What are your Digimon headcanons?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The two other knights I see commonly deviating from Yggdrasil's vision are Lord Knightmon who prioritizes its own desires behind the scenes
I don't think LordKnightmon particularly cares about what Yggdrasil wants, but still steadfastly follows its will so long as LordKnightmon gets to gleefully partake in dishing out "justice" against those who'd threaten it. In fact, I think the only times LordKnightmon actually somewhat rebelled against their master was in Frontier, where he starts to question Lucemon's intentions (though doesn't really do anything about it), and Digimon World X (which barely had much of a plot anyway, and LordKnightmon appearing as a boss simply gets glossed over as Mecha Rogue infection). Even in the X-Evolution movie, I think LordKnightmon's ONE LINE was just nodding in agreement with Omegamon a little ways offscreen.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think LordKnightmon particularly cares about what Yggdrasil wants, but still steadfastly follows its will so long as LordKnightmon gets to gleefully partake in dishing out "justice" against those who'd threaten it
oh yeah, I fully agree with that, it just falls under it doing things out of its hedonism to me which happens to usually be cruelty to others. I don't think it outright rebels but partakes in its selfish pleasures when nobody is looking, like covertly taking a mile when Yggdrasil gives it an inch (idk if there's an equivalent saying that doesn't use US centric measurements)

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think that Sagittarimon is a Jogress formed from combining the Digimentals of Courage and Friendship together. Could not unsee once I thought about it.

RIGHT?!
I was shocked when I first saw him in Frontier and went to check if this was the case - and there was no example of this happening like... That is clearly Raidramon and Flamedramon together right? Instead of Jogress of the Digimental, I think it could be Davis' Veemon as Flamedramon maybe... jogressing with an alternate reality Veemon as Raidramon? The DigiEgg of Hope just doesn't seem like the intended egg for this digivolution

Omegamon Merciful Mode can use several different types of arms, made up of the Digimon of the Digidestined.

HerculesKabuterimon is a Railgun.
Hououmon is a bow or a crossbow (arrows have feathers).
Rosemon is a whip.
Vikemon is a scourge of weapons (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fléau_d'armes).
Seraphimon is a shield (which reflects attacks).
Magnadramon is a war scythe.

And in the same vein, Ophanimon would be a spear.
And Goddramon, an ax.

I love this idea. It would be sort of like those Power Ranger seasons like Wild Force where you can swap limbs! Also, based on what happened in Digimon: Revenge of Diaboromon, I bet a limbless Merciful Mode could become the base for Imperialdramon Paladin Mode. What would you guys call a Merciful Mode Paladin Mode?

In homage to the full previewing of BT-5, a headcanon/theory on Omegamon: there's a subspecies of Omegamon for each letter of the alphabet.
Oficially we have Alter-B [Black] and Alter-S [Swap].

From the existing variants:
Omegamon is Alter-O [Origin]
Zwart is Alter-Z
X-Antibody is Alter-X
Merciful Mode is Alter-M
While I dislike Zwart Defeat as a species, it's official, so he's Alter-D

Possibilities from other existing Digimon:
Alter-A [Ancient] composed of AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon.
Alter-W [Weaponry] composed of VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon.
Edit:
Alter-E [Eclipse] composed of ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon, can acess Burst Mode.

Also, there's a mythical Alter-Ω, capable of freely switching arms.

Hmm, maybe there's variations for other alphabets, too? Like an Alter-α for Alphamon/Dorugoramon and... Runs away from mob

I love this^^, but alternate take:
We could have different legendary Digimon for every letter of the Greek alphabet. So far we've got Alphamon and Omegamon... but also Betamon! I swear there was a Deltamon as well. It's just funny to imagine Betamon having a latent power on par with Alphamon and Omegamon.

My weird headcanon is that since Digimon are digital life forms, those weird semi-humanoid forms that they sometimes take are part of their eventual evolution into near-perfect digital representations of human beings. I think Mastemon could easily just take off her armour and just chill out in normal clothes and have an almost human face below the mask, maybe besides some digital tattoos or markings.
Maybe they are even meant to surpass humans through digital evolution and Biomerging is an expedited way of producing this effect?

