What are your Digimon headcanons?

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my mind, Ken gained his Crest of Kindness sometime before the events of Millenniumon's defeat - it was given to him by the Agents as a means to fight evil. However the planting of the Seed within his neck led his Kaiser persona to never activate it, and instead he only ever ended up using it as a power source to fuel his base.

And since the forces of the Light were responsible for creating it, this is why the Four Holy Beasts knew how to transform it into a different item (the Digimental of Miracles) from afar to help bring about the Kaiser's downfall.

I really like this, with the exception of the part about the Digimental of Miracles. However, that's not your fault, but that of the show writers and how they handled it.

Namely, because it establishes a link between the crests and the digieggs, but kinda cops out of it at last minute. I wonder if that was ever on the drawing board for 02, though in retrospect perhaps it would have worked out better if 02 were the prequel to Adventure.

As to Ken never activating his crest, I'm more and more convinced that the creators took cues from "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", with Ken being our Edmund.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Ken in the WS games does evolve his Stingmon to Dinobeemon as a regular evolution I would imagine the crest of kindness was involved in that

Charin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He doesn't, actually, from what I know. Ken and Wormmon only fight together in Tag Tamers and DinoBeemon doesn't even exist in that game or in D1 Tamers. (Wormmon is actually straight banned from evolving past Child during Tag's story mode — after beating the game, he can evolve, but only to Stingmon and then Jogress to Paildramon.) DinoBeemon only shows up in Brave Tamer and that's only if you have Ryou make it happen; Ken doesn't contribute to that evolution at all, and he only seems to know about Imperialdramon when spoken to.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He doesn't, actually, from what I know. Ken and Wormmon only fight together in Tag Tamers and DinoBeemon doesn't even exist in that game or in D1 Tamers. (Wormmon is actually straight banned from evolving past Child during Tag's story mode — after beating the game, he can evolve, but only to Stingmon and then Jogress to Paildramon.) DinoBeemon only shows up in Brave Tamer and that's only if you have Ryou make it happen; Ken doesn't contribute to that evolution at all, and he only seems to know about Imperialdramon when spoken to.

Yeh but that's still Wormmon himself naturally evolving to the Ultimate level. It's not like different humans cause different evolutions. Agumon would still be Greymon if he evolved via Matt's digivice

Charin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does the form Wormmon took have to do with whether or not the Crest of Kindness was involved? My point was that Ken obviously never used the Crest of Kindness on Wormmon, because Wormmon has only reached Ultimate in the games when Ken explictly wasn't involved, and Ken's dialogue indicates that he's never used the Crest on him offscreen either. The Crest is what the conversation was originally about.

Though, if we're on the subject, why wouldn't different humans be able to cause different evolutions? The anime and games both establish that Digimon's evolutions change depending on how they're raised, and different humans would obviously have different approaches to how they treat Digimon. And there are tons of cases where a Digimon's form is connected to something specific about the human who evolved it — maybe Agumon to Greymon could pass with Matt, but Agumon to Agumon -Bonds of Courage- definitely wouldn't.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah I don't see any evidence as to why different Adventure Digivices wouldn't cause different digivolutions when the Digivices all give off different color energies and the crests are a whole thing

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does the form Wormmon took have to do with whether or not the Crest of Kindness was involved? My point was that Ken obviously never used the Crest of Kindness on Wormmon, because Wormmon has only reached Ultimate in the games when Ken explictly wasn't involved, and Ken's dialogue indicates that he's never used the Crest on him offscreen either. The Crest is what the conversation was originally about.

Though, if we're on the subject, why wouldn't different humans be able to cause different evolutions? The anime and games both establish that Digimon's evolutions change depending on how they're raised, and different humans would obviously have different approaches to how they treat Digimon. And there are tons of cases where a Digimon's form is connected to something specific about the human who evolved it — maybe Agumon to Greymon could pass with Matt, but Agumon to Agumon -Bonds of Courage- definitely wouldn't.

