What are your Digimon headcanons?

PCN24454

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@FlareChain
Guilmon's profile said:
Although it is still a Child, its potential as a "Combat Species", something which all Digimon naturally possess, is very high, and it hides the ferocious personality of a carnivorous beast. The mark drawn on its abdomen is called the "Digital Hazard", which is inscribed on those that have the potential to cause massive damage to computer data. However, as long as this ability is used peacefully, it can probably become a being that protects the Digital World.
Growmon's profile said:
A Demon Dragon Digimon that is called the "Deep-crimson Demon Dragon". The childishness it had when it was Guilmon has vanished, and it evolved into a wilder, more brutal Digimon. Also, although it is a Virus Digimon, it may even battle for justice depending on how it was raised by its Tamer, because it will be faithfully obedient
Gallantmon's profile said:
It is a living contradiction, being a guardian deity of the Net despite being a Virus attribute, and if by any chance its balance is lost, it is possible for it to become a dangerous being
Guilmon's profile illustrates how easily destruction comes to it and how important it can be that it becomes a peaceful being while Growmon's pretty much says the same thing but that repetition also highlights the point more. Gallantmon/Dukemon's profile, though, is the biggest evidence for our headcanon as it shows that it can regress into Megidramon if it doesn't keep itself in check, which is a weird threat most Digimon don't usually worry about for themselves. This, to me, is why I see Megidramon as the easier mega to wind up with and thus the "natural" mega or at least the mega more likely to happen as Gallantmon needs to actively keep its morality in check just to remain a Gallantmon. It's also been implied across the profiles that morals are a thing it needs to be taught. This could be taught from a tamer, another Digimon, or itself by going through hardships but it's still something that appears to be learned, not inherent. Otherwise, Gallantmons seem to be Digimon acting against their own nature formed by their own self discipline and doctrine.

WarGrowmon's profile doesn't offer anything to the headcanon
I like to think that Dukemon is one of the Royal Knights' Knightmon that sacrificed itself to seal away Megidramon, similar to how Ryo's Monodramon sacrificed itself to seal away Milleniummon.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like to think that Dukemon is one of the Royal Knights' Knightmon that sacrificed itself to seal away Megidramon, similar to how Ryo's Monodramon sacrificed itself to seal away Milleniummon
I really like this and wish we could get a depiction with this backstory

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Before Rebellimon aka "MetalOgremon" reveal, there was the one certain memory resurfaced inside my brain, as my younger self, I always assumed there'll be new "Cyclops" digimon Perfect level fits Ogremon because Cyclomon existed however I refused to believe that is "Cyclop" because Cyclops monsters are usually stronger than Ogres and goblins maybe enough equal to Orcs. I waited and I waited but nothing happened so I decided to accepted Cyclomon as Cyclops digimon and moved on eventually I completely forgot why I rejected it in the first place.

The reason is why I suddenly remembered because well I felt like I had to surf around the internet about the cyclops to check if it is related to the goblin/ogre.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone else think Bulkmon would retroactively make a good pre-injury Cyclomon?

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The host computer AI (Yggdrasill, ENIAC for Adventure, Homeros) regularly share information regarding newly generated species. The Tamers DW, having none, is considered neutral territory and free for all to scan from. Takato is the original creator of the Guilmon species, which they broadcasted across the multiverse.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon Larva can turn into any Demon Lord type, acting like a "seed of all evil".

White Lopmon arise from a chimerism of Lopmon and Terriermon.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In 02, everybody on Earth eventually getting their own Digimon partner was a ploy by Homeostasis to ensure lasting peace between the two worlds. They were only given to children and not adults so the chance of them using their Digimon for crimes/evil was reduced.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2020 Episode 34:
I can't remember who said this where, but; Gatomon can talk to Kondomon because her Rookie stage is a dog šŸ˜„

