What do you hope for in the new Digimon Story game?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think a new feature for the game is in order; the Digimon Hopper. It works like Pokémon’s transfer features from the past, allowing you to bring over your Digimon from Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory. Multiple difficulty settings and rewards for playing on hard would tie into this; playing on the hard mode allows you to import older Digimon right away.

Again, more species would be appreciated.
wouldn't transferring them over make more sense on easy than hard?

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think a new feature for the game is in order; the Digimon Hopper. It works like Pokémon’s transfer features from the past, allowing you to bring over your Digimon from Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory. Multiple difficulty settings and rewards for playing on hard would tie into this; playing on the hard mode allows you to import older Digimon right away. Again, more species would be appreciated.
wouldn't transferring them over make more sense on easy than hard?
Any difficulty can transfer them over. Hard just has more difficult wild encounters and bosses to make up for the ability to transfer them over from the start. I’d also like to see some more optional post-game bosses to encounter, even without much story relevance.

Liddell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some kind of retrocompatibility would be nice. Transfering digimon from CS/HM and such.

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actual variation of scenery and a decent trip to the Digital World. EDEN's blue squares got boring fast in Cyber Sleuth.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something that didn't click with me in both CS/HM was the whole "having to scan Digimon multiple times in order to get them". While it could have been worse (i.e a Negotiation mechanic like SMT), I still would've preferred a more simplistic gotta catch 'em all sorta thing.

Meanwhile, I was re-watching some Digimon Hunters recently and I noticed that the whole "Hunting" aspect was poorly explored (among other things) and it made me think, what if they tried to incorporate that idea into a Story game proper? Have a bunch of kids end up in the Digital World and they treat it like a game of Pokémon where they try to catch all the Digimon at first, something goes horribly wrong and they learn some life lessons and become true "Hunters" that help protect the Digital World by tracking down bad guys.

Just a little something I was mulling over, trying to better integrate story and gameplay mechanics.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can act more modest about it but to be blunt, an Olympos XII focused plot 👀
Also, unite the entire Bancho team!