What do you hope for in the new Digimon Story game?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling that they will add the x-program in the game. We might get a chance to get Agumon X or Guilmon X in the game. They been working hard on the X Digimon lately, all the way up to adding two more Royal Knights. I bet that is the beginning to add more, like Patamon or Elecmon to the X-program

PCN24454

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They have? What are you looking at specifically because I haven't been able to find any.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He'll be referrin to the mobile games

I don't want any X mons.

Guilmonstrum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want the digital world to be the main hub instead of Tokyo. I loved Cyber Sleuth's locations and it made sense for the story, but I'd love to see a Digimon Story more deeply rooted in the digital world. I would also love them to expand on the farm from Cyber Sleuth

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want the digital world to be the main hub instead of Tokyo. I loved Cyber Sleuth's locations and it made sense for the story, but I'd love to see a Digimon Story more deeply rooted in the digital world. I would also love them to expand on the farm from Cyber Sleuth
Survive seems to be in the DW only

I don't get when people say this though, I thought Eden was the DW of Cyber Sleuth until the end of the first CS lmao

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
4: Add some appmon. Please. Even if they're only the obvious ones like Gatchmon and Hackmon. I'll still be grateful.
Adding in Appmon wouldn't be a terrible idea, I guess, but Hackmon in particular would be tricky due to the fact that the original Hackmon is already in the games. The least awkward way I could think of to get around that is a Mode Change. They could make them Hackmon Digi Mode and Hackmon App Mode, and allow people to switch.

Other than that, I echo what people say about putting a stronger emphasis on the bond between tamer and partner. They should do what Persona has done with Teddie and Morgana and give your original partner Digimon a "social link" that progresses automatically as part of the plot. You don't have to use Teddie or Morgana in your party once you get enough other members (and Teddie doesn't even become playable until a certain point in the game), so I don't see why this mechanic would stop anyone from training their original partner on the farm for a while either.

I'd also like an ending that has meaningful consequences on the game's worlds and doesn't just try to retcon most of the story in a few minutes after you've just spent the whole time playing through it. Both Cyber Sleuth games' endings were disappointing, especially the first one.

Last edited:

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
4: Add some appmon. Please. Even if they're only the obvious ones like Gatchmon and Hackmon. I'll still be grateful.
Adding in Appmon wouldn't be a terrible idea, I guess, but Hackmon in particular would be tricky due to the fact that the original Hackmon is already in the games. The least awkward way I could think of to get around that is a Mode Change. They could make them Hackmon Digi Mode and Hackmon App Mode, and allow people to switch.
I reckon it'd work if they just did something similar to Greymon (Blue), and had Hackmon (App).

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I reckon it'd work if they just did something similar to Greymon (Blue), and had Hackmon (App).
Aren't they Hackmon and Huckmon though, only the dub has that problem

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aren't they Hackmon and Huckmon though, only the dub has that problem
Even if they took the romanization seriously in that context (which I doubt they do) Japanese game wouldn't use those names anyway. They would use the standard kana spelling of the names and those are identical. Not that it's a big problem in the first place.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They don't even really need different names. And they could always just add a parenthetical suffix to the Appmon.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it'll be fine, if Appmon show up it'll just be the main one and his mate just like Shoutmon/Gumdramon in Next Order and Agunimon/Lobomon in Cyber Sleuth. They aint gonna go Appmon crazy when we barely have Fusion and Frontier representation

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another thing I just thought of:

After the opening chapter of the game, Persona 1 gave players a choice between two different routes (the SEBEC route and the Snow Queen Quest) that had completely different stories and endings. I'd love it if a Digimon Story game did something similar. Like, for instance, they could have a Virus Busters route and a Nightmare Soldiers route and let players choose. This would make people more inclined to do a New Game Plus so they can see both storylines, and it could also give some more character development to groups like the Royal Knights and the Demon Lords.

LeoWolfish

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Assuming they just update the models from the earlier Cyber Sleuth games I would like all the digimon lines from Hacker's memory to return as well as the inclusion of digimon from previous story games that were left out after they went from sprites to 3D models.

Having the Coronamon line to go with the Lunamon one, Dolphmon (aka Rukamon), Devidramon, Karatenmon, Kyukimon, Allomon, Kotemon and Anubismon are just a few that were in the dawn and dusk games that were missing from the Cyber sleuth ones which are not recolours off of the top of my head. That I think would go well if added back in.

Seeing some digimon that were not in dawn and dusk such as the Dobermon to Cerberumon line complete with it's werewolf (Jinrou) mode. Astamon (as an actual digimon not a medal), Witchmon, Buraimon (which makes a nice counter part to Karatenmon), Fangmon, Baromon and Bastemon would all fit in well somewhere with the ones already in the Cyber sleuth roster. None of these are recolours either.

Another thing I just thought of:

After the opening chapter of the game, Persona 1 gave players a choice between two different routes (the SEBEC route and the Snow Queen Quest) that had completely different stories and endings. I'd love it if a Digimon Story game did something similar. Like, for instance, they could have a Virus Busters route and a Nightmare Soldiers route and let players choose. This would make people more inclined to do a New Game Plus so they can see both storylines, and it could also give some more character development to groups like the Royal Knights and the Demon Lords.
This, as much as I enjoy the later Persona games I do miss this aspect to it and I agree it could work well in a digimon story game. However I would personally want something to do with the Olympos XII or maybe the four Great dragons versus the four Holy beasts if they could come up with a good reason for it.