Not to get off topic, but this was a neat mechanism of Armor evolution in so far as evolutions were concerned. Too bad they didn't invest much effort in the non-show forms, which lead to forms like Mambomon...

Last edited:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I mean Ken evolves him to GranKuwagamon in the card game game on ps1

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Grumblemon in Frontier is made out of data from internet trolls.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ever since that Digimon Profile article on Armor Evolution, I've been kinda stuck on that line about how Ultimate-class power could result from the Digimon having good compatibility with the Digimental. Got me thinking: maybe they could implement Armor's fluctuating strength in the video games. Perhaps something like a special training gym or a rare item where you can raise your Digimon's compatibility with a Digimental (programming-wise, I'm picturing them giving each Armor Digimon a different set of stats for an Adult, Perfect, and Ultimate variant, I think they did something similar with the Xros Wars Digimon in -next 0rder-), or treat them like the NX Digimon in Hacker's Memory (which had the highest stat-growth in the game, enough so that their strength could be equivalent to a Child at level 1, and raise to being roughly equivalent to a Perfect by level 99).

Of course, this would result in things like an Adult-class Magnamon, but that doesn't seem too out there when it (and all the other Armors) were treated no differently from Adults in Hyper Colosseum (hell, the Perfect Rapidmon was capable of evolving from its Armor variant on at least one occasion). I'm also rather amused at the prospect of having, say, an Ultimate-class Mothmon.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ever since that Digimon Profile article on Armor Evolution, I've been kinda stuck on that line about how Ultimate-class power could result from the Digimon having good compatibility with the Digimental. Got me thinking: maybe they could implement Armor's fluctuating strength in the video games. Perhaps something like a special training gym or a rare item where you can raise your Digimon's compatibility with a Digimental (programming-wise, I'm picturing them giving each Armor Digimon a different set of stats for an Adult, Perfect, and Ultimate variant, I think they did something similar with the Xros Wars Digimon in -next 0rder-), or treat them like the NX Digimon in Hacker's Memory (which had the highest stat-growth in the game, enough so that their strength could be equivalent to a Child at level 1, and raise to being roughly equivalent to a Perfect by level 99).

Of course, this would result in things like an Adult-class Magnamon, but that doesn't seem too out there when it (and all the other Armors) were treated no differently from Adults in Hyper Colosseum (hell, the Perfect Rapidmon was capable of evolving from its Armor variant on at least one occasion). I'm also rather amused at the prospect of having, say, an Ultimate-class Mothmon.

I guess that's one way to interpret that section but I don't really think it's the intended one.

Especially since the mention of affinity is followed up by pointing out the possibility of the power "running amok" (rather than weakening) as the main consequence of low affinity, which is a reference specifically to Sethmon's and Shadramon's profiles.
So I would say that it is not actually implying different levels of power within the same species of armor Digimon but rather that the species itself already depends on the affinity of the evolving Digimon.
According to that interpretation V-Mon as a species would have particularly high affinity for the Digimental of miracles, so he can evolve into the "Ultimate class" Magnamon while having terrible affinity for the Digimental of Love so he evolves to the unstable Sethmon. The same could be said for Wormmon's lack of affinity for the Digimental of Courage turning him into Shadramon, or bringing in the lower power argument again, a generally "eh" affinity to the Digimental of Sincerity turning him into Archelomon who's not exactly a powerhouse in terms of combat ability.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I guess that's one way to interpret that section but I don't really think it's the intended one.