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We could have different legendary Digimon for every letter of the Greek alphabet. So far we've got Alphamon and Omegamon... but also Betamon! I swear there was a Deltamon as well. It's just funny to imagine Betamon having a latent power on par with Alphamon and Omegamon.
One problem is that Betamon isn't named after the Greek letter Ββ and more likely has Japanese etymology (the Greek letter is also more closely pronounced as vita or veeta, by the way). It's similar to why Taomon can't fill in for Ττ (which also is instead pronounced taf in Greek) or Etemon for Ηη (eeta). There is a Deltamon, though he could be named more after the triangle shape of the symbol (as in its use for a river delta) given that a different symbol ( ) appears on his stomach (for whatever it's worth, the Greek letter is also pronounced a bit more like thelta, with a hard th; ð in IPA). That said, I would be surprised if a Greek set of Digimon ended up using true Greek pronunciation given how the west almost always mispronounces anything from Greek, but that's a rant for another forum 😛

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And if they really did make a set of Greek alphabet Digimon, I wonder how they'd differentiate Betamon from βmon. Would we end up with another Gokuwmon, in which there's a very subtle change in the English spelling to differentiate it from an already extent Digimon?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And if they really did make a set of Greek alphabet Digimon, I wonder how they'd differentiate Betamon from βmon. Would we end up with another Gokuwmon, in which there's a very subtle change in the English spelling to differentiate it from an already extent Digimon?
In that scenario, as a big Betamon stan, I'd like them to do something like Betamon: Leviathan Mode (Mega), and just retroactively make his name Greek Themed too.

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I think the best way to do it is to retcon the existing Betamon into a secretly omnipotent powerful being that was simply concealing its true power for years. The Betamon we know could be "Betamon Disguise Mode (DM)" and then there would be an all-powerful, "Betamon True Mode". A Lucemon type of deal.

PCN24454

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yggy himself kills 98% of all Digimon once too many show up and he lets the demon lords and others run around doing evil shit. He doesn't really care. Having powerful mind slaves is useful and dude uses Ordinemon who is unstable and doesn't care who it attacks. Like Yggy is ruthless when it comes to the x virus he sends the royal knights to finish off any survivors. As long as the world itself doesn't get destroyed he's not really fussed. He let infected Meicoomon run around freely infecting thousands of Digimon and even protected her from being killed by Jesmon (in part one Alphamon was trying to invoke her Digivolution rather than try to kill her). The entire point of the reboot was so he could revive an evil demonic army and use it to kill all humans

Is it just me or has Yggdrasil become less and less of a morally gray character? From what I understand he was originally conceived as a somewhat benevolent ruler similar to Hometasis but has been portrayed as more and more of a typical villain.
Having a god being the final boss is pretty typical, especially in Japan. They're the embodiment of an all-powerful, unstoppable authority. Makes them easy to put in the antagonist position.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the best way to do it is to retcon the existing Betamon into a secretly omnipotent powerful being that was simply concealing its true power for years. The Betamon we know could be "Betamon Disguise Mode (DM)" and then there would be an all-powerful, "Betamon True Mode". A Lucemon type of deal
aren't Betamons a common species, though? Doesn't this mean there's millions of gods simply pretending to be deleted from not having their poop cleaned?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reading this made me wants to look forward for how they handle "Beta"mon for naming.

Maybe it will be misspelled, or Greek word like βmon?

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese would be the easy part. ベータモン would follow how the letter's typically transcribed, though ヴィタモン would follow the Greek pronunciation (and give significant contrast). The existing Betamon is ベタモン. The English would be difficult without a good option to pull a Murcuremon/Mercurymon and without misspelling as in Merukimon. Bitamon, Vetamon, or Vitamon (i pronounced as ee) would be possible. I'd love an opportunity for them to just use Greek entirely as βῆταmon.

Though they could also joke that Omekamon is really βῆταmon based on the "beta male" fallacy. He then changed his name because he wanted to be more like Omegamon. Ironically, Alphamon (the "Aloof Hermit") would seemingly fall more under the "lone wolf" version of the "omega male" that's become popularized, whereas Omegamon (Omnimon) would seemingly be closer to the "alpha male" fallacy.

* The research involving wolves that coined the terms alpha and beta was publicly disavowed by researchers in 1999 who found that wolf packs were really a parental unit plus offspring as opposed to a larger social structure (in which case of course only one male is "active"). Other animal species have social structures defined by very different traits, and many instead have strong female dominance (as in social wasps). For some inexplicable reason, society has continued to use this terminology, perhaps to reinforce existing power dynamics. It is too late, we have lost Lhikan to a rant against pseudoscientific tendencies. Run now, while you can still escape!

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the best way to do it is to retcon the existing Betamon into a secretly omnipotent powerful being that was simply concealing its true power for years. The Betamon we know could be "Betamon Disguise Mode (DM)" and then there would be an all-powerful, "Betamon True Mode". A Lucemon type of deal
aren't Betamons a common species, though? Doesn't this mean there's millions of gods simply pretending to be deleted from not having their poop cleaned?