I'd also like an ending that has meaningful consequences on the game's worlds and doesn't just try to retcon most of the story in a few minutes after you've just spent the whole time playing through it. Both Cyber Sleuth games' endings were disappointing, especially the first one.
Again this, as fun as I found both games the ending were a real let down for me. I really hope even if the digimon have to leave, which for once I hope they don't as I want to see an actual post game that shows the repercussions for that. I do not want to see everything reset via peoples memories being changed or worse the it was just a dream situation.

Personally while I can understand where you are coming from I would rather see a Mix of the two. Where story wise you have to go back and forth between the Digital world and Earth. A bit like Digimon 02 but not as episodic. I would also like both to be as open worlded as possible. And maybe visit other parts of Japan outside Tokyo.

Another thing I would like to see is a return of domination battles. The how and why would have to depend on the story but the general idea of it could still work I think.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really play Digimon games because they're often released on consoles I do not own in countries that are far away from me, but if there would be a game that would be accessible even to me (like Survive), I would love to see in them all Digimons that are available up to date. Pokemon games can have a gazillion or two of monsters, so I'm sure Digimon games can have too. It would be nice if Digimons could be somewhat unique too like having unique abilities, attacks that have unique effects &c. Demons in SMT games for example have iconic and/or signature attacks like for example Alice's "Die for me!" that has a 100% chance of killing an enemy. Also I would like if the game would not have any 3D elements. They increase the costs too much that otherwise could be spent elsewhere (for example to have a longer plot with more characters, dungeons and routes).

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really play Digimon games because they're often released on consoles I do not own in countries that are far away from me, but if there would be a game that would be accessible even to me (like Survive), I would love to see in them all Digimons that are available up to date. Pokemon games can have a gazillion or two of monsters, so I'm sure Digimon games can have too. It would be nice if Digimons could be somewhat unique too like having unique abilities, attacks that have unique effects &c. Demons in SMT games for example have iconic and/or signature attacks like for example Alice's "Die for me!" that has a 100% chance of killing an enemy. Also I would like if the game would not have any 3D elements. They increase the costs too much that otherwise could be spent elsewhere (for example to have a longer plot with more characters, dungeons and routes).
That's how it works in the Story games, Every Digimon has their own attack so of course WarGreymon has Terra Force or Chuumon has Cheese Bomb

and Alice's Die for me isn't 100% in Persona

and longer plot? the last two story games are already 60+ hours, 100 on hard.

I think what you stated is way outdated tbh, what was the last game you played? 3D is fine, they've been recycling the models from one game to the next

and what consoles do you have? because I'm 99.9% sure a PS4 is released in Poland... youre in the EU, even if it wasnt just order from the UK or France or something

You mentioned Survive so Im thinking PC but you also mention SMT, so I guess 3DS

also Pokemon is the highest selling frnachise of all time and has 807 monsters, so you thin Digimon can get to 1400?

and if you dont wanna get a PS4, you could get a second hand Vita for like 20 euros

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do not own 3DS, my newest console is NDS, and I played SMTs on it (both DeSu and SJ). Last Digimon game I played (excluding that Android one) was Battle Spirts on GBA. I will purchase Survive once it will hit Steam, but I doubt I will find enough spare time to even launch it, let alone play it. That's why I'm reluctant about buying a new console - because probably it will be a waste of money on a thing that only will be gathering dust. Thought I made an oath that I will purchase any console that Golden Sun will be released on, but unfortunately this series is long dead, so I doubt that anytime soon I will have to worry about that ;).

LeoWolfish

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do not own 3DS, my newest console is NDS, and I played SMTs on it (both DeSu and SJ). Last Digimon game I played (excluding that Android one) was Battle Spirts on GBA. I will purchase Survive once it will hit Steam, but I doubt I will find enough spare time to even launch it, let alone play it. That's why I'm reluctant about buying a new console - because probably it will be a waste of money on a thing that only will be gathering dust. Thought I made an oath that I will purchase any console that Golden Sun will be released on, but unfortunately this series is long dead, so I doubt that anytime soon I will have to worry about that ;).
Have you ever played or considered playing some of the digimon games such as Dawn and Dusk that came out for the NDS?

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have you ever played or considered playing some of the digimon games such as Dawn and Dusk that came out for the NDS?
Dawn and Dusk - and World DS, Championship, and World Data Squad, for that matter - were never released in Europe. So unless his DS is a lite, which is region-free, he couldn't play them.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dawn and Dusk - and World DS, Championship, and World Data Squad, for that matter - were never released in Europe. So unless his DS is a lite, which is region-free, he couldn't play them.
I mean, I literally played every single one except World Data (cuz the PS2 isnt region free)

and even if he "doesn't have a DS Lite", he can get one for like £20... or just get a 3DS. (I just looked on Google and you can legit get a DS Lite for just over £20)

If he wanted to play them he would so he's more or less intentionally not playing them

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think a new feature for the game is in order; the Digimon Hopper. It works like Pokémon’s transfer features from the past, allowing you to bring over your Digimon from Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory. Multiple difficulty settings and rewards for playing on hard would tie into this; playing on the hard mode allows you to import older Digimon right away.

Again, more species would be appreciated.