What are your Digimon headcanons?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe this isn't even a head-canon, but I just realized that when Takato drew Guilmon, he probably got the bat-ears from Patamon.

MangaB

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My theory is that the Reptile-type Gabumon and its variants are synapsids -- reptilian-like ancestors of modern mammals. That's why it is usually able to evole into the Beast-type Garurumon, and why the X-Antibody version of Gabumon is a Beast-Type.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, that doesn't sound too bad of an idea. It might be one of those things they say in the official sites.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that Gabumon headcanon is now my headcanon

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon has Adult form. It's binity. Two in One. One in Two. One is an angel digimon with devil wings. One is a devil digimon with angel wings.
The Adult form is unstable. They cannot exist together they only bring destruction for themselves. So Lucemon Adult, both the angel and devil, merge to evolve to Lucemon FM.
Every time Lucemon evolves, Lucemon warp evolves to the Perfect form to avoid that destructive Adult form.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Again, not sure if this is a head-canon, but in Survive:
Minoru is a fan of My Hero Accademia, and styles himself loosely after Midoriya with his hair and clothes.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mameo's Mamemon becomes MetalMamemon first before becoming Machinedramon.
We know Mameo has access to altering Mamemons into MetalMamemons (in DW1 via the Guardromon toward the end of Factoria Town), MetalMamemon can become Machinedramon in Next Order while Mamemon cannot, and Metal Mamemon just has more traits in common with Machinedramon thanks to the Psycho Blaster

Rimokon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I
I don't know if this would count as headcount or not, but I noticed that Gammamon's evolutions are named after the brightest stars in the night sky, namely:

BetelGammamon - Betelgeuse (from Orion)
KausGammamon - Kaus Australis (from Sagittarius)
WezenGammamon - Wezen (from Canis Major)
GulusGammamon - Regulus (from Leo)

Canoweissmon is a combination of Canopus (from Carina) and Weiss (german for white). Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky.

So, it may be safe to say that Gammamon's Ultimate / Mega Level evolution name will be based on Sirius (from Canis Major) at some level, as Sirius is currently the brightest star in the night sky.
I don't follow Ghost Game, but this is an interesting plot point.

Not per se an issue regarding headcanons, but I would like to better understand the rationale for why Gatomon and Kari didn't part ways early on within Kizuna. If anyone has a headcanon for that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Not something I've given much thought to, but prior to the events of Tri, I suspect that there may have been a scrapped plot of the 02 Digimon having been the original Chosen Children (Pre-Adventure 01).
With the latest update on the Gammamon BE Memory, this can now be called canon, perhaps?

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I just had a thought: hypothetically, let's say the anime featured a main character with a Digimon like Arcadimon or Algomon as their Partner. A Digimon that retains its name throughout its entire evolution line. How would the evolution sequences work? Would, say, Arcadimon shout "Arcadimon shinka...... Arcadimon!"? Would it explicitly state its stage names, like "Arcadimon Seichouki shinka...... Arcadimon Seijukuki!"? Or maybe it would simply state "Arcadimon shinka!" or even just "Shinka!", with no other name following it.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or maybe it would simply state "Arcadimon shinka!" or even just "Shinka!", with no other name following it.
this is the headcanon I would personally go with.
It would actually be more awkward to figure out the dub lingo. "Algomon, digivolve!" just feels a bit too third person but that could also play into their inorganic theme

something I 100% don't believe is actually true as it's obviously just a coincidence but I find it fun to headcanon anyways.

In the same year of 1997 that the Digital Monster, and by extension Mamemon, were released to the world, an emulator known as MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) also debuted just a month prior which was designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention of MAME's development was "to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten". Despite being the great-grandfather of all modern arcade emulators, MAME is still the go-to choice for most people and was even last updated 5 days ago.

Anyways, it's fun for me to imagine Mamemon having been produced in a computer from this specific program. There's the obvious name connection, Mamemon and Prince Mamemon's resemblance to arcade era characters (notably Pac-Man) as well as CatchMamemon being heavily inspired by arcade claw machines, and Mamemon's Data typing, Perfect level, and small size/simple graphics just feeling right for a lifeform that came from an arcade emulator

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It also makes sense because Mamemon evolved in a harsh environment, which describes old-school coin-eating games pretty well.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does make some sense. I could see where it could come from.

PajiramonTamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its my head canon that Pillomon's Ultimate/Perfect form is Pajiramon. Pillomon's form is based on counting sheep to fall asleep and Pajiramon's description on Wikimon states "--it is a powerful figure who rules the world of dreams."

Plus they're both sheep.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...You know. That makes sense. As much as anything really. Good idea.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its my head canon that Pillomon's Ultimate/Perfect form is Pajiramon. Pillomon's form is based on counting sheep to fall asleep and Pajiramon's description on Wikimon states "--it is a powerful figure who rules the world of dreams."

Plus they're both sheep.
It could be. And Sheepmon is the Adult form. Not only because it evolved to Pajiramon in many things before, but also, Sheepmon also can make others who watch the sheep, sleep.

PajiramonTamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Plus they're both sheep.
It could be. And Sheepmon is the Adult form. Not only because it evolved to Pajiramon in many things before, but also, Sheepmon also can make others who watch the sheep, sleep.
I really want to be able to use this line in something, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Plus they're both sheep.
And then they're Mega will be Gulfmon, I guess : P.

PajiramonTamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Plus they're both sheep.
And then they're Mega will be Gulfmon, I guess : P.
I'll take it lol
Or have a split with Gulfmon being a 'nightmare' route and something else as a 'good' route.