What are your Digimon headcanons?

Miragecoordinator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only File Island was actually confirmed to be a test, but the same being true for Etemon is unlikely.
I'll have to concede on Etemon; this was the weakest point.
While Gennai brought the Digimon to File Island intentionally, the Crests were at this point already stolen by Piemon, so the chosen children finding them on Server Continent was not something that the Homeostasis should have been able to influence
What I had in mind wasn't that it orchestrated *all* of the events of File Island per se but simply made the chips fall in the best feasible direction.
About the strength of the villains, it's not really a weird coincidence but more of a storytelling compulsion because... the Chosen Children obviously had to win, had Etemon just murdered them in episode 15... well the anime would have ended right then.
Yes, but suspension of disbelief is more fun.

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a headcannon that Dub Davis is on the autism spectrum, like me.

I have social anxiety and Aspergers syndrome, and when I was his age I tried way too hard to make friends, and I know looking back that I just came off as annoying and off putting.

But when I did make a friend (And I had exactly one at that age) I was loyal to a fault and stuck by them, like he was with Ken.

Rimokon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if this would count as headcanon or not, but I noticed that Gammamon's evolutions are named after the brightest stars in the night sky, namely:

BetelGammamon - Betelgeuse (from Orion)
KausGammamon - Kaus Australis (from Sagittarius)
WezenGammamon - Wezen (from Canis Major)
GulusGammamon - Regulus (from Leo)

Canoweissmon is a combination of Canopus (from Carina) and Weiss (german for white). Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky.

So, it may be safe to say that Gammamon's Ultimate / Mega Level evolution name will be based on Sirius (from Canis Major) at some level, as Sirius is currently the brightest star in the night sky.

Last edited:

JR9386

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if this would count as headcount or not, but I noticed that Gammamon's evolutions are named after the brightest stars in the night sky, namely:

BetelGammamon - Betelgeuse (from Orion)
KausGammamon - Kaus Australis (from Sagittarius)
WezenGammamon - Wezen (from Canis Major)
GulusGammamon - Regulus (from Leo)

Canoweissmon is a combination of Canopus (from Carina) and Weiss (german for white). Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky.

So, it may be safe to say that Gammamon's Ultimate / Mega Level evolution name will be based on Sirius (from Canis Major) at some level, as Sirius is currently the brightest star in the night sky.
I don't follow Ghost Game, but this is an interesting plot point.

Not per se an issue regarding headcanons, but I would like to better understand the rationale for why Gatomon and Kari didn't part ways early on within Kizuna. If anyone has a headcanon for that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Not something I've given much thought to, but prior to the events of Tri, I suspect that there may have been a scrapped plot of the 02 Digimon having been the original Chosen Children (Pre-Adventure 01).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, that makes some sense and, it could be cool of a name. Good idea.

JR9386

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Splashmon is an alternate H-Spirit of Water. I have no clue what to make of why he turns into a water tiger, but there it is.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, Karn EX on Youtube said that too. Basically the male version. And the tiger part is the best spirit.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just talking about Archnemon in another thread, and I just remembered a theory I long had about Dark Towers. If one tower equals an Adult, ten towers equal a Perfect, and a hundred towers equal an Ultimate, it should stand to reason that fragments of a Dark Tower could be converted into Child Digimon and below. Not that Archnemon would have any practical reason to make them, but I'm a little amused at the idea of a small, handheld piece of black stone being turned into a Botamon or something.

JR9386

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not necessarily head canon, per se, given that it lends itself to fan fic territory, but I've held to some loose theory that the creators of the show possibly intended to address humans going digital. Not in the manner of the Frontiersmen, or the Tamers (Well...), but rather Alice, Gennai, and Oikawa (I wanted to use Menoa/Maki as an honorable mention, but alas...). I know that technically Gennai isn't human, and I believe that's the case with Alice (IIRC), but Oikawa's story could have taken on a much darker twist if they had explored the consequences of Kizuna within it. Namely what happens when a tamer becomes so obsessed with the Digital World that they'll stop at nothing to make themselves a part of it, all to the point of sacrificing their humanity in the process. Maybe this has been done in other material within the franchise, but I personally am not familiar with any such material. Pokémon and Jurassic Park touched on a similar theme in so far as human cloning is concerned and the ethical concerns regarding the process. BlackWarGreymon, Labramon, and Morphomon's origins lead me to suspect this to be the case, but it wasn't as fleshed out.

Heck, Tri could have set up that issue perfectly, or even a reboot of 02, with the fragmented consciousness of a former tamer being what gives rise to the Digimon Emperor, but that becomes unnecessarily dualistic.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quartzmon was deliberately preventing Shoutmon and Imperialdramon from using their best possible forms, as well as keeping the manga and game heroes (and DORUmon) at bay, using copies of the other main villains in the series (D-Reaper, Lucemon, Kurata, Bagramon, etc) to hold them off, and also creating a barrier to prevent long-range DigiXros, which also prevented Omegamon from sending his power to Imperialdramon. Had he sent the other villain copies out, the manga/game heroes would follow him and he would be toast much, much faster.

Furthermore, his DigiTama would hatch into… Zurumon, the only DM Baby 1 not in Adventure’s main roster.

Mr_Web

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quartzmon was deliberately preventing Shoutmon and Imperialdramon from using their best possible forms, as well as keeping the manga and game heroes (and DORUmon) at bay, using copies of the other main villains in the series (D-Reaper, Lucemon, Kurata, Bagramon, etc) to hold them off, and also creating a barrier to prevent long-range DigiXros, which also prevented Omegamon from sending his power to Imperialdramon. Had he sent the other villain copies out, the manga/game heroes would follow him and he would be toast much, much faster.

