What are your Digimon headcanons?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking about Millenniummon lately and really a lot. Until something clicked inside my head... New headcanon.

Cherubimon often shown having lightning attacks in any anime/game/card appearances but never mentioned about the mysterious gravity powers that Cherubimon Vice used in the movie.

I kinda oddly thought Cherubimon in that movie was given Gravity powers by the "Virus" that might be "Millenniummon" may installed the "seed" to spread. Gravity is not that Dark Hole power. It's more of... Gravitational Time Dilation thingy.

But it's not Millenniummon granted it just merely putting a seed that gets little power from his Time/Space manipulation abilities and Cherubimon happened to strengthened it so hard due to how "paranoid" he is along with "mysterious virus" infection.

*shrugs*

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So you know how the Data Ultimates in the original Pendulums were only obtained through Jogress? Does anyone else think that was actually incorporated into some of their designs? I mean, MetalSeadramon is an obvious evolution of MegaSeadramon, but its armor seems like it might've been based off of Anomalocarimon. Griffomon was based off the bird-like Delumon, but its tail makes me think a lot about Blossomon. I might be stretching it with Boltmon, but I could see it being an Ultimate Meramon that took in some of Pumpmon's Halloween monster theme (Frankenstein's monster in this case).

Not much can be said about the other Pendulums. SaberLeomon was just a carry-over from Ver.S (Triceramon at least looks somewhat similar in stature, but I'm not seeing how it could relate to Piccolomon at all), and Rosemon was a carry-over from Digital Card Battle. I have no idea where Plesiomon originally came from prior to its inclusion to the .5 (nor Hangyomon for that matter), though I'm guessing it wasn't made with Jogress in mind (though it does bear some similarities to MegaSeadramon). Meanwhile, Metal Empire and Virus Busters both just incorporated anime Digimon (and Digimon World's final boss) for their Ultimates.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
some of the others also work

Okuwamon (grey armour) and ShogunGekomon (bipedal, musical) evolve into MetalEtemon (grey armoured musical biped)

HolyAngemon (arm mounted sword) and Angewomon (arm mounted ranged weapon) evolve into Omegamon (has a sword on one arm and a ranged weapon on the other)

you already mentioned SkullMeramon, Pumpkinmon and Boltmon, but I’ll point out that Pumpkinmon has an axe in its head and Boltmon has one on its back

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me, or did the size of Tailmon's Holy Ring increase significantly in most of its artwork post-02?

It's almost like they REALLY wanna emphasize that, yep, it's wearing the thing, it's at full power. Funnily enough, its Ver.S and Pendulum 1.5 profiles make no mention of the ring, so prior to 02 giving it an excuse to have Tailmon downgraded (and Adventure briefly having it awaken Devidramon), it really did just seem like a pointless decoration.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about Meicoomon, or more specifically Raguelmon and Ordinemon proper. Mainly in that design-wise, the latter two are based on Furies from mythology, and I'd say Ordinemon more so on Nemesis with the latter emphasizing Divine Retribution/Wrath (Ophanimon Falldown Mode complicates this, as she likewise fits the bill. Perhaps Raguelmon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode are both Furies, with their fusion giving rise to Nemesis?). On the flipside, Rasielmon would appear to be a combination of Themis, Dike, and Astraea. Themis for her ability to see the future, and Dike and Astraea for a more balanced form of justice tempered by mercy(Dike/Astraea)/harmony(Eunomia)/peace (Eirene).

Simply put, or not so simply, because Greek mythology is overly complicated in some respects,this is my long-winded way of establishing Meico as the honorary wielder of the tenth crest, Justice. Meicoomon is able to go between both forms, making her erratic in so far as partners are concerned. But that said, I also posit that her crest, when Ordinemon was unburdened of all the additional data, was allowed to be purified and catalyze the birth of Omnimon Merciful Mode, by uniting the other crests with hers. This brings about a bit of a dilemma in so far as where Ken would fit into this, but alas, Ken seems to just possess a crest with no real purpose.