What are your Digimon headcanons?

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@SparkGold

Ok so in my fanverse season, the seven great demon lords are definitely associated with their sin but it’s in more of a positive form but an extreme,

Daemon gets angry easy but it’s more of how passionate he is,

lilithmon is lusted for but she’s exceedingly loving,

barbamon is greedy but only because he intended to use the wealth to help others

Beelzemon is a glutton but only because he wants to be the life of the party and make others around him happy

belphemon is a sloth but only because of how hard he physically works

leviamon is envious but he uses it to strive to be a better digimon instead of trying to harm others and take what’s theirs

and finally lucemon is prideful to the extent of “I am the hype” because he knows he must set a good example and always appear to be in control of the situation, he also prefers to remain in his rookie form unless absolutely necessary and his Satan mode / X form are unlocked by his twin partners one who embodies his light and the other darkness

all of the demon lords have partners that embody the same sin as them and they come from various points in time and around the world,lucemon is the only one to have two partners as it fits his duality

and by the current point of the story which ties into adventure/02 their partners are essentially digital ghosts whose original human bodies are long since dead, they seek to guide the digidestend from the shadows and steer them away from Yggdrasil who like always is kind of extreme

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lmao

I mean tbf, Lucemon wanted to remove fighting spirit or whatever. he wanted to have world peace where no one would ever fight and everyone would be friends. Yggy McSwiggy laughed at him and sent him to the Dark Area - and some of the other Demon Lords (in their angel forms) tried to help Lucemon achieve this and were sent to the Dark Area as well and they all became Demons together - so it's not too far off honestly. They wanted peace and God laughed in their faces and turned them evil and now they're basically just evil to get revenge on Yggy
That's basically manga Bagramon x Homeostasis. Also remind that the XW Lilithmon, an ex-SGDL here, is also more of a goofball than someone eeeeevil.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In episode 30 of Adventure:
Veggiemon wasn't actually part of Parrotmon's army. He just hitched a ride on Allomon and started play-acting he was an evil general.

FlareChain

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guilmon's real mega is Megidramon and only when he fuses with Takato he becomes Gallantmon; he is also still a unique Digimon still in my headcanon, since Takato created him.
Veemon does have a proper non-DNA-fused ultimate and mega level instead of Paildramon and Imperialdramon.
Renamon would be male, even thou its stated that Digimon are genderless.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In episode 30 of Adventure:
Veggiemon wasn't actually part of Parrotmon's army. He just hitched a ride on Allomon and started play-acting he was an evil general.
Hahaha that is actually a funny thought

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guilmon's real mega is Megidramon and only when he fuses with Takato he becomes Gallantmon; he is also still a unique Digimon still in my headcanon, since Takato created him.
Veemon does have a proper non-DNA-fused ultimate and mega level instead of Paildramon and Imperialdramon.
Renamon would be male, even thou its stated that Digimon are genderless.
Spin off media debuks both as Takatos Guilmon can become Gallantmon naturally, same for Davis' Veemon and Paildramon

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Megidramon being Guilmon's "true" Ultimate form and Dukemon specifically being the fusion with Takato was already basically Tamers canon? And the same was implied to be true of Cyberdramon naturally evolving into (Zeed) Millenniumon, and Justimon when fused with Ryou?? And that's why the Tamers' Ultimate Digimon were all so humanoid because of their partners' influence??? I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere.

Anyway, my headcanon is that Digimon reproduce like angiosperms aka flowering plants. We've seen Digitamas growing on bushes like fruit before, so why not?

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guilmon's real mega is Megidramon and only when he fuses with Takato he becomes Gallantmon; he is also still a unique Digimon still in my headcanon, since Takato created him
I have a very similar headcanon: that Guilmons are destined for destruction and it's only a good tamer leading them down the right path that prevents their fate of being a chaotic destruction machine.
This is the reason why I don't like Black Guilmon, sure the color scheme looks nice but I feel like it undermines how I already see normal Guilmon when you make an edgier "even more virus" version.
But yes, we share this headcanon. I definitely see Megidramon as Guilmon's natural evolution as well

Spin off media
those terms don't correlate, especially when said spin off combines multiple Digimon universes so I doubt it affects how the universes it pulls from work in their vacuums anyways. This is also a headcanon thread so we know the theory is not official anyways

Anyway, my headcanon is that Digimon reproduce like angiosperms aka flowering plants. We've seen Digitamas growing on bushes like fruit before, so why not?
personally I believe there are multiple ways of Digimon reproduction (combining data together like we see in Dawn and Dusk, the theory somebody had earlier in this thread that scattered data can amalgamate into a new Digitama, and just regular reincarnation are a few) so I can easily accept yours as yet another possibility as it makes sense

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dukemon specifically being the fusion with Takato was already basically Tamers canon?
The episode where it happens is outright called "The Name's Dukemon! True Ultimate Evolution". Which is just hilariously on the nose.

And that's why the Tamers' Ultimate Digimon were all so humanoid because of their partners' influence???
No, it's just because of the Digimon. Beelzemon and Andromon are humanoid too, with no human merger.