I struggle to see the problem, that would be awesome! Just imagine at the end of a game, all the souls of Betamon fuse into their final form and tell you they were watching over you through their vessels. It thanks you for taking such good care of them, and says there's no hard feelings about the missed cleanings.
Then you have to fight their true form and maybe you get to keep them as a partner. I think the final design would take design cues from MetalSeadramon in the armour and helmet, but emphasize the "Betamon look" with a large head fin and green armour maybe?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I struggle to see the problem, that would be awesome! Just imagine at the end of a game, all the souls of Betamon fuse into their final form and tell you they were watching over you through their vessels. It thanks you for taking such good care of them, and says there's no hard feelings about the missed cleanings.
Then you have to fight their true form and maybe you get to keep them as a partner. I think the final design would take design cues from MetalSeadramon in the armour and helmet, but emphasize the "Betamon look" with a large head fin and green armour maybe?
Come to think of it, what would a Greek alphabet group even accomplish in terms of their designs? I mean, their concept is literally just letters. Like what, should they just add the Digimon equivalent of Unown? Alphamon and Omegamon are the only ones to really make sense because their particular letters happen to represent the concepts of beginning and end.

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Come to think of it, what would a Greek alphabet group even accomplish in terms of their designs? I mean, their concept is literally just letters. Like what, should they just add the Digimon equivalent of Unown? Alphamon and Omegamon are the only ones to really make sense because their particular letters happen to represent the concepts of beginning and end.

To be completely fair here, we've got Digimon based off of...well, you know. Doesn't have to be that deep all the time. Sometimes it's just fun to come up with ideas.

If you want to go off "beginning and end", there's a whole lot in between and it'd be interesting to see those iterations. Maybe Alphamon and Omegamon were created with a purpose and you can think of the in-between letters as like... "Mark 3, Mark 4." The Lilo and Stitch "Cousins" come to mind, they could all be created with a unique purpose for the universe.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just bringing up the prospects of a Duskmon/Velgrmon fusion in the "unpopular opinions" thread.

I don't know how "unpopular" this really is, but I greatly prefer Duskmon/Velgrmon to the uncorrupted Spirits of Darkness - Löwemon/KaiserLeomon and totally would not have minded if Koichi had kept the former pair after joining the heroes.
Nah, I totally agree. Duskmon and Velgrmon are fucking awesome, and I was hopeful of them eventually being on the protagonists' side. Instead, they just change into yet another Leomon knock-off (complete with a death at the end) because "scary=evil" when it comes to the Digimon anime. And of course, like the other villain Hybrids, they didn't get a fusion form (part of me wonders, even if the villain Hybrids do finally get fusions, whether Duskmon/Velgrmon will still get left out since Darkness "technically" already has one).

And it got me thinking: going beyond a fusion form, at a glance, it seems impossible for Duskmon and Velgrmon to have their own Ancient form since they're both just corrupted versions of Lowemon and KaiserLeomon, which are obviously derived from AncientSphinxmon. But then, what if AncientSphinxmon has a corrupted form of its own, a Mode Change perhaps? One which bears traits more similar to Duskmon and Velgrmon. I mean, isn't the whole logic behind the Spirits of Darkness getting corrupted in the first place is because darkness as an element is so easily susceptible to corruption? So, it should stand to reason that the ancient warrior that represents darkness is also capable of falling.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Shoutmon DX has a quadrupedal mode where ZekeGreymon's head takes control of the body.
- Menoa created Diaboromon by trying to resurrect Morphomon.

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Headcanon - when Digimon freeze you there are two types of freeze. One is a simple, temperature freeze, which is like a Pokémon attack and covers you in ice.

The second type is a deeper freeze on your data. Like when your computer freezes. The attack still looks like a big crystal of ice suspended in the air, but because the whole system within the ice is frozen the ice doesn’t fall or move from where it froze.

That’s why sometimes when MetalGarurumon ices an enemy the big ice ball stays hovering in midair.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- There is a Coredramon Red which eventually evolves into Dorbickmon.

- If the Dark Master Mugendramon has a personality, it’s because he is a Digimon who evolved naturally.
He was first a MetalGreymon, MetalTyrannomon or a Megadramon before evolving into Mugendramon.
The Mugendramon of Adventure 2020, on the other hand, was created in a purely synthetic way and therefore has no ego.

- If Mugendramon and Kimeramon survived and were able to become Milleniummon, it’s because they were Digimon created in an artificial way and therefore the system could not recycle their data.

My last two headcanons contradict each other, but hey.

- Menoa created Diaboromon by trying to resurrect Morphomon.
Not a bad one but sadly the timeline doesn't work out to allow for it.
Too bad.
And if we assume that Menoa only resurrected him for the events of "Diaboromon Strike Back", does it stick in the Timeline ?