Especially since the mention of affinity is followed up by pointing out the possibility of the power "running amok" (rather than weakening) as the main consequence of low affinity, which is a reference specifically to Sethmon's and Shadramon's profiles.
So I would say that it is not actually implying different levels of power within the same species of armor Digimon but rather that the species itself already depends on the affinity of the evolving Digimon.
According to that interpretation V-Mon as a species would have particularly high affinity for the Digimental of miracles, so he can evolve into the "Ultimate class" Magnamon while having terrible affinity for the Digimental of Love so he evolves to the unstable Sethmon. The same could be said for Wormmon's lack of affinity for the Digimental of Courage turning him into Shadramon, or bringing in the lower power argument again, a generally "eh" affinity to the Digimental of Sincerity turning him into Archelomon who's not exactly a powerhouse in terms of combat ability.
Maybe, though it is true that Armor power levels never seem to keep consistent (hell, we recently had Ancient Warriors featuring Sagittarimon as a Perfect, yet Lighdramon was treated as an Adult). Also, frankly speaking, I hate the idea of Ultimate-class Armors consisting exclusively of Magnamon (and Rapidmon), for no other reason than he's one of the only Armors to still get so much damn attention to this day.

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason Hikari from adventure 1999 values empathy so much is because as a child she was a slow learner when it came to the spoken language and had a hard time letting herself be herd hench why she was given a wissle as an alternative method of communicating with people, as such she did not have many friends as a very young child and mostly hung with her older brother who was always there for her when nobody else was. Couple this with her having a somewhat falling immune system in her youth and therefor got easily sick and you have a good backstory that explains both her love for her big brother and why she would value kidness to other so much, she knows that it is not to be taken for granted as she did not get to hang out much with other kids at her earliest years do to constant sickness and problems with communication and instead had to rely on her brother to always be there for her.

Yes, I am reaching a bit with this headcanon but it would honestly fit adventure 1999 pretty well.

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Omegamon sporting the arms-swapping gimmick before evolving into Alter-S, it could be theoretically possible that Omegamon can use the arms and/or slide evolve into it's other variants, but the components needs to have evolved first into the respective variants' components.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's probably the only reason why they did alt evos. Just so they could do that.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what weapons in Digimon do you guys think may have been crafted by Vulcanusmon? So far only Beelzemon's "Berenjena" shotguns are confirmed to have been made by Vulcanusmon although its profile claims that "Most well-known weapons are the work of Vulcanusmon".
Some of the first things that come to mind for me as potential Vulcanusmon productions are Bancho Mamemon's "Ougon Batto" baseball bats, Slayerdramon's "Fragarach" sword, Zudomon's "Thor's Hammer", and Beelstarmon's "Rizoma de Loto" twin pistols

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what weapons in Digimon do you guys think may have been crafted by Vulcanusmon? So far only Beelzemon's "Berenjena" shotguns are confirmed to have been made by Vulcanusmon although its profile claims that "Most well-known weapons are the work of Vulcanusmon".
Some of the first things that come to mind for me as potential Vulcanusmon productions are Bancho Mamemon's "Ougon Batto" baseball bats, Slayerdramon's Fragarach sword, Zudomon's "Thor's Hammer", and Beelstarmon's "Rizoma de Loto" twin pistols
Sparrowmon's guns are also made by Vulcanusmon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Omegamon sporting the arms-swapping gimmick before evolving into Alter-S, it could be theoretically possible that Omegamon can use the arms and/or slide evolve into it's other variants, but the components needs to have evolved first into the respective variants' components.

Somebody pointed it there at reddit: The reason Omegamon able to borrow Alter Grey/Garurumon weapon arms because MetalGreymon Alterous Mode and WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode who evolved into BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon. Blew my mind off. Didn't realize this.

Weird those modes borrowed X Antibody's weapons then now this.

it's kinda cool arms swapping before evolution.

Now I know why WereGarurumon oddly got "Sagittarius" mode rather than "Wolf-Rayet" star.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Somebody pointed it there at reddit: The reason Omegamon able to borrow Alter Grey/Garurumon weapon arms because MetalGreymon Alterous Mode and WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode who evolved into BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon. Blew my mind off. Didn't realize this.

Weird those modes borrowed X Antibody's weapons then now this.

it's kinda cool arms swapping before evolution.

Now I know why WereGarurumon oddly got "Sagittarius" mode rather than "Wolf-Rayet" star.

Whilst it's clever, I think that's probably a stretch