FlareChain

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guilmon's real mega is Megidramon and only when he fuses with Takato he becomes Gallantmon; he is also still a unique Digimon still in my headcanon, since Takato created him
I have a very similar headcanon: that Guilmons are destined for destruction and it's only a good tamer leading them down the right path that prevents their fate of being a chaotic destruction machine.
This is the reason why I don't like Black Guilmon, sure the color scheme looks nice but I feel like it undermines how I already see normal Guilmon when you make an edgier "even more virus" version.
But yes, we share this headcanon. I definitely see Megidramon as Guilmon's natural evolution as well
Ahh this is also a very nice headcanon which would be perfect! Thinking that Megidramon might be the chaotic, wild, untamed side of Guilmon while Gallantmon is him being fully in control etc.
Also dont really like Black Guilmon a lot, we dont need an edgy version of a Digimon, which basically is virus-themed enough.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@FlareChain
Guilmon's profile said:
Although it is still a Child, its potential as a "Combat Species", something which all Digimon naturally possess, is very high, and it hides the ferocious personality of a carnivorous beast. The mark drawn on its abdomen is called the "Digital Hazard", which is inscribed on those that have the potential to cause massive damage to computer data. However, as long as this ability is used peacefully, it can probably become a being that protects the Digital World.
Growmon's profile said:
A Demon Dragon Digimon that is called the "Deep-crimson Demon Dragon". The childishness it had when it was Guilmon has vanished, and it evolved into a wilder, more brutal Digimon. Also, although it is a Virus Digimon, it may even battle for justice depending on how it was raised by its Tamer, because it will be faithfully obedient
Gallantmon's profile said:
It is a living contradiction, being a guardian deity of the Net despite being a Virus attribute, and if by any chance its balance is lost, it is possible for it to become a dangerous being
Guilmon's profile illustrates how easily destruction comes to it and how important it can be that it becomes a peaceful being while Growmon's pretty much says the same thing but that repetition also highlights the point more. Gallantmon/Dukemon's profile, though, is the biggest evidence for our headcanon as it shows that it can regress into Megidramon if it doesn't keep itself in check, which is a weird threat most Digimon don't usually worry about for themselves. This, to me, is why I see Megidramon as the easier mega to wind up with and thus the "natural" mega or at least the mega more likely to happen as Gallantmon needs to actively keep its morality in check just to remain a Gallantmon. It's also been implied across the profiles that morals are a thing it needs to be taught. This could be taught from a tamer, another Digimon, or itself by going through hardships but it's still something that appears to be learned, not inherent. Otherwise, Gallantmons seem to be Digimon acting against their own nature formed by their own self discipline and doctrine.

WarGrowmon's profile doesn't offer anything to the headcanon

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon is that BlackGuilmon is the 'original' Guilmon, like how the virus MetalGreymon was the original.
In Tamers, Takato created a Guilmon subspecies that is not as evil. Megidramon is an in-between form of Dukemon and ChaosDukemon, like how BlackSeraphimon is the in-between of Seraphimon and Demon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon is that BlackGuilmon is the 'original' Guilmon, like how the virus MetalGreymon was the original.
In Tamers, Takato created a Guilmon subspecies that is not as evil. Megidramon is an in-between form of Dukemon and ChaosDukemon, like how BlackSeraphimon is the in-between of Seraphimon and Demon.
I like it better than Takato creating the Guilmon itself so interesting thought

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The black variants of the main Tamers Digimon are something of an anomaly in general, considering they keep the same attributes as their counterparts yet generally have profiles talking about how they're more ferocious than those counterparts. I guess they just felt like making a simple addition (and potential throwback to the V-pets) to the D-Ark toys: keep your main Digimon well-raised or you'll...... end up with a more darkly-shaded sprite, apparently (except Terriermon, as I guess they had plans for a Terriermon-themed D-Ark before just going with a Ver. 1.5, thus relegating its black line for the card game). As for their attributes, they probably figured that just making all of them Viruses (or making Guilmon's main line Vaccine, for that matter) would be redundant as all hell. That, or it's because of the way training with particular attributes works on the D-Ark. At any rate, the general idea was probably that these are mostly the same Digimon, only lesser in some way (either in terms of skill and ability, as Kuzuhamon's profile suggests, or they're just not as controlled, as is the case with the Black Guilmon line).

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really liking Nagatem’s characterization of Lilithmon there. Pretty much what I’d use for her as a partner.

Another one: Adventure Remake!Calamaramon will be purified after death to become someone’s partner as a Ranamon.
And another: Cherubimon “helped” the Evil Warriors control their beast modes by eventually taking complete control of them for their final battles.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dukemon specifically being the fusion with Takato was already basically Tamers canon?
The episode where it happens is outright called "The Name's Dukemon! True Ultimate Evolution". Which is just hilariously on the nose.

And that's why the Tamers' Ultimate Digimon were all so humanoid because of their partners' influence???
No, it's just because of the Digimon. Beelzemon and Andromon are humanoid too, with no human merger.
Well shoot, I thought it was the case for the longest time. Maybe my brain was mixing it up with that episode where Kyubimon evolves into Taomon and one of the Devas is all like, "Ew you look like a human, it's all because you have a Tamer"?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Ranamon as a partner? I like that idea. Heh I even tried to work on a line for her.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Somehow TK's novels found their way into the Tamers universe and became the basis for the TV show, which is why Adventure can be a TV show and an actual reality in Hunters.