What are your Digimon headcanons?

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon actually has hands within the cannon and sword gauntlets but he never uses them cause he never gets into a scenario where he needs hands. (And his enemies always dismember him anyways.)
Image Thumbnail
Yeah it’s from an April Fool’s Day crossover but it works

Unrelated, it seems to be a common head canon that the Digimental of Darkness can be used by anyone (like the card game) but it causes the evo to be more evil or corrupted or something (???)

dark is not (intrinsically) evil, people!

I prefer something more along the lines of it can be used by anyone as a free temp evo (into anything that’s part of your evo tree), but with limited uses by anyone who’s not the “true” user

so for example Tai and Agumon could use it to go to MetalGreymon (virus or vaccine), Alterous Mode or SkullGreymon, but not MetalGreymon X since that specific Agumon’s never been shown to be able to evolve to it (although he can evolve to WarGreymon X so I guess he could?)

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I can see why Dukemon's a Virus. Though his profile mentions that he maintains a balance, he does have a merciless side that can shine through when the situation arises. Granted, it's to nowhere near the extent of LordKnightmon (his only Virus-type compatriot within the Royal Knights), and he's certainly more controlled than Megidramon or ChaosDukemon. However, I find it worth noting that, had Juri not stopped him, he would've killed Beelzebumon without a second thought. And if you view his memory in Hacker's Memory, he contemplates how he no longer has the luxury to be soft and steels himself to potentially kill Arata. Of course, these are pretty extreme scenarios, but I do think they nevertheless show that he's not all that idealistic, which may be what ultimately sets him apart from the likes of Vaccine-type protagonists (then again, this probably goes out the window when you look at X-Evolution, where Omegamon's downright savage and Dukemon's one of the only voices of reason).

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think that Sagittarimon is a Jogress formed from combining the Digimentals of Courage and Friendship together. Could not unsee once I thought about it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does make very much sense and could lead to ideas of combining the other eggs.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why, but I just thought about Legend of Zelda's Triforce having a potential type triangle to it....... then I thought about the three Triforces corresponding to Digimon types.

Triforce of Courage=Vaccine
Triforce of Wisdom=Data
Triforce of Power=Virus

But I guess both franchises seem to represent a rather universal theme of chaos against order which is maintained by balance..... or something like that. Probably not a comparison even worth bringing up, but it was just a passing thought I felt like sharing.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
with Bancho Lilimon highlighting the Sukeban and Bosozoku subgenres of bancho culture, it has recently come to my attention that Bancho Mamemon might come from the "Yankii" subgroup of bancho culture around the 80s and 90s which was based on American culture. This might explain his baseball theme as both a play on the New York Yankees and because of how baseball a popular sport in Japan that was conceptualized in New York. I came across this after hearing yesterday that part 4 of Jojo's is based on the Yankii culture and I immediately thought of the character Okuyasu who also has a lot of random baseball themes to him, especially the fact Okuyasu has the same type of baseball face scar Bancho Mamemon has

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this headcanon, or pretty obvious symbolism, but Eyesmon is designed the way he is, because he feeds on data for power, the same way corporations can cultivate information based on your activity. The eyes are meant to reflect the invasive eyes of data mining.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I was just thinking about how WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon were created specifically for the anime (the latter three Digimon Pendulums didn't come out until after the anime started airing, and in some ways promoted it). That's pretty crazy. Agumon's arguably the franchise mascot, even back then, yet they didn't give it a definite Ultimate form until well after the fact. Instead, some of the first ever Ultimates they created was one for Kabuterimon, Leomon (though it was actually a retooled Perfect from Ver. S), and for some reason, Etemon (really bizarre when one considers that Etemon itself isn't even in the Pendulums, and yet they had Kuwagamon right there as a potential compliment to Kabuterimon). It's also pretty interesting to think how about half of the Adventure partners, despite not even reaching their Ultimate forms in the original series, were species that had them established in the original V-pets and video games well far in advanced (about the only exceptions, aside from WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, are I think Seraphimon, and Vikemon was technically created with another anime partner in mind, but we all know the crazy history of Gomamon's Ultimate form).