Furthermore, his DigiTama would hatch into… Zurumon, the only DM Baby 1 not in Adventure’s main roster.
This headcanon implies that the protag of the Cyber Sleuth was dealing with Lucemon or something like that, investigating what was going on, and you know what i love that idea. Made me realize a villain swap would be so cool. Imagine the Tamer crew fighting a human like Kurata or Frontier crew fighting the eldritch-horror of the D-Reaper. That crossover fun is something I wish Digimon did more than just once.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rosemon have heterochromia; one eye is like Lilimon’s and the other is more human-like.

grendel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every Leomon is actually Sean Bean in a fur suit. Except Adventure 2020, that dude is an imposter.

More seriously, I headcanon Ryo in Tamers as a changeling. He was swapped out with another child and their parents’ memories were modified to believe he’d been there all along.

JR9386

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neptunemon and Ancientmermaimon are related to the Seraphimon and Ophanimon lines.

Rimokon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As Ghost Game has horror themes, I think the "main" digimon (with matching DIM cards) are based on various fantasy creatures/cryptids/stock monsters:

Gammamon is obviously a dragon, and his evolutions are different types of dragon, with Cannoweissmon having a straight-up draconic appearance.

Angoramon is a werebeast, with his evolutions as the levels/stages of werebeast transformation, Lamortmon being the most beastly in appearance and actions.

Jellymon may be based on various nature spirits, like nymphs and undines, which are sometimes have mischievous natures. Her evolution into Thetismon turns her into a minor Greek sea deity.

Espimon is an alien/cyborg, looking somewhat made up of jelly and steel. His evolution HoverEspimon is somewhat riding a UFO.

Ryudamon (maybe a stretch) is a yokai. His (forced) evolution into Gyukimon is based on an Ushioni, an ox demon.

yoyoitJac

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought on what Digimon are made of in the Human world

I wanted to weigh in on this topic cause i love speculative stuff like this. A lot of it comes down to sorts of headcanons that may combine interpretations from multiple continuities:

Going from tamers (and shades of other continuities):
It appears that the digital world is a dimension that Already just exists, the network somehow gets translated to it.

Might be more fanfic-y but my interpretation of the Digital world:
its very 'Loose' in the sense that VR is a thing, it was there but completely barren until we started coding electronics to carry signals that carried to this sort of plane. Theres no real intersection between the worlds save for communications, though you can 'See' it when stuff starts going down, its more like a screen.

--Carrying On--

We hear that Digimon in tamers form "False proteins" from the air and 'Surrounding Matter' using this Digital field that we see as a fog. In the episode with Gorilamon we see that this Field can be condensed and Mobile before it fully emerges. I additionally like the idea that a majority of the mass a digimon has, at least initially, is water, so here's my theory:

The Digital field is a Fog of water vapor being manipulated by digimon using wireless signals and electromagnetic fields (water is SOMEWHAT Magnetic! If you have a strong enough magnet by water pouring from a faucet itll bend!)
So digimon use this Field of Water Vapor to collect matter, such as dust, pollen, various organic residues that arent sturdy enough to withstand being "Scrubbed" away by the fog, so most still-living things on a multicellular scale are safe, but things like bacteria, pollen fungal spores, dirt (etc) are used to create biomass for the digimon, however such a reaction requires MASSIVE amounts of energy, which would be so helpfully provided by all the wireless transmitters and powerlines all around the human world, along with some level of electrical charge in the atmosphere.
Once the digital field has the minimal needed amount of Biomass and other misc matter to form a body, the digital field initiates a charge to create a chain reaction to rapidly make a new body. The amount of energy being used and translated throws off a lot of light, the pillar of light we see in each emergence and evolution would be this electrical surge. Digimon being extremely hungry and gluttonous in the human world would be in order to assimilate more biomass and become stronger, the more biomass theyve retained in their bodies the less they need to pull from their environment in order to evolve.

Im not a physicist but thats how I've been interpreting it

Miragecoordinator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Likely binary data that has been translated to organic matter. One could represent the four nucleotides (guanine, adenine, cytosine and thymine) that make up DNA as a base-4 (quaternary) number system, akin to the binary system used to represent raw data. What probably happens is that the information in the binary data is converted to its equivalent in quaternary and somehow transformed into DNA nucleotides; likewise, the information contained in human DNA is translated to binary code and converted to data.

yoyoitJac

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Likely binary data that has been translated to organic matter. One could represent the four nucleotides (guanine, adenine, cytosine and thymine) that make up DNA as a base-4 (quaternary) number system, akin to the binary system used to represent raw data. What probably happens is that the information in the binary data is converted to its equivalent in quaternary and somehow transformed into DNA nucleotides; likewise, the information contained in human DNA is translated to binary code and converted to data.
I remember that the sort of story tamers based the "Digimon created by humans" Backstory is based on project Terria (i think thats the spelling) which was an artificial life experiment. I remember that the code for organisms in this simulation was reworked into a unique sort of language of bits that emulated how the amino acids of organic creatures are able to have mutations without being rendered ENTIRELY incapable of functioning: they gave each 'Gene' "Peaks and valleys" so that the code essentially "fit" into place with appropriate counterparts to simulate mutation in a way that organisms do

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my headcanon is that the fire eyes BanchoMamemon randomly has in some older arts is him manifesting his own Digisoul