What are your Digimon headcanons?

Miragecoordinator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only File Island was actually confirmed to be a test, but the same being true for Etemon is unlikely.
I'll have to concede on Etemon; this was the weakest point.
While Gennai brought the Digimon to File Island intentionally, the Crests were at this point already stolen by Piemon, so the chosen children finding them on Server Continent was not something that the Homeostasis should have been able to influence
What I had in mind wasn't that it orchestrated *all* of the events of File Island per se but simply made the chips fall in the best feasible direction.
About the strength of the villains, it's not really a weird coincidence but more of a storytelling compulsion because... the Chosen Children obviously had to win, had Etemon just murdered them in episode 15... well the anime would have ended right then.
Yes, but suspension of disbelief is more fun.

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a headcannon that Dub Davis is on the autism spectrum, like me.

I have social anxiety and Aspergers syndrome, and when I was his age I tried way too hard to make friends, and I know looking back that I just came off as annoying and off putting.

But when I did make a friend (And I had exactly one at that age) I was loyal to a fault and stuck by them, like he was with Ken.

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if this would count as headcanon or not, but I noticed that Gammamon's evolutions are named after the brightest stars in the night sky, namely:

BetelGammamon - Betelgeuse (from Orion)
KausGammamon - Kaus Australis (from Sagittarius)
WezenGammamon - Wezen (from Canis Major)
GulusGammamon - Regulus (from Leo)

Canoweissmon is a combination of Canopus (from Carina) and Weiss (german for white). Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky.

So, it may be safe to say that Gammamon's Ultimate / Mega Level evolution name will be based on Sirius (from Canis Major) at some level, as Sirius is currently the brightest star in the night sky.

Last edited:

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if this would count as headcount or not, but I noticed that Gammamon's evolutions are named after the brightest stars in the night sky, namely:

BetelGammamon - Betelgeuse (from Orion)
KausGammamon - Kaus Australis (from Sagittarius)
WezenGammamon - Wezen (from Canis Major)
GulusGammamon - Regulus (from Leo)

Canoweissmon is a combination of Canopus (from Carina) and Weiss (german for white). Canopus is the second brightest star in the night sky.

So, it may be safe to say that Gammamon's Ultimate / Mega Level evolution name will be based on Sirius (from Canis Major) at some level, as Sirius is currently the brightest star in the night sky.
I don't follow Ghost Game, but this is an interesting plot point.

Not per se an issue regarding headcanons, but I would like to better understand the rationale for why Gatomon and Kari didn't part ways early on within Kizuna. If anyone has a headcanon for that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Not something I've given much thought to, but prior to the events of Tri, I suspect that there may have been a scrapped plot of the 02 Digimon having been the original Chosen Children (Pre-Adventure 01).

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Splashmon is an alternate H-Spirit of Water. I have no clue what to make of why he turns into a water tiger, but there it is.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, Karn EX on Youtube said that too. Basically the male version. And the tiger part is the best spirit.