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The lore profiles in DRB only applies to the first individual of each species.
For example, only the first Mugendramon was 'built' using parts of other Digimon. When it comes into existence, its 'data' is saved into the Digital World database, allowing other Digimon to normally evolve into it. Mugendramon was also really "The Digital World's strongest Digimon" at the time of its first appearance (1999), but was quickly stripped of that title not long after.
This also applies to:
- Sub-species mutations like Bakemon>Soulmon (Child-level Digimon can directly evolve into Soulmon without needing to wear a hat as a Bakemon first).
- Jogresses like XV-mon+Stingmon>Paildramon (XV-mon no longer need to jogress with Stingmon).
- Armor evolutions like Patamon>Pegasmon (Patamon no longer need to use a Digimental).
- Using other Digimon parts like Zudomon (Ikkakumon no longer needs to murder an Archelomon and steal its shell to become Zudomon).

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First time on this thread, I also have some 'headcanons' I'd to share:

- Komondomon is a Raremon that hasn't failed in adding mechanical augments in its body, and Raremon could've possibly been a Komondomon who broke down after a long time (I just noticed that both of them seems to have similar body types, and Raremon's 'eye armor' reminds me of Komondomon's helmet).

- On the case that Tsurugi and Yuu didn't obtain the Digimon Twin from Norn, RizeGreymon and MachGaogamon could've evolved into ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon respectively through Burst Charge. VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon's data was contained inside the Digimon Twin (I think), and it was also stated that the two aren't normal evolutions.

- If Copymon is an 'official' digimon, it could warp evolve into Metamormon, otherwise, it may warp evolve from Copipemon.

- King Whamon from Xros Wars (if he was a distinct mon) could be either a Perfect or Ultimate level, to match Eldradimon (a walking castle) and Ceresmon (a flying forest).

- Marin Chimairamon could be an Ikkakumon (or any of its component digimon) who either hunted other aquatic digimon data and went berserk, or it somehow absorbed the data of its fallen friends to enact revenge on a unknown enemy.

- I also agree with Appmon possibly in the same universe as Tamers, possibly in the near future. V-Tamer and Next can also be thrown into the mix, since Digimon exists there as a game (though there may be some conflicts with their story lines.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the Tamer cards in the Digimon Card Game can be interpreted as not the literal tamers being there but instead your Digivice powering up your Digimon with their unique energy waves. Or they can actually be there if you like that narrative better

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't know why I never thought of this until now but the Vortex Warriors are basically Witchelny's equivalent of the Digital World's Royal Knights. They even have their own version of absentee leader in MedievalDukemon.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In homage to the full previewing of BT-5, a headcanon/theory on Omegamon: there's a subspecies of Omegamon for each letter of the alphabet.
Oficially we have Alter-B [Black] and Alter-S [Swap].

From the existing variants:
Omegamon is Alter-O [Origin]
Zwart is Alter-Z
X-Antibody is Alter-X
Merciful Mode is Alter-M
While I dislike Zwart Defeat as a species, it's official, so he's Alter-D

Possibilities from other existing Digimon:
Alter-A [Ancient] composed of AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon.
Alter-W [Weaponry] composed of VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon.
Edit:
Alter-E [Eclipse] composed of ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon, can acess Burst Mode.

Also, there's a mythical Alter-Ī©, capable of freely switching arms.

Hmm, maybe there's variations for other alphabets, too? Like an Alter-Ī± for Alphamon/Dorugoramon and... Runs away from mob

Last edited:

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon actually has hands within the cannon and sword gauntlets but he never uses them cause he never gets into a scenario where he needs hands. (And his enemies always dismember him anyways.)

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alter-A [Ancient] composed of AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon
I've always considered Susanoomon an Omnimon tbh
I agree Susanoomon is basically an Omegamon. But because he's the result of combination of all Warior Ten's powers, I think a variant/stepping stone with only Ancient Greymon/Garurumon is pretty possible. Even though it'll likely never happen officialy. But hey, that's what headcanons are for!

Also added a ShineGreymon/MirageGaogamon variant to my previous post.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alter-W [Weaponry] composed of VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon.
For some reason, I think that this would be a good opportunity to give us a Data-type Omegamon. Not sure why, considering they both have the same attributes as WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, but considering we have Virus Omegamons, a Data showing up at some point would be nice.