 in it, give it a backlight and take away the XAI dice rolling and call it a day tbh. The pen X was one of the best pets that was somewhat ruined by the dice rolling (in no circumstances should you ever be able to get a megahit and only do 1 damage like it does because of rolling a 1 on dice).

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Back. Lit. Color. LCD. Screens.
Tamagotchi On has this and in general I have no idea why v-pets don't utilize Tamagotchi's innovations when it's literally the same company.

One thing Digimon v-pets really need to do is to have an official way to play against people online. There are fans who have made devices you use to hook your v-pet up to a computer in order to battle people online and these fans have even made little RPG worlds where you can see other players walk around and you see the battles recreated with better graphics on your computer in real time as the battle also happens on your physical v-pet's screen, and they're doing this all from just the simple signals being sent from the original v-pet device's two prongs. I really wish Bandai was helping to officially support this logical step in innovation

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just make an app already. Not in place of the LCD handhelds of course, just in addition to.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like them to stop it with the multiple waves and the limited-edition preorders ;)

It just seems like trying to make more money rather than what's good for the community.

So... Make fewer models, and put more into each one.

Calanthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Back. Lit. Color. LCD. Screens.
Tamagotchi On has this and in general I have no idea why v-pets don't utilize Tamagotchi's innovations when it's literally the same company.

One thing Digimon v-pets really need to do is to have an official way to play against people online. There are fans who have made devices you use to hook your v-pet up to a computer in order to battle people online and these fans have even made little RPG worlds where you can see other players walk around and you see the battles recreated with better graphics on your computer in real time as the battle also happens on your physical v-pet's screen, and they're doing this all from just the simple signals being sent from the original v-pet device's two prongs. I really wish Bandai was helping to officially support this logical step in innovation
I was thinking the same thing. Just didn't know how others will feel about something radical. I think there should be a way to save/backup the raised digimon forever but online. So you'd have a digital history of digimon raised. And when your LCD handheld finally dies on you, and you have grown up, and the device turned to stone, like in LE Kizuna, your legacy lasts.

Just make an app already. Not in place of the LCD handhelds of course, just in addition to.
Yep, something to rival Pokemon Go. We live in 2020. But are still getting virtual pet expansions instead of remakes/remasters.

I'd like them to stop it with the multiple waves and the limited-edition preorders ;)

It just seems like trying to make more money rather than what's good for the community.

So... Make fewer models, and put more into each one.
I actually don't mind the idea behind raising more money, if that money is in support of a greater project. Like a kickstarter for an actual remake/remaster. Still, many ways for this noble idea to not go the way as planned, and devolve into a money scheme after all.

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A cradle to recharge [internal] battery/put your mons to sleep; integrated D-com/online function or Bluetooth to phone in the cradle

Firmware updates? DLC?